IGNORED

Request an Avatar

Maggie Mae

On 1/29/2017 at 4:49 PM, Gobsmacked said:

Hi Maggie Mae and thank you. I hopelessly non-techie and would love my very own Avatar. My three pet Fundies are John boy, Jody and Jill.

Food, or sometimes lack of it is a common theme for these three. Also grifting.

Would it be possible to make me an Avatar using either of these themes?

Thankyou in advance,

Gobsmacked.

Let me know if you have any suggestions 

iGrift.png

• Upvote 3

hello

i think i figured out how to change my avatar but it did not work so well. i found this picture and thought it would work....
unfortunately it end up cropped and blurry. now i am not sure how to change it back.

can anyone help make it an avatar? please and thank you

1505440_620836091286743_2122407928_n.jpg

Edited by heathenjaye
hit post before i was done writing
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, heathenjaye said:

hello

i think i figured out how to change my avatar but it did not work so well. i found this picture and thought it would work....
unfortunately it end up cropped and blurry. now i am not sure how to change it back.

can anyone help make it an avatar? please and thank you

It's really small when resized to 120 x 120. I can photoshop the quote and photo together in the proper ratio if you'd prefer. 

ecard.png

• Upvote 2

Just now, Maggie Mae said:

It's really small when resized to 120 x 120. I can photoshop the quote and photo together in the proper ratio if you'd prefer. 

ecard.png

that sounds fine. i just like the quote and thought it appropriate.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, heathenjaye said:

that sounds fine. i just like the quote and thought it appropriate.

It's a lot of text in a very small space. Yes? No? I'm open for all constructive criticism and fairly used to redoing things a hundred times. 

men icon.png

• Upvote 1

On 1/30/2017 at 6:34 PM, DaniLouisiana said:

@Maggie Mae, please use this one instead since my phone is being a butthead as my grandson says.Its the same kitten but not with me. Thanks again!  

Do you want words or color correction? 

kitty 2.png

kitty.png

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

@Maggie Mae, I like the purply one please! Are you feeling better, Sweetie?  I hope so!

I liked that one too, but when I made it full size I realized the kitty had demon eyes. I hope this one works for you. You can just right click it, save it to your desktop and reupload it. Or I can make changes :) I really don't mind. 

I am feeling a LOT better. We are back to seeing sun, I'm off to Hawaii soon. I'm a little depressed about my weight gain and lack of ambition in training for this upcoming race, but in general, my mood is better. The sun helps so much, I feel much less weighed down and "cloudy." 

kitty 3.png

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Let me know if I should try something different! I've got time and energy.

cat.png

Just asking because I'm not sure how you made this at all, but is there anyway it could be a gray cat? If you are unable to that's completely okay.  And would you mind getting rid of my username in there? Other than that it's PURRRRFECT! I love the idea- thank you so much! I really appreciate it and I'm glad you are feeling better (and jealous of your upcoming vaca!)

• Upvote 1

Here is an absurdly bad photoshop of a cat that looked more grey when he was on a plain background. 

greyish kitty IT.png

4 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Just asking because I'm not sure how you made this at all, but is there anyway it could be a gray cat? If you are unable to that's completely okay.  And would you mind getting rid of my username in there? Other than that it's PURRRRFECT! I love the idea- thank you so much! I really appreciate it and I'm glad you are feeling better (and jealous of your upcoming vaca!)

TBH I found that picture in a photoshop battle and just resized it and added your name. I tried to do something similar above; I even tried three different cats. It all comes down to what cat pictures are available. If you can find me the cat you like (and he's on a plain or semi-plane background, no feet or ears cut off) I might be able to make it work. There are a LOT of different grey cats out there. Fluffy, angry, sleeping, kittens, etc. 

• Upvote 4

@Maggie Mae I know it's not for me, but I still think it looks great. The only thing I could see trying is to blur the edges of the cat a little. I would offer to do it, if I didn't just delete my art program to gain space on my iPad. It looks fantastic though and I'm in awe of the contrast.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

yes @Maggie Mae I'm with @Jilli - it's perfect! thank you so much for your time and effort for getting this done for me :)

Can you take it from here or do you need me to resize?  Also, do you or anyone else in this thread such as @DaniLouisiana, or@PennySycamore need me to ask an admin such as @Destiny to assist with uploading a new avatar/user picture?

• Upvote 2

You called? :-p

Seriously, I am happy to do it but it will be a few hours. I'm not at home.

• Upvote 3

@Maggie Mae, I tried to upload the same photo without the Merry Christmas on top a month or so ago and couldn't so I decided to just leave it as is.  I wouldn't mind, though, if you or @Destiny could do that.  I like that picture of Penny Sycamore from the film of You Can't Take It With You.  Penny is at her typewriter, working on a play set in a monastery, and using a kitten as a paperweight.  I also don't mind if you leave it alone.

• Upvote 2

On 3/13/2017 at 7:52 PM, Maggie Mae said:

It's a lot of text in a very small space. Yes? No? I'm open for all constructive criticism and fairly used to redoing things a hundred times. 

men icon.png

a hundred times! i hope not that sound cruel. now that you have pointed out the amount of text i am wondering if that would just be annoying to others. avatars are more about visuals. now i am hopelessly confused. :lost:

any ideas for something more user friendly?

p.s. sorry it took so long to reply.

On 13 March 2017 at 7:31 PM, Maggie Mae said:

Let me know if you have any suggestions 

iGrift.png

Hi Maggie Mae,

I've gone off Jody. He is just so severely boring!  

Me thinks he also tells porkies. He is hiding in Lockerbie, attending church in Carlisle, England! A strange thing for a missionary to Scotland to do!!!! He hasn't posted anything about anything in ages. 

No he does not deserve to be my avatar. 

Would it be possible to have John boy instead?

He has blocked me so he can be my revenge Avatar.

Thank you in advance.

Gobsmacked.

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Hi Maggie Mae,

I've gone off Jody. He is just so severely boring!  

Me thinks he also tells porkies. He is hiding in Lockerbie, attending church in Carlisle, England! A strange thing for a missionary to Scotland to do!!!! He hasn't posted anything about anything in ages. 

No he does not deserve to be my avatar. 

Would it be possible to have John boy instead?

He has blocked me so he can be my revenge Avatar.

Thank you in advance.

Gobsmacked.

Of course. However, I do need to enlist the assistance of someone else on these boards as that is not a person I follow or know anything about. 

• 3 months later...

I don't have an avatar yet because I'm too indecisive to pick something.  If someone would like to help me out, I'd appreciate it.   My hobby is scrapbooking, but I don't have much time for it.  I love Doctor Who.  Green is my signiture color.    I have an odd obsession with fundy Mormons (I briefly tried to create an avatar of an FLDS girl in  green dress).  I also spend way too much time reading "honor codes" from schools like PCC.  I currently mostly follow Jill R., Kimmi, Erika, and the O'Malleys.  I had to stop following the Naugers because <<shudder>>.  And I would follow Sparkling Lauren if she started posting again.

• 2 months later...

This is amazing! I looked up the instructions on how to do it and honestly could not figure it out!

If someone could make me an avatar that would be so nice of them! 

Things I like: cats, funny quotes (I'm not opposed to curse words or potty humor), Harry Potter (obviously), The fundamentalist group I am most familiar with is the Duggars, but I am also very intrigued by the polygamists. 

Maybe I could have an avatar of one of the Duggar girls? 

Anyways, if this is not specific enough or you would like me to find a picture for you to resize, I can do that too. Thanks!

Oh if this is still an offer I’d love to have a picture of my spirit animal, Mama Junebug Jones of the Skippyjon Jones books. I may be able to find one & post it here! Thank you a million billion gazillion infinitely!