IGNORED

Lori Alexander 13: Transformed and Still Judgey

choralcrusader8613

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I think Ken actually panics when the idea of doing things for ones spouse comes up. He says it's all about Biblical submission but I think he is just lazy.

Yep. He is lazy as hell. As pointed out to him over and over, if he wouldn't give up basketball, no way he would actually give up his life for his wife. Ken and Lori have a miserable marriage. 

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@polecat I like the modest skater!

How about these modest ladies? Read below the pic, length of skirt was often ignored to allow for better fielding. Oh goodness look at those knees! :TRUCDEOUF: 

Screenshot_20170110-212639.png

"Phylla says:

January 10, 2017 at 2:02 pm

With all due respect, I see your blog used to have dozens of comments and now there are very few. I took the time to ask a question about which passage in Scripture to obey, and you said you won’t answer it, and in fact, say it is a “red herring.” Do you think there could be a connection?

In truth, most discussions of Scripture involving seeking God’s will, which is what I was trying to do with my question. The answer is not always clear when two verses seem to conflict."

Good for her. She stumped the ever wise mentor and that is why Lori won't respond. 

Lori doesn't have critical thinking skills. She can repeat the same things over and over, but that is about it. That is why she can't tolerate any sort of debate. 

30 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Good for her. She stumped the ever wise mentor and that is why Lori won't respond. 

Where is that?  I totally missed it.  

Awesome comment!

18 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

On this thread, the one where Tami comments:

https://thetransformedwife.com/given-over-to-the-heresy-of-feminism/

Thanks!  I see it now.  

I predict Lori will delete her comment and label her a troll, or totally ignore it.

I remember back when she first started the blog, someone questioned her on something or another.  Her reply was basically- "I can't believe you would question me on this" (not her exact words, but something to that effect).  You could tell she was genuinely stunned that anyone would have the gall to question her.

I think that's what being the family bully did for her.  Sure, she "always got her way" and people were afraid of her, but look at the outcome.  She has ZERO critical thinking skills.  She can't make a solid argument for her beliefs, so she deletes anyone who has a valid point.

She genuinely believes that if you disagree with her, you disagree with God.  It couldn't be that her interpretation is wrong!  That's crazy talk. After all, she speaks for the God of the Universe.

She is incapable of learning.  

Lori Alexander:

My thought process is the Word of God.

John 9:24-26New International Version (NIV)

24 A second time they summoned the man who had been blind. “Give glory to God by telling the truth,” they said. “We know this man is a sinner.”

25 He replied, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!”

26 Then they asked him, “What did he do to you? How did he open your eyes?”

The problem with Ken and Lori is that they do not have the humility to say "I don't know," as the man mentioned above did. 

I know of many Christian blogs where the comment section turns into a very interesting, yet respectful discussion, because the author allows people to question his/her interpretation and is willling to say "Interesting point. I had never thought of it that way."  Also, these authors don't screech "Stop talking about 'what if!'"  Ken and Lori cannot comprehend that the world is full of these "what if" situations. Because they have never seen them nor care about them, however, they refuse to discuss them. 

The one thing that continues to bother me most about her blog is how unkind she is to people. She really is a bully and I think even a bully for Jesus cannot be pleasing to God. 

"If You Disagree With Me, You Disagree With God!" is a post count title. It applies to so many fundie women we snark on. (I say women because it is mainly the moms who own the blogs.)

Lori used to be a big John MacArthur fan (she even quoted him yesterday).  Luckily for her, one of the men she is teaching warned her about him.

Jeff:

I use to read and listen to JM. Be very careful and pray for discernment concerning his teachings.

He says one thing and does another.

Please google MacArthur youth revival summer camp. You might be surprised.

His statement is similar to king Solomon. There is nothing new under the sun. JM supports mutual submission too

Mutual submission? NO!

Lori:

He used to teach wives to submit to their husbands. It has just been recently, however, that I heard a sermon by him that he called for mutual submission and it doesn’t mean wives had to obey their husbands. I was saddened by this.

Lori doesn't dare question her male readers.  Had a female reader made this suggestion, Lori would have deleted it or argued with her about having never seen John MacArthur say any such thing.

I have noticed a couple of things.  First, many of the teachers Lori used to love are now on her shit list.  As she becomes more extreme, it becomes more difficult for her to find teachers who line up with her warped ideas.  

Second, in that blog post, the only comments are by Lori and Jeff.  Her newer readers have names like "Dave", "Josh", "Earl", "Timothy" and "Ben" (I could list more).  

When is Lori going to accept that she is very much a teacher of men?  In fact, they are becoming her core audience, if comments are any indication.  

Finally, Lori seems to operate under the guise that if she hasn't seen it, it can't happen.

A couple of women have tried to explain to her that there are men who would be happy for their wives to teach/preach, but Lori is insistent that this can't be true.

Phylla

I can certainly imagine a man who notices his wife’s persuasiveness and talent for speaking, who encourages her to “preach” to others 

Lori:

I seriously doubt any man would intentionally ask his wife to teach in front of men without a lot of persuasion on the wife’s part.

Jilly:

Lori, I am sorry to say I know many wife’s whose husbands wanted them preaching and teaching both women and men side by side with them. I know wife’s who really didn’t want to at first but their husbands talked them over. Their husbands wanted them standing shoulder to shoulder with them. I have even been in churches that taught this. I think it is very different here in Oz – perhaps! I don’t know?
Jilly oxo

Lori:

I am sure the wives wanted to do this, Jilly. In all the years I have been mentoring women, not one has come to me by blog, email, or in person and said, “My husband is making me preach to men but I don’t want to. What should I do?”

This is like last week when a reader told Lori that many women wear long tops over yoga pants, and Lori stuck her nose in the air and declared that she'd never seen an woman do that.

Not one week later Lori was trying to make an argument for modesty during sports.  Her example?  She'd seen a woman running on the beach wearing...you guessed it, a long shirt and yoga pants.

Lori is very flexible with the "truth", or as she would say, "TRUTH!"

I was thinking about what @Free Jana Duggar wrote and why it bothered me so much. I know she probably didn't mean it to sound so bad, but I think one of the problems with the whole submission thing is that men stop being people. They  get crammed into a tiny box and anyone outside that box is considered a wuss or not a manly man. Men, just like women, can be abused. Men can be poor decision makers. Men can not like being leaders. And so, when people adopt this attitude that there is a mold men must fit into to be a "manly man", it hurts men and women. It isn't a good attitude. 

I think we tried to explain this to Ken, but he wasn't interested in anything outside his "I love sex and basketball" bubble.  Hopefully Free Jana Duggar will think about this. 

12 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori is very flexible with the "truth", or as she would say, "TRUTH!"

I think Lori has lied so much that she doesn't know the truth anymore. The truth is whatever is convenient for Lori. 

We used to attend a very conservative church that believed women should be silent and never preach or teach when men are present. At one point the elders decided to do a series of some kind (sorry I cannot remember the topic) and knew one of the best authorities on a topic would be a female professor from the nearby university. They approached her to speak on the matter and, as a way of addressing the "women must remain silent" issue, it was decided that her husband would stand behind her through the entirety of her "sermon."  I think they even told the congregation beforehand that the husband would do this and it was their way of signifying that this woman had the blessing of the leadership and her husband to be speaking. I don't recall that there was any criticism at all over this presentation. 

I wonder if that is the kind of situation Jilly is speaking about. I don't see how Lori can criticize it if all the godly men said it was okay. 

Prediction: within a year, Lori will be asking to speak to her congregation as Ken stands behind her to sanctify her speech. 

14 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

They  get crammed into a tiny box and anyone outside that box is considered a wuss or not a manly man. Men, just like women, can be abused. Men can be poor decision makers. Men can not like being leaders. And so, when people adopt this attitude that there is a mold men must fit into to be a "manly man", it hurts men and women.

It also helps normalize/excuse domestic abuse against men. Abused men often don't report or even talk about facing abuse from a female partner because of public perception or even their friends' attitudes. That can build into a very nasty/violent situation, much more serious than just considering a man to be a "wuss". 

I wonder if that is the kind of situation Jilly is speaking about. I don't see how Lori can criticize it if all the godly men said it was okay. 

I think Lori would say that such a man was never really Godly to start with then. OR he is one of those disobedient men. 

What jumps out in her post today is all these transformed wives and their stories of what their men fail to do largely focuses on socks! All their trivial complaints seem anal and control freakish. These women are all clones each other. 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I think Lori would say that such a man was never really Godly to start with then. OR he is one of those disobedient men. 

Or my favorite, "they've been breathing the feminist air too long".

I hope the next Lori thread is: 

Lori Alexander: Godly Teacher of Men 

So, now Lori wants names of the wives Jilly is talking about, so she can research them!!!

Jilly says:

January 11, 2017 at 9:37 am

Like I said, I think it may be an Australian thing, I know these women they where shy women and women that did not initiate it! But I promise you it has happened, I would not lie to you Lori.
Jilly oxo

Lori Alexander says:

January 11, 2017 at 10:06 am

That seems very strange to me, Jilly. Can you share some of their names so I can research them?

5 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

So, now Lori wants names of the wives Jilly is talking about, so she can research them!!!

Maybe she can get their phone numbers and call them too!

What's she going to do, call them at home like that lady who left her a negative Amazon review? 

She is beyond ridiculous.  She just can't fathom that she is wrong.

13 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

She's never heard of husband/wife co pastors? I call BS. This is actually fairly common in many areas, including Lori's isolated little world.

She probably thinks that this whole men thing is OK because, in her mind, she has set out to teach women. If a man happens to pick it up, that's ok, he just came across it. If it's on the interwebz she can't control her readership (much as she'd like to). Physically being present and preaching in a church is different to preaching over the Internet.

I think it is very bizarre and downright rude for Lori to ask her chat room friends to list their husbands' bad habits. How is that different than the "husband bashing" that Lori claims goes on at ladies' Bible studies?  

I guess it's okay to ridicule your husband if you then put yourself on a pedestal by saying how godly you are as you handle is misdeeds. The more I think about it, the more offensive it seems. I have never once heard a woman tell a group "Hey let's sit here and talk about all the things our husbands do that drive us crazy."  When I was attending ladies' Bible classes, none of the women would have suggested that. If they had, the "older godly women" would have shut that down in a heartbeat. To think that Lori initiated this line of conversation is bizarre and shows her complete lack of respect for men. 

6 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I think it is very bizarre and downright rude for Lori to ask her chat room friends to list their husbands' bad habits. How is that different than the "husband bashing" that Lori claims goes on at ladies' Bible studies?  

I guess it's okay to ridicule your husband if you then put yourself on a pedestal by saying how godly you are as you handle is misdeeds. The more I think about it, the more offensive it seems. I have never once heard a woman tell a group "Hey let's sit here and talk about all the things our husbands do that drive us crazy."  When I was attending ladies' Bible classes, none of the women would have suggested that. If they had, the "older godly women" would have shut that down in a heartbeat. To think that Lori initiated this line of conversation is bizarre and shows her complete lack of respect for men. 

Lori Alexander:

I have spoken to young women who attend bible studies and they do admit that there is a lot of husband bashing going on. This is never productive! If a woman is having problems within her marriage, she should be going to a godly, older woman for mentoring; not sharing it with a group of women. 

Lori attributes all her marital problems to not being a submissive wife, when the truth is that mere lack of submission was never the problem. The problem was an angry woman who demanded her husband's total submission on every petty issue you can think of and was verbally and mentally abusive when she didn't get it.  There's a whole lot of wiggle room between that and the blind, destructive form of servitude she recommends to her readers.  

(For example, giving your husband the silent treatment on your honeymoon (!!!!) because you are angry about his food choices is way beyond the scope of "not submitting." It's a tantrum, it's being a bully, it's mental abuse...and the answer is to grow up and knock it off. Get counseling if you need it. You don't have to become your husband's servant--God will be pleased if you just stop treating him like crap!)

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived