IGNORED

Creationist theme park lights up Noah’s Ark to ‘reclaim’ rainbow from gay people

lilwriter85

13 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

An infamous Creationist theme park in Kentucky is lighting up Noah’s Ark in rainbow colours, to “reclaim” the symbol from homosexuals.

Heh, good luck with that!  

However, he wants to make crystal clear that it’s not rainbow as in ‘gay’, but rainbow as in ‘God will bring death to sinners’.

OK, first, there's the unneeded apostrophe in sinners.   But that's not the big problem.  Every fundy will go on and on about what terrible sinners they are, even the most blameless.  So Ken Ham, you're just as likely to die from being struck dead by God as the next person, because many fundamentalists think all sin is the same.  Plus, I'm pretty sure God is laughing a bit over how you believe the ark was constructed.  See ya in hell, loser! 

12 hours ago, Dandruff said:

There weren't any Christmas lights in the time of Noah, but I'm pretty sure there were some gay people.

Upvoting this times eleventy! 

Plus, I thought the rainbow was God's promise that He would never again destroy the earth?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't automatically assume that a rainbow is a LGBT+ symbol.

14 hours ago, BackseatMom said:

What beautiful lights for such a weird, hateful park. A statement of creationism? What the actual fuck is wrong with these people?

Many of these people probably also posted this on their Facebook timelines when Obama and the White House celebrated the nationwide passage of gay marriage.

CJBmE9jUYAA74rB.jpg

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

Many of these people probably also posted this on their Facebook timelines when Obama and the White House celebrated the nationwide passage of gay marriage.

CJBmE9jUYAA74rB.jpg

Aside from the whole "no religious test" thing in the Constitution that seems in conflict with the 1st part of that graphic, what's the issue with having a Skittles factory in the White House? That sounds awesome! :D

Looks like Skittles actually did a nice ad campaign for London Pride this year! (I found the link while searching for the inevitable accounts of people who were convinced by that graphic that Skittles is part of the "gay agenda" forcing people into homosexuality by their dastardly use of a rainbow color palette for decades. Of course those accounts exist, but I'm choosing to only link to the nice article!)

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Heh, good luck with that!  

OK, first, there's the unneeded apostrophe in sinners.   But that's not the big problem.  Every fundy will go on and on about what terrible sinners they are, even the most blameless.  So Ken Ham, you're just as likely to die from being struck dead by God as the next person, because many fundamentalists think all sin is the same.  Plus, I'm pretty sure God is laughing a bit over how you believe the ark was constructed.  See ya in hell, loser! 

Upvoting this times eleventy! 

It's not an unneeded apostrophe, it's a quotation mark- see the corresponding one before the word God.

But anyway, hush up Ken Ham. You're an arse.

Isn't he still on paper?  If so, Ken Ham has more issues to worry about than Pride (and gays rocking the rainbow better than any of us heterosexuals can) :)

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

It's not an unneeded apostrophe, it's a quotation mark- see the corresponding one before the word God.

Sorry, I've become an apostrophe fanatic lately and I need to stand down! 

rainbow as in ‘God will bring death to sinners’.

Dude doesn't know his Bible, which says:

And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

So God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.”

The rainbow isn't about death but about the promise of life.

The lights were pretty, & they did do a nice job with them.

However, with regards to reclaiming the rainbow from the ebil gay people? Might as well try to reclaim the sun from tanners and rain from gardeners. (Wait, what's that you're saying? My sentence made no sense? Well, you're 100% right about that, but neither did the "reclaiming the rainbow" nonsense.)  

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

This always amuses me. If God is some all-powerful, why does God need a reminder? Would make so much more sense if it was a reminder for people.

But, yeah, these sort of publicity stunts also crack me up. It's like "we're taking it back; so there!" And the rest of us are supposed to be so stunned, shocked and offended, when in reality the general response is "Um, okay." It's like, this year, I actually had some "War on Christmas" nut aggressively wish me "Merry Christmas" and all I could think was "You do know that's not a magical incantation to smite your enemies, right?" 

39 minutes ago, Terrie said:

This always amuses me. If God is some all-powerful, why does God need a reminder? Would make so much more sense if it was a reminder for people.

It is a reminder for the people. Basically there was never rain before the flood and rainbows were for people to know that there would never be a storm that bad again. 

4 hours ago, purple_summer said:

It is a reminder for the people. Basically there was never rain before the flood and rainbows were for people to know that there would never be a storm that bad again. 

In the quote "I" is specially God speaking saying He would remember when he saw the rainbow.  

Awe Ken Ham always good for a face palm followed by mumbling the man is a tax money stealing twat. Honestly I would love to know what the attendance numbers for the ark and the creation museum have been for this year. I am sure if self reported they would be largely inflated. Also good luck trying to remove a symbol of love and equality for a community, because it doesn't fit into an isolated narrative you're comfortable promoting. A narrative which includes mass destruction and was as someone else pointed out the symbols purpose makes the all powerful God seem forgetful if a reminder is needed.

I just don't understand why fundies give money to this...? Even if you're a creationist, surely you look at this guy and think "he could have clothed and fed a lot of poor people with the money it cost to build this, what a waste!"...also isn't this idolatry? :dontgetit:

14 minutes ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Even if you're a creationist, surely you look at this guy and think "he could have clothed and fed a lot of poor people with the money it cost to build this, what a waste!"

Sadly, though,  that money might well go to help someone who isn't steeped in their exact, AKA the correct, flavor of Christianity. The money might go to help someone who is divorced, or who supports education for all, or who showed their knees or clavicle one too many times. It might go to support someone who*gasp*dated before holy matrimony. Nope, those sinners can damn well sink, they won't be swimming in Ken's Godly pool of ' heaven-sent' cash. 

How much better it is to spend the money on an ostentatious display of hate in the name of Jesus! That's what the Prince of Peace would totally want, right?!    :my_angel:

<sarcasm, of course!>

Those lights look hideous, making the ark look even more hideous than it already is and the money could have been put to better use elsewhere, as others have already mentioned.

Christianity doesn't have full rights to the rainbow and its colours. But I'm a generous person - as a proud member or the LGBTQ+ community I'm happy to share the rainbow with others. I'm sure God (if one exists) would have wanted it that way.

On 12/26/2016 at 5:29 AM, smittykins said:

Plus, I thought the rainbow was God's promise that He would never again destroy the earth?

By a flood, specifically.

Archived