IGNORED

Lori Alexander 13: Transformed and Still Judgey

choralcrusader8613

50 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I think it is very bizarre and downright rude for Lori to ask her chat room friends to list their husbands' bad habits. How is that different than the "husband bashing" that Lori claims goes on at ladies' Bible studies?  

I guess it's okay to ridicule your husband if you then put yourself on a pedestal by saying how godly you are as you handle is misdeeds. The more I think about it, the more offensive it seems. I have never once heard a woman tell a group "Hey let's sit here and talk about all the things our husbands do that drive us crazy."  When I was attending ladies' Bible classes, none of the women would have suggested that. If they had, the "older godly women" would have shut that down in a heartbeat. To think that Lori initiated this line of conversation is bizarre and shows her complete lack of respect for men. 

Whoa ... did she really? 

That's beyond weird. Why would they want to sit around and bash their husbands? 

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, polecat said:

When I was attending ladies' Bible classes, none of the women would have suggested that. If they had, the "older godly women" would have shut that down in a heartbeat.

at every women's bible study I've EVER attended, husbands don't even come up! IF I had an issue with my husband that I wanted advice on, I'd go to one of the women I know and talk to her IN PRIVATE about it. 

Lori is a gossipy bitch...and if she asked me to list my husband's bad habits, I'd tell her he only has one...putting up with me!

27 minutes ago, polecat said:

Whoa ... did she really? 

That's beyond weird. Why would they want to sit around and bash their husbands? 

It appears, based on her post, that it just turned into a bunch of women trying to out-Christian each other. "My husband does this terrible thing; but I just sweetly respond by...."

I am almost in tears over the responses to her environmental notebook doodle.

This is priceless.

Lori:

Have you ever flown across the US and seen all the land that sits empty, Daniel? This earth is nowhere near overpopulated. It is a myth from the pit of hell.

Overpopulation is a myth because Lori flew in a plane and saw lots of places we could put people!  :pb_lol: 

*side note*- Notice the readers name? It's Daniel.  She's teaching men again. ;)

Reader:

The Transformed Wife lol! ma'am overpopulation doesn't work like that, main problem with overpopulation is not the lack of space (absurd!), is the increasing expenditure of resources, our carbon footprint and pollution, go read some science!

And of course Earl is knee deep in the comments.  

9 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

It appears, based on her post, that it just turned into a bunch of women trying to out-Christian each other. "My husband does this terrible thing; but I just sweetly respond by...."

Yep, that's pretty much what Lori asked for.

I asked the chat room to give some examples of how their husbands upset them by failing to do something over and over again and how they handle it as godly, submissive wives.

Translation:

Tell me what a failure your husband is, and follow it up with a sentence or two about how godly you are.

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

I asked the chat room to give some examples of how their husbands upset them by failing to do something over and over again and how they handle it as godly, submissive wives.

Translation:

Tell me what a failure your husband is, and follow it up with a sentence or two about how godly you are.

Ummm...no. Just no. If it's an issue that we can't solve together, then it might be time to talk to someone. HOWEVER, I sure as hell wouldn't be just blabbing to blab to that harpy. 

What a bitch...

Just going to put this right here...

Lori (trying to teach a man who believes in overpopulation):

Have you ever flown across the US and seen all the land that sits empty, Daniel? This earth is nowhere near overpopulated. It is a myth from the pit of hell.

Lori (less than a month ago):

I am told to not teach men (1 Timothy 2:12). 

Lori:

I am not supposed to teach men anything 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I am almost in tears over the responses to her environmental notebook doodle.

This is priceless.

Lori:

Overpopulation is a myth because Lori flew in a plane and saw lots of places we could put people!  :pb_lol: 

*side note*- Notice the readers name? It's Daniel.  She's teaching men again. ;)

Reader:

And of course Earl is knee deep in the comments.  

Yep, that's pretty much what Lori asked for.

Translation:

Earl is bound and determined to hate women, no matter how godly they are. "Sure, lady, tell me how you smile when he leaves his socks on the floor. I'll bet you secretly don't like it. You suck."

I actually felt enormous pity for the gals in the chatroom room who were rushing to be glad that their husbands were inconsiderate. They are supposed to obey and be "joyfully available" without a murmur their entire lives. Their husbands, in contrast, were not even supposed to pick up their socks. "Loving your wife as christ loves the church", translated to modern-day living, sure doesn't mean much love at all.

Awwww.....   sweet Lori - thank you for the nice memory.    My husband passed several years ago unexpectedly.  One of his favorite things to do - weirdly enough - was get in bed at night, take off his socks and throw them at the ceiling fan to try and get one stuck on a blade and go round and round. We both laughed like fools.  Half the time in the morning, he picked them up, or plucked them off if he was lucky, half the time I did.  No biggie either way.  Do these people never giggle and have fun together?  Share stupid things only you understand?   Is every thing an Issue and a Deal and a Submission or an Authority?   Why can't you have fun?   God made platypuses - He has a sense of humor!!  Its okay!

4 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Do these people never giggle and have fun together?  Share stupid things only you understand?   Is every thing an Issue and a Deal and a Submission or an Authority?   Why can't you have fun?   God made platypuses - He has a sense of humor!!  Its okay!

Lori would DIE at my house...we have umm...fart contests. And burp contests. And tickle "fights". And snuggle times and "unplanned sex" and hold hands and kiss in the grocery store and finish each other's sentences....

I love my husband beyond reason...and I'm so glad he's still here for me to love and have fun with. 

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Just going to put this right here...

Lori (trying to teach a man who believes in overpopulation):

Lori (less than a month ago):

Lori:

I can't believe anyone is so uninformed as to misunderstand overpopulation the way Lori (and Michelle Duggar) does. "Gee, there's enough space to fit all the people. Shucks, that must mean there's no problem" 

Around the world people are dying or fighting wars about water rights and access to clean drinking water. In other countries, filthy air is killing people. That is my understanding of the overpopulation problem--not too many people for the land, but too many people for the resources.

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Lori would DIE at my house...we have umm...fart contests. And burp contests. And tickle "fights". And snuggle times and "unplanned sex" and hold hands and kiss in the grocery store and finish each other's sentences....

I love my husband beyond reason...and I'm so glad he's still here for me to love and have fun with. 

My husband would NEVER have a fart contest with me... because he knows he'd lose.

My feline headship takes the cake when it comes farts. His silent, deadly farts clear a room. I'm not even joking. Oh, that reminds me. Did the cat Lori tried to kick got revenge. I hope so. Cats NEVER forget.

43 minutes ago, lawfulevil said:

My husband would NEVER have a fart contest with me... because he knows he'd lose.

Between Mr. Polecat and the surfeit of male kits we have, once gas starts flying, I flee for my life and my sanity. 

One of my kits was so unholy at school once that his teacher had to open the windows to air out the room in the middle of winter. Thankfully, she did not know it was him (thank GOD). It was his proudest accomplishment to date. 

BUT. They close the toilet lids, so I've at least civilized them somewhat.

My kitty seems to be of the non-flatulent variety but she is royalty so I don't think they do that kind of stuff. 

My wonderful old dog used to wake herself up from a deep sleep with her own very loud farts. She'd jump up, look behind her and run out of the room. Then she'd come back, walk around the room and look at us as if to say "I took care of it. Calm down, people."  I miss that old girl. 

7 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Awwww.....   sweet Lori - thank you for the nice memory.    My husband passed several years ago unexpectedly.  One of his favorite things to do - weirdly enough - was get in bed at night, take off his socks and throw them at the ceiling fan to try and get one stuck on a blade and go round and round. We both laughed like fools.  Half the time in the morning, he picked them up, or plucked them off if he was lucky, half the time I did.  No biggie either way.  Do these people never giggle and have fun together?  Share stupid things only you understand?   Is every thing an Issue and a Deal and a Submission or an Authority?   Why can't you have fun?   God made platypuses - He has a sense of humor!!  Its okay!

Dear @SweetLaurel - so very, very sorry you lost your beloved husband. Your post made me think of something my wonderful mother (who passed 20 years ago) told me when I was a young bride. We'd been married for about 2 years and I was in a stupid snit over something petty my husband had done - not picking up his underwear, leaving the seat up, snoring...whatever. She looked at me and said: "Would you be happier to have him here beside you, with all his annoying little habits, or be without him and just have memories?". That hit me, hard, and changed the way I approached everything in our marriage. 

We're coming up on our 34th anniversary this year and I'm thankful for every day, every moment we have together. We still get goofy with each other, laugh a lot, share everything and enjoy our loving, (atheistic!!) partnership of marriage, no submission EVER, included. If these ridiculous biblical literalists would simply relax, mutually respect each other and HAVE FUN, their lives would be immeasurably better.

Y'all need to remember, my husband has no pancreas...his farts can peel paint, melt titanium, and could be used for chemical warfare. Our felines are not terribly flatulent (thank God!). 

We currently only have one bathroom. He usually has the grace to warn me when he's headed for a poop so I can do my business BEFORE he peels paint, melts fixtures and generally makes me gag. 

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Y'all need to remember, my husband has no pancreas...his farts can peel paint, melt titanium, and could be used for chemical warfare. Our felines are not terribly flatulent (thank God!). 

We currently only have one bathroom. He usually has the grace to warn me when he's headed for a poop so I can do my business BEFORE he peels paint, melts fixtures and generally makes me gag. 

I've got a great moneymaking idea... have him eat some raw brussels sprouts and then you guys can go around and extort people for protection money. "For $100 I won't crop-dust the $10 slot machines."

I finally watched Lori's videos on her love of natural cures. I really would like for her to stop saying that black salve cures skin cancer. I think that she means it cures (maybe hides) skin blemishes. My father has skin cancer, and it is no joke. No amount of black salve can cure skin cancer (or any cancer).

I don't mind a good fart, as long as it's not in the car with the windows rolled up.

Today's post begins with Lori saying that feminism equates the words "equal" and "same." Then she suspends her own reality to tell us that even secular articles tell us that women belong at home--extensively quoting an article written by a woman (professor) about another woman's research. She once again says that women don't need another reason to be upset with their husbands, completely ignoring the fact that when you ask people in your chat room to share the reasons they are upset with their husbands, you are the one causing them to focus on those frustrations, not feminism.

