IGNORED

Attack in Berlin - at least 9 dead, 50 injured

JillyO

Fuck. The police are now saying they have "serious doubts" that the person they arrested last night is in fact the terrorist. Police are now calling for people to be particularly cautious as the real terrorist may still be on the run. This is a fucking nightmare.

Not for a while. It looks like we might headed forwards another world war civil wars.

The terrorist was killed this night near Milan. He was blocked during a police control, one officer was shot and got injured not gravely. 

Anis Amri, the Tunisian suspect believed to be behind Monday’s terror attack on a Christmas market in Berlin, has been shot and killed by police in Milan, the Italian interior minister has confirmed.

“The man killed was without a shadow of doubt Anis Amri,” said Marco Minniti, the interior minister.

Amri was stopped by two police officers in a routine check in the Sesto San Giovanni neighbourhood on the outskirts of the city and was asked for his documents, according to Minniti.

He reached into his backpack, pulled out a gun and a shootout ensued in which Amri was killed, Minniti said. One officer was also injured and recovering in hospital

While there were few other confirmed details of the shooting, there were multiple Italian reports that Amri was the first to shoot. A 36-year-old officer named Cristian Movio sustained a non-life threatening wound to his shoulder. Another officer, Luca Scatà, a 29-year-old who had been on the job for nine months, then shot and killed the suspected terrorist.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/23/anis-amri-berlin-attack-suspect-shot-dead-milan

It is my understanding that this happened this night at 3:00 am local hour.

No matter what - my condolences to Amri's family and friends. And my best wishes to the wounded Italian police officer.

10 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

No matter what - my condolences to Amri's family and friends. And my best wishes to the wounded Italian police officer.

I read an article that quoted his brother. His brother felt badly about the bombing and condemned Amri's actions.

Archived