IGNORED

Elizabeth Munck Is Getting Married

theologygeek

I'm happy for her. I always liked reading their blog. So glad she didn't marry Joe Maxwell. She has such a lovely smile and it would be sad to see the life sucked out of her on Titus Two... 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Stevehovah would have a fit...the ministry that Caleb works for is Pentecostal!!! 

I stalked their registry...nothing's been bought from it with just over a week to go to the wedding. That sucks. 

I have been watching Perry Stone's youtube and facebook videos.  I may not agree with half the stuff he says, but I like him.  He's energetic and funny.  He seems normal, if you can get past the conservative beliefs.  He was singing and dancing to Hava Nagila while in Jerusalem.  His daughter Amanda seems like a happy and lively girl.  The family seems like a fun bunch. 

5 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Be right back, running off to the Ark Encounter to see if Unicorns were aboard Noah's Ark.

well creation.com says that when the KJV mentions unicorns it's a mistranslation for a wild ox, which happened because of how they were depicted in Assyrian art. http://creation.com/the-unicorn

That's right: the King James is wrong, unicorns aren't real! #themoreyouknow

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Stevehovah would have a fit...the ministry that Caleb works for is Pentecostal!!! 

I stalked their registry...nothing's been bought from it with just over a week to go to the wedding. That sucks. 

Why does stevie hate Pentecostals?

Just now, Free2BeMe said:

they dance, laugh and have fun

5 minutes ago, Free2BeMe said:

Doesn't Steve hate anyone that is not his brand of Christian. 

10 hours ago, Georgiana said:

He's cute!  And likely 10000000000x better than joining Maxhell.  I'm happy for her!

However, before we get too high on him, he does seem to be the king of slightly cringe-inducing Christian art, which in my experience generally appeals to VERY annoying, holier than thou, Right Kind (TM), "I'm not discriminating or hating, I'm just defending my faith" sort of Christians.  I skipped all the fire-lions, but I submit the below as evidence:

2017-01-05 09_33_53-Caleb Byars.png

What do mean SLIGHTLY cringeworthy? I think it's awesome but not for the same reasons most people do. 

Nathan Green is my favorite Christian artist.

IMG_3549.JPG

What's not to love?

12 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Be right back, running off to the Ark Encounter to see if Unicorns were aboard Noah's Ark.

No, there were no unicorns on the ark. (I'm including this just because it would drive Steve crazy)

12 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Liz seemed to have a passion for special education.  If only she had been allowed to pursue that.

If the Mr. and the soon to be Mrs. read here, she could do WONDERS if she were allowed to take some classes at a local CC or regular college.  With her experience, she could then work from home developing godly, home-school curriculum/publications/aids/seminars for homeschooling with special needs kids.  It's honestly a niche that I think is currently unfilled, and she would be a GREAT person to take on that task!

That would be gorgeous and much needed. My heart goes out to all the special needs kids in fundie families who don't receive the education they need and deserve.

15 hours ago, theologygeek said:

I'm happy for her too.

When ever I see registries like that I want to get married myself. Just to get all the great cooking supplies.

9 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

What do mean SLIGHTLY cringeworthy? I think it's awesome but not for the same reasons most people do. 

IMG_3549.JPG

What's not to love?

This is so far beyond awesome!  I almost missed the giraffe.  If I had to add dialog based on the gestures and body language, it would be: 

Jesus: Adam, you're beyond hot.  Maybe we can get Eve here to go gather some fruit while we get to know each other. 

OK, I'm off to the prayer closet, but with my laptop to look up more Nathan Green, who is very good with discreet placement of fern fronds and tigers. 

11 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

IMG_3549.JPG

What's not to love?

Inquiring minds wanna know. Why is Jesus fully dressed, and Adam and Eve nekkid??

30 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Inquiring minds wanna know. Why is Jesus fully dressed, and Adam and Eve nekkid??

Because Jesus needs to wear clothing due to original sin.

Waitaminute...

Steve hates anyone who is not Steve.  

Good on you Elizabeth!   Dance, laugh and be happy with your very cute husband. 

I would LOVE 4 crock pots.  I love making my own broth, but it takes forever...and if I want to use the crock pot and broth for soup, then I can't make more broth!  If I had multiple crock pots, on the weekends I would probably have 2 making up broth for the week, and one making my dinner!

I COULD HAVE A CROCK POT FOR EVERY MEAT!

Oh man.  I need 4 crock pots.  

8 hours ago, Bethella said:

No, there were no unicorns on the ark. (I'm including this just because it would drive Steve crazy)

Omg  remember singing this in (Catholic) preschool! I bet this is going to be in my head all weekend. Thanks, FJ!

8 hours ago, Bethella said:

Omg this song always makes me laugh because we were all sitting in my aunts kitchen one night which is attatched to the living room by a door (small rural Irish bungaloe) and my uncle was flicking through channels on the tv when this song came on. My aunt(73), mum (61) and cousin (53) all started singing it in the kitchen and laughing. When it finished and we were all just sitting having our tea my mum turned around and said 'unicorns are extinct aren't they?' We all were nearly rolling around the floor laughing and every time we tried to explain to her that they never existed we all started laughing again. Her reasoning was the idea had to come from somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

I would LOVE 4 crock pots.  I love making my own broth, but it takes forever...and if I want to use the crock pot and broth for soup, then I can't make more broth!  If I had multiple crock pots, on the weekends I would probably have 2 making up broth for the week, and one making my dinner!

I have two, and one is the exact same maroon 1.5quart on their registry. The other is a basic black 4quart. 

5 hours ago, Georgiana said:

...I have I large oval crockpot, 2 average-sized ones, one smaller crockpot, one large rice cooker, and 3 steamers.  All either given to me or bought on sale.  Now that it's just me and Grampwych, they don't get used that much.

I am very happy for Elizabeth and her intended.  Suck on that, Stevie boy!

6 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

And why is Jesus hanging out with Adam and Eve? It's not like they ever met up in the Garden of Eden. I don't understand!!!!

Cool! And a week till the wedding. That was about the time before when she cancelled her wedding to poor-Joey. Fitting we'd only find it then. Can't say anything snarky about that. No updates on the family blog for about 2 years, but i can't really blame her.

12 hours ago, meee said:

What IS his brand of Christian anyway?

He's the founding father of the Church of Holy Stevus. 

Archived