14 minutes ago, molecule said:

Today's post begins with Lori saying that feminism equates the words "equal" and "same." Then she suspends her own reality to tell us that even secular articles tell us that women belong at home--extensively quoting an article written by a woman (professor) about another woman's research. She once again says that women don't need another reason to be upset with their husbands, completely ignoring the fact that when you ask people in your chat room to share the reasons they are upset with their husbands, you are the one causing them to focus on those frustrations, not feminism.

Yeesh. I don't see feminists demanding that men and women be the same, just that they have equal rights under the law, get equal pay for their work, have the same opportunities, etc. This particularly gets my goat because I myself happen to be "traditionally" feminine--I wear a lot of skirts and dresses, have hobbies (sewing, cooking, etc.) that are considered to be feminine, and have a job that would fall into the realm of Lori-approved "women's work" since I'm a single woman. Nonetheless, I'm a feminist--I want equality between the genders--and I want my "feminine" work to be equally valued compared to traditionally masculine jobs. And I want a society where all women (and men, too, for that matter...) can pursue the careers and interests that matter to them--whether that's being a full-time mother or a nuclear engineer--regardless of their gender. Lori is the undisputed  queen of the straw man fallacy when it comes to feminism. 

Then there was this bit:

My mom never expected my dad to help her with any housework or her children since he worked so hard and knew that children and home were her duties as a keeper at home.

So Lori's dad just abdicated responsibility as a father?  

Lori, these weren't "her" children, they were "THEIR" children.

You know what though? I am going to give Lori's dad the benefit of the doubt.  He was a doctor, so he probably worked a lot.  Lori's mom stayed home, so she probably did more of the work with the children.  That doesn't mean it was a simple as Lori's fragile mind saw it.

I say that, because this is a man who brought Lori soup, massaged her feet, and read to her. Those don't strike me as the actions of a man who would think of the children he had with his wife as "her children".

I'll tell you who it does sound like, though- Ken.

It was Ken who found himself uninterested in his own babies:

...men bond much later with their babies because there is little to play with in the first few months, and nothing to play with in holding a screaming two month old.

Mom's still get the rush of Oxytocin that comes from nursing and holding, but men may not get this, unless perhaps they are skin to skin with the baby or playing around with the baby. Makes sense with boys/men being so activity driven.

A low libido in women can also come from her getting her happy feeling chemicals from the baby, so who needs sex. There was no comparison between sex and playing with any of my babies, who I loved dearly after the age of six months when they could play :).

It was Ken who traveled due to work (which I get, Lord knows Lori wasn't going to work), but when he was home,  he thought basketball was more sacred than helping his sick wife:

Was I selfish with my time at times? yep.

But Basketball and sex. They are/were pretty sacred to me

Where is my necessary outlet if it is not basketball?

I mean sure his wife was sick and he had 4 young kids, but what about KEN???

It was Ken who complained that his 4 growing children (who were regularly being fed a "Big Salad" for dinner) wanted the food that he had cooked:

Many nights Lori made her big salads which the kids loved, then they came running for daddy’s food that I cooked.

So yeah, maybe Lori got Ken and her dad confused...

15 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

My feline headship takes the cake when it comes farts. His silent, deadly farts clear a room. I'm not even joking. Oh, that reminds me. Did the cat Lori tried to kick got revenge. I hope so. Cats NEVER forget.

The cat DID get revenge!  Lori missed the cat and kicked the wall instead.  I believe she said she broke her toe!

I don't usually laugh at other people's pain, but in this case...:pb_lol:

25 minutes ago, kpmom said:

The cat DID get revenge!  Lori missed the cat and kicked the wall instead.  I believe she said she broke her toe!

I don't usually laugh at other people's pain, but in this case...:pb_lol:

I think it's perfectly natural to celebrate such a swift, appropriate dose of karma.  :pb_lol:

I know she missed. I'm just wondering if the cat did anything else. Lori deserved that broken toe. That's what you get when treat helpless animals that way.

23 hours ago, Koala said:

He used to teach wives to submit to their husbands. It has just been recently, however, that I heard a sermon by him that he called for mutual submission and it doesn’t mean wives had to obey their husbands. I was saddened by this.

Koala quoted Lori.

I heard that talk by John McArthur. It's really good and he does an excellent job explaining how it works. He still says that you need "authority" in the family and that the husband bears that authority, but he defines that authority as "loving and sacrificing". 

Of course Lori has a problem with that. She can't understand horizontal relationships. In her world, you're either in authority or submitting to authority.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

..men bond much later with their babies because there is little to play with in the first few months, and nothing to play with in holding a screaming two month old.

I should tell my husband. He bonded beautifully with all three of our children and would regularly fall asleep holding them and comforting them. I have photographic evidence! 

Diaper changing was a different story. He only wanted to do it when they could stand in the bathtub. He still changed diapers, mind, he took care of our newborn for many hours while I finished getting my driver's license (quite a project in European countries!)

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived