IGNORED

Rogue One

47of74

I went and saw Rogue One this evening.  It was a good movie.  I have my Star Wars fix until next year when Episode VIII comes out (assuming we're not all gone because Emperor Trumpatine started World War III).

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw it today. We'd been planning to see it today since before Carrie's passing, because it was my daughter's only day off this week, but I felt very sad going in to the theater. Really enjoyed the movie, though. I was a little nervous about seeing some of the CGI'd characters from the 1977 original, but for the most part they were extremely well done. And that last moment, that last word...so poignant.  :my_cry:

I really liked it, though I thought it started a little slow. It was an interesting story. As I had read beforehand, it was very dark, but I was a little surprised how dark it was. I was shocked at the body count. And, yes, that last moment was very poignant.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, it did start off very slow. But overall was pretty fantastic (which is saying something, because I *really* don't like Felicity Jones). 

I saw it on New Year's Eve, and while I agree it started a bit slow, I really enjoyed it. As someone who grew up with the original trilogy, I admit to having a fangirl moment when Darth Vader appeared. Of course, seeing it a few days after Carrie Fisher died made that last moment even more poignant.

Archived