IGNORED

Request an Avatar

Maggie Mae

Hi everyone! 

If you would like an avatar that isn't the default one and you don't know how to make one - request it here! I (or another poster) will see your request and make you one (or more). Please give us at least 48 hours to customize. To request the avatar, please tell us a little bit about what you would like it to look like, your hobbies/fandoms, favorite (or most hated) colors, and which fundies you follow (if you are a newer poster.) 

• Upvote 14

What a very nice offer! If I wasn't so attached to mine I'd take you up on it. Still might, if the offer doesn't have an expiration date.

I would have loved this as a new poster. I had the default for a long while before figuring out how to attach an avatar. I'm, sadly, not terribly tech savvy.

• Upvote 6

32 minutes ago, Season of life... said:

What a very nice offer! If I wasn't so attached to mine I'd take you up on it. Still might, if the offer doesn't have an expiration date.

I would have loved this as a new poster. I had the default for a long while before figuring out how to attach an avatar. I'm, sadly, not terribly tech savvy.

My intention with this thread is for it to be ongoing. We have a lot of talent, and, as evidenced by the "Secret Santa" thread, it seems like a lot of people actually enjoy doing this kind of thing. I'm hoping that other people might volunteer, or long time posters will come here and volunteer their time to make new posters (and long time posters who might not know how/want to spend the time/don't feel they have the creativity) pretty avatars. 

I'll admit, part of it is also my own selfishness. Its easier to tell people apart by pictures and when a group of posters all have the same (default) avatar, it can be confusing. :)

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'll admit, part of it is also my own selfishness. Its easier to tell people apart by pictures and when a group of posters all have the same (default) avatar, it can be confusing. :)

This is such a great idea! I also can tell people apart from their avatars so this will be awesome. I think everyone will be able to tell when I'm in a thread. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 5

I'm volunteering to be an avatar maker. 

If anyone wants a particular image, post it here and I'll be happy to crop, resize, or edit it to your liking.

• Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...

I just now saw this thread, what a nice thing to offer!  I'll try to gather a few brain cells together and come up with something; I would have entered the Christmas one but I have absolutely zero talent in that direction.

• Upvote 5

On 29 December 2016 at 6:47 PM, Maggie Mae said:

Hi everyone! 

If you would like an avatar that isn't the default one and you don't know how to make one - request it here! I (or another poster) will see your request and make you one (or more). Please give us at least 48 hours to customize. To request the avatar, please tell us a little bit about what you would like it to look like, your hobbies/fandoms, favorite (or most hated) colors, and which fundies you follow (if you are a newer poster.) 

Hi Maggie Mae and thank you. I hopelessly non-techie and would love my very own Avatar. My three pet Fundies are John boy, Jody and Jill.

Food, or sometimes lack of it is a common theme for these three. Also grifting.

Would it be possible to make me an Avatar using either of these themes?

Thankyou in advance,

Gobsmacked.

• Upvote 1

@halcionne Just tagging you so you see this request! I'll try and get on it tomorrow (Work computer runs photoshop faster.) 

@Gobsmacked I'm guess you mean Jill R. Who is Jody? I 'm not familiar with that fundie.  And John Boy? I'm guessing that's a nickname, but outside of the specific fundie threads I'm kind of confused. Is that John Maxwell? 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

@halcionne Just tagging you so you see this request! I'll try and get on it tomorrow (Work computer runs photoshop faster.) 

@Gobsmacked I'm guess you mean Jill R. Who is Jody? I 'm not familiar with that fundie.  And John Boy? I'm guessing that's a nickname, but outside of the specific fundie threads I'm kind of confused. Is that John Maxwell? 

Thanks, Maggie Mae. I don't know Jody either, but I think John Boy would be John Shrader.

I'm not much use for creating brand new avatars, but Gobsmacked if you have an image in mind link it and I'd be happy to crop and/or resize it.

• Upvote 3

@Maggie Mae @halcionne I believe Jody would be Jody Hodnett, fundy missionary to Scotland. I don't follow them that closely but they've moved around a bit and they appear to be living in England not Scotland.

• Upvote 3

ooh ooh me ! I would love an avatar! i thank everyone who volunteers to make them for us less-tech-savvy folk.

i would be happy with absolutely anything, but i'll throw out some things i like and i'll be happy with the result!

gray cats. gilmore girls. being sassy. game of thrones. traveling. human rights (okay so I know that isn't exactly an interest, but I just felt the need to throw that out there after this weekend in the US).

;D Thanks so much y'all!

• Upvote 3

@Maggie Mae sweetie, could you crop my face out or tell me how to of a pic, both for a avatar and because, just in case any of my bio maternal family is here or one of my deceased BIL's ummmm ladies is here. Thanks! I hope you are having less dark days. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

@Maggie Mae sweetie, could you crop my face out or tell me how to of a pic, both for a avatar and because, just in case any of my bio maternal family is here or one of my deceased BIL's ummmm ladies is here. Thanks! I hope you are having less dark days. 

Of course! PM me the pic? 

• Upvote 2

Sending it right now! Thanks!

My phone is liking our private message system right now so I'll try again later.

Edited by DaniLouisiana
My phone is stupid!

@Maggie Mae, please use this one instead since my phone is being a butthead as my grandson says.Its the same kitten but not with me. Thanks again! 

FullSizeRender_2.jpg

• Upvote 3

Oh yes he does! He currently has red lipstick kisses from when I kissed him goodbye. His name is Bastien.

• Upvote 4

I love my avatar except that it is no longer the Christmas season.   (Ok, my balsam wreath is still up.) I wouldn't mind if someone would just remove the Merry Christmas banner from the top.  I almost used that avatar minus the holiday greeting once myself.   

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I love my avatar except that it is no longer the Christmas season.   (Ok, my balsam wreath is still up.) I wouldn't mind if someone would just remove the Merry Christmas banner from the top.  I almost used that avatar minus the holiday greeting once myself.   

I'm on the case, Penny! My computer is being an ass right now, so it'll take a short while...

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@halcionne, I like the second one best.  

Ok! I've tested them and it's ready to go. The software doesn't require 100x100 pixels anymore. If you're on a PC, you can open a new window and go to your profile, click your current avatar, then drag and drop the pic from my post. Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone!  Apparently, I was a bit ambitious with the 48-hour timeline. I'm having a really tough time right now. I'm overwhelmed at work, PMS, and touch of SAD. I promise I will get avatars to everyone who requested them! 

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2017 at 5:26 AM, front hugs > duggs said:

ooh ooh me ! I would love an avatar! i thank everyone who volunteers to make them for us less-tech-savvy folk.

i would be happy with absolutely anything, but i'll throw out some things i like and i'll be happy with the result!

gray cats. gilmore girls. being sassy. game of thrones. traveling. human rights (okay so I know that isn't exactly an interest, but I just felt the need to throw that out there after this weekend in the US).

;D Thanks so much y'all!

Let me know if I should try something different! I've got time and energy.

cat.png

• Upvote 2