IGNORED

The Boyer Sisters, Part 3

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, AlwaysExcited said:

I'm sitting on my floor with hot tea and cranberries in powdered sugar (local snack that I absolutely love and can pretend it's healthy-ish). My dog is adorably snoring next to me, tired after her evening walk. Youtube is playing my favorite songs. I'm wearing black skinny jeans and dark blue sweater. At day I wore my favorite top, because that's always make things better. I'm also procrastinating on being productive, but I'll motivate myself with a delightful reward - an episode of a tv show. I just need to do that quickly so I can go to bed early. Tomorrow will be a long day, and I must get up around 5:30 am. 

Please expand on the cranberries and powderd sugar. 

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Please expand on the cranberries and powderd sugar. 

There is not much to expand... It's just that. Cranberries in sugar coating. I've never tried to make my own, but there are two most popular variations, with egg white or with syrup. The healthy part comes from cranberries, but amount of sugar makes it into snack that's better not be eaten everyday. :pb_lol:

Now, I think I will try or make the syrup version this weekend. It looks less sugary than cranberries I bought in shop today. 

43 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

There is not much to expand... It's just that. Cranberries in sugar coating. I've never tried to make my own, but there are two most popular variations, with egg white or with syrup. The healthy part comes from cranberries, but amount of sugar makes it into snack that's better not be eaten everyday. :pb_lol:

Now, I think I will try or make the syrup version this weekend. It looks less sugary than cranberries I bought in shop today. 

Sounds yummy! You said it's a local specialty- do you mind me asking where you live?

On 2/15/2017 at 8:11 AM, Flossie said:

I've seen it happen.  When I worked in a call center there was this one girl (I have to call her that because she acted like a girl, even though she was at least old enough to drink) who was fighting with her manager because she wanted a certain night off for a Special Occasion.

"I have to have that night off because it's the third month anniversary of when we got married.  We have always promised each other that we'd celebrate each monthly anniversary with a special night out."  

Manager just smiled at her.  Then she went on a rant.  Apparently that Young Couple had discovered the way to have the perfect marriage:  "What people don't understand is that the marriage is the most important thing.  If you neglect it you're doomed.  We have vowed that we'd never put anything else before our marriage.  We celebrate our anniversary each month.  We have breakfast in bed. We give each other gifts and go out to our favorite restaurant.  We tell each other everything that happens while we are away from each other.  We have great sex.  We're going to be together forever and I'm willing to walk out of here right now if I can't have tomorrow off!"  

Her manager smiled again and told her to have a good evening, then asked her if she was willing to work a weekend shift to make up for the night off.  

Girl who has it all figured out:  "But we have plans for the weekend.  Can't we use some of my PTO (paid time off)?"

Manager:  "You're supposed to apply for PTO at least 24 hours before the next schedule comes out.  You didn't do that, but I can override that in case of emergency.  But you haven't worked here long enough for you to have accrued enough PTO time to cover a whole shift.  We don't usually let people use PTO until they have 20 hours banked unless it's an emergency.  A three month anniversary isn't considered an emergency, but I'll let you slide.  So do you want to lose a days pay or do you want to work on the weekend?  Call your husband and let me know.  You have half an hour, I'll need the time to adjust the schedule."

Girl who had it all figured out flounced out to call her husband.  Her manager just shook his head and laughed.  Another employee asked him why he let her get away with that.  He replied "She does a good job when she's not going on about her super-special marriage.  I think it's funny to watch her when she starts telling people how things are supposed to be.  I kind of want to see what happens when she has a real emergency and can't have her Anniversary Date Night."

Someone else said:  "And she's pretty, always wears full makeup and tight clothing and prances around every chance she gets hoping for someone to tell her how hot she is."

Manager:  "Yeah, there's that.  She's hot.  I like looking at her.  She's also stuck up and I want to see what happens when she doesn't get her way.  It's going to be quite the show.  But don't worry, we're always hiring.  If she goes too far or pisses off the wrong person, she can be replaced.  For right now, she's hot, and she amuses me."

This was also the same girl that criticized a woman (behind her back) who came back after maternity leave for not having lost the baby weight yet.  The same girl who threw a fit when she was having a bad hair day and wanted to wear a stylish ball cap, but it interfered with her headset, and the same girl who got a skateboard with a handle in the company Christmas draw and kept putting her customers on hold while she skated back and forth so everyone could see her.

My word. It's a picture of Raquel, newly married.

Hey, I'd like to get in on this food blogging thing! For Valentine's Day I made my boyfriend and myself white lasagna with ricotta-parmesan-fontina filling and a bechamel sauce with shallots, spinach, and artichokes. He's a vegetarian, but I would have liked some prosciutto in there or something. Chocolate pots de creme for dessert. It was pretty gourmet, if I do say so myself. I may or may not have yelled "COME TO MAMA" when I was pulling it out of the oven :D

That dinner on the blog looked nice to me. Really healthy. Way healthier than my lasagna (but I used whole wheat noodles, that's got to count for something!) I can't snark on it. Love the dishes. I have a mild obsession with tableware.

On 2/15/2017 at 11:55 AM, Kariina said:

But I wouldn't be surprised if the sudden front page negativity paired with possible real-life engagement by Gabe was really stressing them out. This may be the first really thorough, organized critique/criticism they've ever been exposed to

I noticed this, too. Since Gabe has been on here, I've actually found myself being nicer and more constructive in my comments, rather than just snarking. Sometimes I forget that these people are real people with feelings and lives all their own. Since my words might get back to the sisters, I've found myself being very careful with them. I'm terrified of making people feel bad about themselves, unless they're actively rude to me, personally.

No judgement on those who are snarkier than me, of course, this is a snark site after all! I'm just super non-confrontational. My sister tells me I'm way too nice. Could be worse :)

I'll keep it short and no pics. Black Bean Burgers with salad and oven baked fries for dinner while dressed in yoga pants and x-large t-shirt. Not sure who did the dishes and I drink wine during the week thanks to the orange cheeto.

:my_shy:

I did make dark chocolate chia seed pudding with strawberries and whipped cream on top. 

1 hour ago, MargaretElliott said:

Hey, I'd like to get in on this food blogging thing! For Valentine's Day I made my boyfriend and myself white lasagna with ricotta-parmesan-fontina filling and a bechamel sauce with shallots, spinach, and artichokes. He's a vegetarian, but I would have liked some prosciutto in there or something. Chocolate pots de creme for dessert. It was pretty gourmet, if I do say so myself. I may or may not have yelled "COME TO MAMA" when I was pulling it out of the oven :D

That dinner on the blog looked nice to me. Really healthy. Way healthier than my lasagna (but I used whole wheat noodles, that's got to count for something!) I can't snark on it. Love the dishes. I have a mild obsession with tableware.

I noticed this, too. Since Gabe has been on here, I've actually found myself being nicer and more constructive in my comments, rather than just snarking. Sometimes I forget that these people are real people with feelings and lives all their own. Since my words might get back to the sisters, I've found myself being very careful with them. I'm terrified of making people feel bad about themselves, unless they're actively rude to me, personally.

No judgement on those who are snarkier than me, of course, this is a snark site after all! I'm just super non-confrontational. My sister tells me I'm way too nice. Could be worse :)

Sounds like a killer lasagna! I made salted caramel pots de creme recently. Sooo tasty! Garnished with hazelnut brittle and candied kumquat peel. 

I pan seared duck breast, sautéed wild mushrooms, and made a red wine reduction and served it with a watercress salad and champagne vinaigrette. 

Ha! Just kidding.  I served a Costco rotisserie chicken, Birds Eye mixed vegetables and Rice a Roni wild rice pilaf. I'm wearing navy leggings, a grey tee shirt and a brown cardigan. Nothing matches. I am so happy tomorrow is Friday and we are going out for Japanese food. Cooking is overrated. Though I am sad I will have to wear real pants in the restaurant. Pants are overrated too. 

@ChunkyBarbie you are killing me! We are going to eat somewhere tomorrow as well and  already thinking I have to wear real clothes. 

I do like to cook, it's one of my things.  I also like to eat out at new restaurants which we are doing tomorrow.

I have Trader Joe's Champagne Vinaigrette. :my_biggrin:

I made hamburger helper for dinner and paired it with whiskey sours made with the cheapest whiskey I could stomach buying. :pb_confused:

6 minutes ago, DaisyD said:

I made hamburger helper for dinner and paired it with whiskey sours made with the cheapest whiskey I could stomach buying. :pb_confused:

But what did you wear and was there a sunset involved?  :my_huh:

Ok confession time. The pots de creme were made at work, I got paid to make that. The aforementioned "special" chocolate chip cookies are more my speed for at-home dessert.

32 minutes ago, DancingPhalanges said:

But what did you wear and was there a sunset involved?  :my_huh:

Sorry! I wore a slightly worn grey long sleeve v-neck shirt and dark blue jeans with laceless sneakers. All is regular attired except the shoes. I almost always wear heels of some kind because I'm too short for the world...

There was only Star Trek involved. Sunsets are generally reserved for weekends since that's when we're not running around like lunatics or collapsed on the couch.:pb_wink:

20 minutes ago, DaisyD said:

Sorry! I wore a slightly worn grey long sleeve v-neck shirt and dark blue jeans with laceless sneakers. All is regular attired except the shoes. I almost always wear heels of some kind because I'm too short for the world...

There was only Star Trek involved. Sunsets are generally reserved for weekends since that's when we're not running around like lunatics or collapsed on the couch.:pb_wink:

Ooh what Star Trek? Update: grilled flank steak salad tonight. I'm wearing leggings and a gray thermal shirt sans bra and felted wool LL Bean slippers. Local Pinot from a tumbler.

We're watching them in ST universe order. We started with Enterprise, then TOS, now we're on TNG, watching the movies where they go along the way.

I hate all of you. I feel so inadequate. The last meal I cooked at home was frozen ravioli with cut up tomatoes and basil.

I wore pj pants and a t-shirt. No toe prisons, cos fuck that.

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I hate all of you. I feel so inadequate. The last meal I cooked at home was frozen ravioli with cut up tomatoes and basil.

I wore pj pants and a t-shirt. No toe prisons, cos fuck that.

At least you have fresh vegetables in your house...:pb_redface:

At least you have fresh vegetables in your house...:pb_redface:

Those are the only ones I had. They are now gone. LOL

Well, dear @Destiny, I would love to cook for you! I hate hate hate cooking for just my husband! I miss having people to cook for! That being said, Tuesday I made etoufee (forgot the roux-do we have a red face emoji?), sausage, mushroom & onion handpies last night and french onion soup tonight. Tomorrow is crab/lobster au gratin sandwiches because Kiddo has a med appointment that I need to be at.

Tonight, I wore a purrcat t shirt (half cat half mermaid) jeans, and nothing on my feet while I made pasta with bacon, onions, garlic, sun dried  tomatoes and a mix of collard and mustard greens, all kissed with crushed red pepper. 

I also had some tamarind pods and wanted something like the Mexican street candy adult me would never touch or allow my children to eat-which is tamarind paste mixed with sugar and chili pepper. I decided to try and be healthy so I mixed the tamarind paste with dates and raw nuts and added some oats to thicken it, with some cayenne. I'm pretty proud of it. sort of like those energy bites that were so posh not too long ago. 

So rethinking the blog eh? Are you going to post pictures of yourselves thinking great thoughts? Will you discuss existential philosophy? Will there be deep and meaningful theological discussions?

Is this what you are talking about @AlwaysExcited http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/sugared-cranberries/

5 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Sounds yummy! You said it's a local specialty- do you mind me asking where you live?

Eastern Europe. 

I had a smoothie for breakfast, and, of course, black coffee. Wearing pj pants and a t-shirt. I overslept. Does that count as a reason for another coffee? 

I forgot to post what I'm wearing-a green chiffon skirt that Kiddo bought me, a comfy sweater and khaki boots because along with being homesick, I felt like dressing up a little today.

I made spaghetti carbonara minus prosciutto the other night. Even without the meat, it was delicious. Boyfriend said it was one of his favorites so far! I'll have to teach him how to make it for me. :D 

Is it time to revive the 'what's for dinner thread? I was so ambitious tonight: I made a crustless chicken pot pie with carrots, corn and peas.

And if I'm being completely honest, the crustless chicken pot pie was a frozen tv dinner. :my_tongue:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived