IGNORED

Elizabeth Munck Is Getting Married

theologygeek

10 hours ago, Howl said:

This is so far beyond awesome!  I almost missed the giraffe.  If I had to add dialog based on the gestures and body language, it would be: 

Jesus: Adam, you're beyond hot.  Maybe we can get Eve here to go gather some fruit while we get to know each other. 

OK, I'm off to the prayer closet, but with my laptop to look up more Nathan Green, who is very good with discreet placement of fern fronds and tigers. 

I found some more awesomeness. I'm creating a new thread.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy she is marrying someone so unMaxwellian. 

It's no shock he's a fundie of some sort, but clearly he is not scared of the world since he has social media so that right there makes him a few hundred steps up from Joseph.

Bekah has a boyfriend and facebook, so obviously the Muncks have strayed quite a ways from Maxwell brand fundie-dom, and stayed away. So, that is another few hundred steps up in their lives and for the futures of their daughters.

On 1/5/2017 at 11:33 AM, Screamapillar said:

Be right back, running off to the Ark Encounter to see if Unicorns were aboard Noah's Ark.

Nope.

18 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I would LOVE 4 crock pots.  I love making my own broth, but it takes forever...and if I want to use the crock pot and broth for soup, then I can't make more broth!  If I had multiple crock pots, on the weekends I would probably have 2 making up broth for the week, and one making my dinner!

I COULD HAVE A CROCK POT FOR EVERY MEAT!

Oh man.  I need 4 crock pots.  

I don't have a crockpot, but reading your post just encourages me to buy one.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:10 PM, Grimalkin said:

What do mean SLIGHTLY cringeworthy? I think it's awesome but not for the same reasons most people do. 

Nathan Green is my favorite Christian artist.

IMG_3549.JPG

What's not to love?

This looks like picture that might be in a Jehovah's Witness kiddie book.

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

I don't have a crockpot, but reading your post just encourages me to buy one.

Check out the newish appliance called an "Instapot"  It's like a pressure cooker and crockpot in one.  I might need to do some investigating on this one.

On 2017-01-06 at 10:58 AM, Georgiana said:

I would LOVE 4 crock pots.  I love making my own broth, but it takes forever...and if I want to use the crock pot and broth for soup, then I can't make more broth!  If I had multiple crock pots, on the weekends I would probably have 2 making up broth for the week, and one making my dinner!

I COULD HAVE A CROCK POT FOR EVERY MEAT!

Oh man.  I need 4 crock pots.  

I, too, enjoy a good crock pot. And, I must say, my husband rocks in the crock pot department!

But, I'm really quoting you here just to say I really chuckled at your location!  (And I'm awfully glad I read this thread or I would think you'd lost your marbles.)

50 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Check out the newish appliance called an "Instapot"  It's like a pressure cooker and crockpot in one.  I might need to do some investigating on this one.

My sister has one and says it's awesome and fast, but I don't know anything else about it.

I can't snark on someone with a big family having multiple crock pots. My mom is always having to borrow my sisters' ones when we have the whole extended family over for Christmas, and she recently got one of those 3-pots-in-one to go along with hers. She partly uses that one for keeping the food warm during dinner, though. And she still could have used one more this year - she sometimes cooks the ham in one and it's the only way I'll eat ham.

Glad this girl avoided Maxhell. Hope she has a beautiful, fun wedding!

I am so happy for Elizabeth.  She looks happy and healthy.  I'm sure it took a long time for her to heal from the Maxwell engagement.  I hope she was able to sell her first dress and bought a new one for her new life.  Hopefully we'll be able to find some wedding photos.

Elizabeth, if you read here, congratulations!

4 hours ago, Granwych said:

Instant Pot - pressure cooker, crock pot, rice cooker, steamer, sautee-er all in one.  I got mine on sale from Amazon on Black Friday and I big puffy heart love it.  

2 hours ago, dramallama said:

Instant Pot - pressure cooker, crock pot, rice cooker, steamer, sautee-er all in one.  I got mine on sale from Amazon on Black Friday and I big puffy heart love it.  

Same here.  Love my Instant Pot.

Those pictures are sidesplitting. I keep thinking of that South Park episode where Cartman forms a Christian band. They'd make hilarious album covers.

So much color on that registry! Plaid! Aqua! Faux fur!

Not my taste, but I'm glad to see they won't have a beige house/apartment. 

• 1 month later...

Do I spy a tattoo peeking out from the groom's sleeve? :pearlclutching: I kid, she looked radiant and I hope they're very happy. 

She looks beautiful, and the groom is cute. I hope she's very happy!

ETA: Does any else think she's a dead ringer for Philippa Soo, or is it just me?

The dress fits her! Yay! I'm so tired of these fundies with ill fitting dresses. 

And he not only has a tattoo, but in a place that EVERYONE will see. A tattoo on the hand is very different from a tattoo on the shoulder blade. You could work somewhere for 20 years and no one will see a should blade tattoo. But a hand tattoo is seen from day one! That's daring!

Lovely dress.  That style of a lace overlay on a strapless bodice underneath would have never passed in Maxhell.   Both look so happy and I agree that the groom is cute too.   I like that he has a tattoo, suggests to me he is not at all cut from the same cloth as Joe.  

I am so glad she had the strength to say no to Maxhell so she could go on to this happy day. 

The dress fits her very well but it looks like a very cheap dress to me. Maybe it's the lighting but the fabric looks poor or maybe outdated. At least it's better than her sister's gown, which didn't fit her at all.

Please don't get me wrong, my own wedding dress was cheap, I have nothing against austere weddings. I'm just snarking on the dress.

Anyway, thet guy looks 100000000 times better than Joseph Maxwell. I'm very happy for Elizabeth and wish her a happy life and a very few children. :my_biggrin:

Thanks for posting the pic @Milly-Molly-Mandy.

I agree, they look very happy, and Elizabeth is a beautiful young woman.

I admit, when I first looked at the picture I was taken aback by the word Virgin on top (those fundies and their obsession with virginity!) 

Then i realized it was the name of the phone carrier. :pb_lol:

I totally didn't expect this dress! It's beautiful, though. Looks like it's made from some rubber-like material, which is interesting. And it's quite obvious it wasn't the dress she would've worn had she married poor Joey Maxwell.

Did I read somewhere that the next sister Rebekah is getting married too? Well, can't blame them for wanting their privacy. Hope they have very fulfilling lives, and can learn to think for themselves and therefore seek God for themselves too.

Archived