IGNORED

Lori Alexander 13: Transformed and Still Judgey

choralcrusader8613

20 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

"He's accountable to God, not me". LOL, yeah duh. Then why does it matter so much the yoga pants and what women wear! Who men look at and how they look at women is not something women can control. 

Men are accountable to God. Women are accountable to Lori.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me get this straight. Ken is a sexy beast that has desires for anything with a skirt (or in pants, but with a vajayjay); and since he i accountable to "god", Lori is screwed. But Lori, in all her glorious wisdom, takes it because after all, she doesn't like sex at all? Hmmmm.... I remember a friend of mine who didn't like doing it with her husband.... she is now perfectly happy and hitting the sack with her new lovely wife. Maybe Lori would love a girlfriend. 

What's with the notebooks? Is the information somehow more godly if it comes from some cheap paper and a pen? 'Oh yeah, I'm totally going to take this seriously, this couple took the time to write down anecdotal information that kind of sorta ties in with biblical concepts so this must be the real deal!'

How about, I don't know, actually teaching Biblical studies (Lori) or maybe living as Christians should (Lori) (Ken) instead of choosing to tear down others, including your own family?

But then I'm thinking this must be too much work for them: 'The leopard can't change his shorts'.

I know this is their anniversary but it just seems like they are putting a lot of effort into this happy marriage thing. First there was the very awkward kissing photo; then the notebook thing from Ken, which I am sure Lori requested.  They seem to be trying extra hard to convince us they have a lovely marriage. I know they have put on this charade for years but today feels like an orchestrated campaign.  

In all the doodles and blog posts, does either of them actually even say they love the other??  I'll have to check as soon as Facebook unfreeezes for me.  

7 minutes ago, purjolok84 said:

What's with the notebooks? Is the information somehow more godly if it comes from some cheap paper and a pen? 'Oh yeah, I'm totally going to take this seriously, this couple took the time to write down anecdotal information that kind of sorta ties in with biblical concepts so this must be the real deal!'

lori.jpg

9 hours ago, kpmom said:

I'm sure Ken will be happy to hear he can do as he pleases with his own junk. :pb_lol: 

I'm sure he's been doing that for quite some time, lol.

Lesson for today -- godly women send gifts to their mentors. Talk about sucking up to teacher. Then of course because Lori is so modest she shows off this letter that gushes about her. Why isn't it enough to get something like that and take joy, but rather it has to be paraded around as "look at me, look at me, look how great a mentor I am"!

Does it bother other people the way it does me that many of Lori's fangirls (today's letter writer included) cannot spell and have no grasp of simple grammar and sentence structure?

English major here and former journalist, but it just drives me up the wall.  

Today's letter for example:  the writer has "scares" from her parents' divorce, describes a church as easy "believism".  She had "naivety" at one point, and says her boyfriend had an "adulteress" heart.  Um ....... I'm pretty sure she meant adulterous -- but maybe not. Also at one point she was "discourage".

She, of course, limits her time on the internet, except for reading Lori's godly blog.  And yes, now that you ask, she does homeschool her 5 children.

Seriously -- do fundies intend on purpose to raise a generation of badly educated children who will one day be badly educated adults in charge of running things?

56 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lesson for today -- godly women send gifts to their mentors. Talk about sucking up to teacher. Then of course because Lori is so modest she shows off this letter that gushes about her. Why isn't it enough to get something like that and take joy, but rather it has to be paraded around as "look at me, look at me, look how great a mentor I am"!

She showed off a deeply personal letter from her own son, so this doesn't surprise me. Lori has no concept of privacy.

See: 10 minutes and lube

40 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Does it bother other people the way it does me that many of Lori's fangirls (today's letter writer included) cannot spell and have no grasp of simple grammar and sentence structure?

English major here and former journalist, but it just drives me up the wall.  

Today's letter for example:  the writer has "scares" from her parents' divorce, describes a church as easy "believism".  She had "naivety" at one point, and says her boyfriend had an "adulteress" heart.  Um ....... I'm pretty sure she meant adulterous -- but maybe not. Also at one point she was "discourage".

She, of course, limits her time on the internet, except for reading Lori's godly blog.  And yes, now that you ask, she does homeschool her 5 children.

Seriously -- do fundies intend on purpose to raise a generation of badly educated children who will one day be badly educated adults in charge of running things?

"Easy believism" is kind of a catchphrase that means ... all you have to do is say the sinner's prayer, and it's like a magic wand that waves away all sin regardless of whether or not you actually believe anything.

As for the rest, I will say that it doesn't surprise me that they rarely sound educated. Well-educated women might pop in to read Lori's blog, but they're not actually going to stick around for "always learning" purposes because she's so clearly ignorant herself. 

What's sad is many of the grammatical errors are basic, grade school skills. One does not need a college degree to know how to spell "scars".  

Of course, my all time pet peeve is "anyways".  

And these people homeschool their children!  I'm not against homeschooling, but I would never be arrogant enough to think I was qualified to teach upper level math or science. I have an evil Master's degree in Elementary Ed. and still would never touch those subjects.

Well, anyways, I defiantly think their are a big amount of homeschooling moms that are learning they're kids bad.  I guess, though, that teh Lord must of layed it on there hearts not too loose site if there believes.  Irregardless of you're feelings, anyways.

1 minute ago, Fascinated said:

Well, anyways, I defiantly think their are a big amount of homeschooling moms that are learning they're kids bad.  I guess, though, that teh Lord must of layed it on there hearts not too loose site if there believes.  Irregardless of you're feelings, anyways.

:aaarggh: !  (and really well done, @Fascinated!)

4 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Plus they use to only follow the Bible but now they no they should of followed Lori all along. Even if there babys are only one years old, they should of ben spanking it for months all ready. 

*My eye is twitching*

1 minute ago, usmcmom said:

Plus they use to only follow the Bible but now they no they should of followed Lori all along. Even if there babys are only one years-old, they should of ben spanking it for months all ready. 

*My eye is twitching*

ftfy

Spelling is not my strong suit (thank god for spell check). And even though I have my master's degree, I question my grammar all the time. Usually I gloss over mistakes. When I taught (business classes) I told the students use spell and grammar check and I don't grade on spelling and/or grammar but if I notice issues, there will be points off in the "formatting" section of the grading.

With all that said, well done @usmcmom & @Fascinated you both made me twitchy when reading your posts!

Almost as if on cue, Lori has put a new doodle up where she says she "doesn't have a degree in Bible." :pb_lol:

58 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Thanks. I don't never no when to use that hifen thingee. 

Off-topic, but the other day, I saw someone say that semi-hyphens were never acceptable in proper writing.

I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out what the heck semi-hyphens were.

But now you know: no semi-hyphens.

7 minutes ago, polecat said:

Off-topic, but the other day, I saw someone say that semi-hyphens were never acceptable in proper writing.

I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out what the heck semi-hyphens were.

But now you know: no semi-hyphens.

I guess it's a TEENY TINY line which is smaller than a hyphen but not quite invisible. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it is. It's a half hyphen. :content:

Lori's most recent notebook doodle (complete with a heart instead of an "o"), tells readers that loving one's children means being home full time with them with a nanny holding them for hours a day while you rest.

A reader expressed concern with that sentiment, and after a typical brush off from Lori, eventually said:

I wish you all well but I don't belong here I guess

Lori:

If you want a transformed life and peace with God, Jessica, you belong here but you must have a soft and teachable heart for God's Truth because the world can't offer you anything even close to this.

I am sorry, but who the hell is Lori to imply that "a transformed life" and "peace with God" means you must believe her interpretation of the Bible (<---yes Lori, it's just your very simple interpretation) and you must have a soft and teachable heart to LORI'S truth?  How dare she presume to speak for God?  How dare she imply that peace with God is found in obedience to her?  

The only reason Lori has been able to give up bossing Ken around (in favor of taking not so subtle digs at him on her blog), is because she has appointed herself Boss of Women. She wants to control people.  Period.  

Seriously, this is not a smart person...why on earth do they listen to her?  She's had a miserable marriage, she has no qualifications, so why would anyone want her marital advice, much less pay for her book?

And something else- she's always implying that following her lifestyle suggestions leads to good health, but anyone who can read can see that she claims to have been sick with various ailments for the last 30 years.  Clearly, she's not the expert she thinks she is.

She might be a little easier to deal with if she was actually a nice person, but she's just an entitled control freak who doesn't have much success thinking.

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

I don't understand the difference myself but I keep seeing a lot on em-dashes (long hyphens) vs en-dashes and then a regular hyphen.

http://www.thepunctuationguide.com/em-dash.html

But none of those is a semi-hyphen. ;) Unless she was just making up new words willy-nilly.

Given the context, she might have meant a semicolon (something entirely different), but even so, there is indeed a time and a place for a semicolon. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived