IGNORED

Whitney and Zach Bates- Part 2

samurai_sarah

12 hours ago, Dandruff said:

To the bolded:  Was this really a question?  Why say it at all?  I imagine they'd love her pretty much no matter what, but that doesn't mean they don't thoroughly disapprove and make sure she knows it.

yep. if they had no issue with any of the married kidults wearing pants, they would be permitted to do so in gil and kelly's home too.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On January 6, 2017 at 9:18 PM, actuallyjessica said:

Yeah it's pretty obvious that Kelly and/or Gil are not comfortable with females in pants. So I still stand by it's a pretty gutsy move to publicly wear pants if you were first introduced to said public as skirts-only.

d6cb3ba7c2240098682bed3605cfe3e2.png

Good for her!

Could Bradley be any cuter? Seriously

One thing we can say is at least Zach and Whitney are making their own decisions in regards to how the are going to conduct their relationship. I always wanted someone to ask Josh and Anna could you enlighten us as to a decision unique to your relationship and not basically a carbon copy of Jim Bob Duggars running of his family? This was before the Ashley Madison debacle, but still is something to think about.

However small it is, I do hope the pants on Alyssa and Whitney does at least annoy Kelly and Gil a bit. A tiny little thing grinding them... 

4 hours ago, elliha said:

However small it is, I do hope the pants on Alyssa and Whitney does at least annoy Kelly and Gil a bit. A tiny little thing grinding them... 

I'll bet they find it annoying. I think if they didn't care, they wouldn't insist/request that Whitney and Alyssa dress according to Bates standards when they visit. 

3 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I'll bet they find it annoying. I think if they didn't care, they wouldn't insist/request that Whitney and Alyssa dress according to Bates standards when they visit. 

I thought that they meant  "under my roof" as in still living at home, not visiting. 

I thought that they meant  "under my roof" as in still living at home, not visiting. 

That's what it usually means but no, every time Alyssa and Whitney are in the company of Gil and Kelly, even in Florida - Alyssa has only been seen in skirts or dresses. Above the knee, but skirts and dresses no less. I did see her in jeans once, but she had a tunic dress on over it.

Makes me wonder if Alyssa lived in TN whether or not she would have switched from dresses to pants in the first place. I think part of the reason she was in jeans so quick was that she was away from her family, so no chance of just running into them at the market or something.

Whitney... well, she married in so there's probably less expected of her. Not to mention she grew up wearing pants, so Gil and Kelly deep down knew there was a huge chance she would go back to wearing pants again.

It will be interesting in terms of dynamics whether Tori begins wearing pants. I see that happening before I could see Michael or even Erin wearing them.

The length of their skirts are getting shorter and without leggings. I think that's perfectly fine, like young women. But, the Bates don't do normal.

15 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

The length of their skirts are getting shorter and without leggings. I think that's perfectly fine, like young women. But, the Bates don't do normal.

Correction - they don't do normal unless they get something out of it. Like money from a reality show.

Nothing very special about this instagram from Whit - but the kids look pretty darn cute and Bradley  is so big already!  Time flies.  The bow is a litlle riddiculous for me -  but maybe it's a cultural/fashion thing, where I live they're not very popular on baby girls. I just hope Kaci is comfortable in it :)

tmp_32263-Screenshot_20170111-193437121262179.png

Even if she doesn't like the bow, she'll have to get used to it. It doesn't seem like it's really an option to not wear a bow at least some of the time. 

On 10.1.2017 at 10:58 AM, actuallyjessica said:

It will be interesting in terms of dynamics whether Tori begins wearing pants. I see that happening before I could see Michael or even Erin wearing them.

I can't imagine Erin or Michael wearing pants. At least not as a normal, everyday styling option. I'm not so sure about Tori. She seems a little more tomboyish than her married sisters so she might wear pants at some occasion. I can totally see Carlin wearing pants regularly.

On 10.01.2017 at 10:58 AM, actuallyjessica said:

That's what it usually means but no, every time Alyssa and Whitney are in the company of Gil and Kelly, even in Florida - Alyssa has only been seen in skirts or dresses. Above the knee, but skirts and dresses no less. I did see her in jeans once, but she had a tunic dress on over it.

This.

And here is what Whitney and Zach said in regards to wearing pants. Found on Lily and  Ellie leghumper blog.

http://www.batesfamilyblog.com/search?updated-max=2016-12-29T15:06:00-06:00&max-results=5&start=10&by-date=false

For those who have asked, Whitney and Zach say they have prayed about the standards and convictions they will hold for their family. Whitney does wear pants, but out of respect for the convictions that her in-laws have, she only wears skirts when she is around them or filming for the show. But she says she knows Gil and Kelly love her regardless of what she wears.

unquote

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

I can't imagine Erin or Michael wearing pants. At least not as a normal, everyday styling option. I'm not so sure about Tori. She seems a little more tomboyish than her married sisters so she might wear pants at some occasion. I can totally see Carlin wearing pants regularly.

I could see Erin wearing pants before I saw Michael wearing them. I wouldn't be super shocked if we see Erin in a pair of capris one day, especially if they keep putting Brooklyn in pants. Tori and Carlin seem a bit more daring when it comes to fashion, especially Carlin. I think she'll be Alyssa 2.0. She seems to visit her sister in Florida a fair bit, and I'd put money on it that she raids her sister's closet for pants.

I know people find the pants/no pants discussion trivial but I find it entertaining because it does tell of their dynamics to a degree. If it didn't - they'd all be in pants, wouldn't they?

21 hours ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Nothing very special about this instagram from Whit - but the kids look pretty darn cute and Bradley  is so big already!  Time flies.  The bow is a litlle riddiculous for me -  but maybe it's a cultural/fashion thing, where I live they're not very popular on baby girls. I just hope Kaci is comfortable in it :)

tmp_32263-Screenshot_20170111-193437121262179.png

I'm going to guess that Jud and Jeb are staying with Zach and Whitney while Gil and Kelly are in Australia.

If Tori and Bobby move to Florida, I can see her wearing pants and getting fashion advice from Alyssa. Because this can't be said enough, fashion choices do not mean a damn thing.

If Tori and Bobby move to Florida, I can see her wearing pants and getting fashion advice from Alyssa. Because this can't be said enough, fashion choices do not mean a damn thing.

It does kind of tell us a bit about their personality though.

Pants are officially
ob_020077_images-q-tbn-and9gcsig30tfbjrlclxc7uzg.jpg.f072edbd23a61fcefe44ded95d93903b.jpg

Until they do something interesting like get jobs or leave the cult, there isn't much else to discuss...

It's fine to let a topic rest.  If there is nothing new to say, then it can peacefully sleep.  I'm sure there will be a birthday party, new baby, new something along some day. 

6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'm going to guess that Jud and Jeb are staying with Zach and Whitney while Gil and Kelly are in Australia.

Yes, you might be right. Although it would mean a lot of work for Whitney. I don't know wether Jud and Jeb have the same lack of manners as some of the Duggar howlers showed in their age, but if that is the case she will have her hands really full.

Yes, you might be right. Although it would mean a lot of work for Whitney. I don't know wether Jud and Jeb have the same lack of manners as some of the Duggar howlers showed in their age, but if that is the case she will have her hands really full.

Good prep for her future quiver

9 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

It's fine to let a topic rest.  If there is nothing new to say, then it can peacefully sleep.  I'm sure there will be a birthday party, new baby, new something along some day. 

Lexie Mae is due in just two weeks (January 27), she could make her appearance any time now.

If people absolutely need something to talk about, we could start a pool on birthday/weight.

On January 10, 2017 at 4:58 AM, actuallyjessica said:

Makes me wonder if Alyssa lived in TN whether or not she would have switched from dresses to pants in the first place. I think part of the reason she was in jeans so quick was that she was away from her family, so no chance of just running into them at the market or

Alyssa wore pants on one episode when they were in Florida for Allie Janes birthday.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived