IGNORED

Elizabeth Munck Is Getting Married

theologygeek

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the Elizabeth who had a narrow escape from becoming a Maxwell?  And then had all the snarky comments from the patriarch?  I'm so glad her parents seem to have stepped back from the experimental lifestyle, and supported her.

He's cute!  And likely 10000000000x better than joining Maxhell.  I'm happy for her!

However, before we get too high on him, he does seem to be the king of slightly cringe-inducing Christian art, which in my experience generally appeals to VERY annoying, holier than thou, Right Kind (TM), "I'm not discriminating or hating, I'm just defending my faith" sort of Christians.  I skipped all the fire-lions, but I submit the below as evidence:

2017-01-05 09_33_53-Caleb Byars.png

The fiance's Facebook says that he works  for evangelist Dr. Perry Stone. Here is Stone's website, I wonder if anyone here is familiar with Stone.

http://www.voe.org/store/

Elizabeth's fiance seems pretty religious. I agree with kpmom, he might not be a tight ass like Joe M.

The Muncks seemed to be less conservative than the Maxwells. Elizabeth may be better off with this guy

46 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

WTF is that? Do people buy that? 

It appears to be Super Jesus riding a glowing unicorn that had its pagan horn filed down (but there's still a stub there) over all the peoples of the Aryan migratory path (I can identify the Eiffel Tower, a windmill, the Taj Mahal, and possibly the Houses of Parliament, the White house, and the NY skyline WITH the Twin Towers along with some nebulous cities), spreading dandelion seeds from his hand while a divinely ordained bald eagle (AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!) rains lightning down upon its foes.  Also there's some ghost horses in the background spreading (presumably) more dandelion seeds.  

It's equal parts ridiculous and offensive, though I wouldn't be surprised if our friend here didn't look close enough to see the landmarks and just posted it because of SUPER JESUS on a UNICORN.  

Graduated from HS in 2009 so he's about 25 -- what is a "laboror" & why would a tv evangelist need one? Maybe he's being humble about his art, or technical support for Dr. Perry.

Sorry for the damp blanket but I just wonder how they're going to live. Surely Ms. Liz will still have gainful employ at the grooming parlor. Srsly! No snark about that. An honorable trade, that! 

7 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Graduated from HS in 2009 so he's about 25 -- what is a "laboror" & why would a tv evangelist need one? Maybe he's being humble about his art, or technical support for Dr. Perry.

Sorry for the damp blanket but I just wonder how they're going to live. Surely Ms. Liz will still have gainful employ at the grooming parlor. Srsly! No snark about that. An honorable trade, that! 

Liz seemed to have a passion for special education.  If only she had been allowed to pursue that.

If the Mr. and the soon to be Mrs. read here, she could do WONDERS if she were allowed to take some classes at a local CC or regular college.  With her experience, she could then work from home developing godly, home-school curriculum/publications/aids/seminars for homeschooling with special needs kids.  It's honestly a niche that I think is currently unfilled, and she would be a GREAT person to take on that task!

He wasn't homeschooled which is a step up from Maxhell, Brookwood is a public school. He at least grew up with normal people. 

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

Be right back, running off to the Ark Encounter to see if Unicorns were aboard Noah's Ark.

I heard that Noah only packed one unicorn, hence our current unicorn-less planet.

But I'm sure Jesus just asked his dad to make a new one.  They're the BEST for raining vengeance upon foes.  

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

My guess is he does equipment maintenance or is gopher doing various tasks for the evangelist and others on staff.

Happy for Liz, I truly am.  Not surprised that she's marrying someone religious, somehow I expected that would be the sort of person she would want to marry regardless of her escape from Maxhell.   She probably thought she found that quality in Joe, only to realize that it was he was a member of the cult of Steve.

8 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Happy for Liz, I truly am.  Not surprised that she's marrying someone religious, somehow I expected that would be the sort of person she would want to marry regardless of her escape from Maxhell.   She probably thought she found that quality in Joe, only to realize that it was he was a member of the cult of Steve.

Hope this person treats her like an equal unlike if she had married Joseph I don't think that would have happened. 

I can't snark on this Dr Perry Stone guy.  That Women of Hope ministry is seriously nice.  I may even donate something.  It sounds like an incredible ministry.  The Maxwells wouldn't set foot near a crack addict, and here this  ministry is helping the women turn their lives around.  Go Elizabeth!  You did good! 

24 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Hope this person treats her like an equal unlike if she had married Joseph I don't think that would have happened. 

I don't think that would have happened either.   And especially since there's evidence that Steve was pretty angry and remained so for sometime after the broken engagement, I shudder to think what would have become of her once he realized how "ungodly" she was when she was married to Joe.  

Congratulations to her! What I can snark on the amount of cookers/crock pots requested. I don't know if that's normal... maybe I'm crazy, but ack. Why 4 of them?

Her brother and sister have facebooks.  Put Munck in the search of Caleb's friends.  The brother got married and the sister has a boyfriend.  Both siblings look happy. 

1 hour ago, NakedKnees said:

Congratulations to her! What I can snark on the amount of cookers/crock pots requested. I don't know if that's normal... maybe I'm crazy, but ack. Why 4 of them?

She has a large family. If she ever wants to host them for holidays, or even just parties, she might need that many.

Stevehovah would have a fit...the ministry that Caleb works for is Pentecostal!!! 

I stalked their registry...nothing's been bought from it with just over a week to go to the wedding. That sucks. 

Archived