IGNORED

Whitney and Zach Bates- Part 2

samurai_sarah

16 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

She really did.  It was very creepy indeed.

It probably wasn't the funniest part of that ceremony though.  David conducting a hymn and practically smacking poor Priscilla on the nose (how that woman did not flinch I do not know) and the rose petal snow storm were much funnier.  David had the best time.  I'm not sure about Priscilla.

Who has screenshots??? 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Who has screenshots??? 

Best I can do:

Spoiler

IMG_2071.PNG

I didn't watch their wedding. So I can't confirm any details anyone mentioned. I can say, David kinda looked like a douchebag to me:

Spoiler

IMG_2069.PNG

A smug, smug douchebag.

If anyone has an hour to waste, Davy and Pris's wedding is on youtube.  Trigger warning:  Gothard's full speech is still there.

David is an odd, odd duck. And so is Priscilla, honestly. In that sense they're perfect for each other.

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Gothard was edited out of all airings of the wedding. We only know about his creepy speech because some of us watched the livestream (myself included).

I probably only watched the youtube I just posted.  I believe you that BG was edited out of all the TLC weddings.  I only remember the Waller wedding was shown on TLC because TWOp Howard threw a fit about people going off-topic and then had to apologize! 

Gothard was also at Josh and Anna's wedding, as well as Erin/Chad's (with the creepy birthday cake for him).

Hee!  Yes, the birthday cake that Kelly later tried to rebrand as a groom's cake.  Liar, liar, pants on fire, Kelly Jo.

Edited out of all of those weddings as well. I'm sure this was intentional on Gothard's part, ie. he refused to sign releases. Why? Because he KNEW how cultish his speeches would sound even to mainstream Christians. 

I would argue that it is far more likely that TLC edited him out because they did not want viewers to connect the Duggars with a cult.  BG would have loved the exposure.

Someday I will have to watch that wedding because it looks like pure gold! :) 

I only got about 15 mins in so far, gonna do this one is short sections. Don't think I could handle a full hour of crazy when I'm having a bad day. David is a funny one all right. I don't have my hearing aids in so can't make out Gothard's speech (maybe I am lucky with that in this case).

Just curious though, does Gothard usually make an appearance at these fundie weddings, or was it just because David works for him?

What a strange little man. (Though, compared to the other Keller husbands, i.e. the sex pest and the dad from The Poisonwood Bible, he's a dream date.)

Do we have any reason to believe that Gothard was invited to recent IBLP-kid weddings? I don't recall him giving one of the 3000 sermons at the Staddon-Neely nuptials last year...

5 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I know that Sarah Reith is engaged but did she have her wedding yet?

She hasn't changed the "engaged" header on her public Instagram (Sarahbethbanjo)

David almost slapping Priscilla in the face as he "conducted" is around the 29 minute mark. 

1 hour ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Just curious though, does Gothard usually make an appearance at these fundie weddings, or was it just because David works for him?

Gothard used to make appearances at Fundie Royalty weddings.  It was a coup to get him.

He is now persona non grata at IBLP weddings.  One day you are in; the next you are out. BG has been auffed.

Thanks for filling me in @Palimpsest Interesting to know he actually turned up at some of the weddings. I have seen pictures of him before, but never a video clip. He does have a creepy air about him ( maybe I am projecting everything I've heard/know about him). It was weird to see him pop up in the video clip, even though someone posted he had a speech in it.

10 hours ago, Fascinated said:

I had forgotten how unattractive and creepy looking that cake was.  Very fitting tribute indeed.

Is that a raven and some oreos on that cake?  Very weird things to put on a cake, IMO.  

@Palimpsest-thank you for the link!  That is an, uhm, interesting wedding.  I've never, ever seen a wedding where the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom dressed alike.  And I hope to never see that again.

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Someday I will have to watch that wedding because it looks like pure gold! :) 

Oh, you must see this.  Everything about that wedding makes me say, "What the fuck?"  Everything from the babies in the wagon going down the aisle (not sure what role they played, since they had flower girls and a ring bearer who were also there), to the weird bridal bouquets carried by the bridesmaids, to the shoe polish dye Gothard has in his hair, to the show tunes (I know they're not really show tunes; it just sounds that way because of the way in which the groom is singing) being belted out by the groom during the ceremony, to Priscilla's creepy Michelle Duggar-style voice; to the fact that the Duggars themselves were up there at the altar along with the parents-not sure why, since they're not parents of the bride or groom; to the vigorous prayers being prayed by the bride and groom-at one point, I'm pretty sure Priscilla is trying to go number 2 and/or pass a kidney stone based on her facial expressions....it is perhaps the most entertaining time you'll ever spend watching a wedding video.  

1 hour ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

.it is perhaps the most entertaining time you'll ever spend watching a wedding video.  

I would agree.  It is quite revolting in a very entertaining kind of way!  Pecan pulled out all the stops and Pris just can't help her facial expressions.

Mind you, although not as funny,  the worst ever Fundie wedding in my book was when Steve Maxwell preached about DEATH at his son's wedding.  I don't think we still have access to that video. :(

19 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I would agree.  It is quite revolting in a very entertaining kind of way!  Pecan pulled out all the stops and Pris just can't help her facial expressions.

Mind you, although not as funny,  the worst ever Fundie wedding in my book was when Steve Maxwell preached about DEATH at his son's wedding.  I don't think we still have access to that video. :(

Is it normal at a fundie wedding to preach to the audience and ask people to accept Jesus?  I couldn't believe they did that at Pecan and Priscilla's wedding.  It seemed so weird and awkward and just really inappropriate to me.  If I had been in that crowd, I'd have been unable to stop laughing.  Maybe I just don't know the right people, but I've never, ever seen anything like that.  

Just now, Hmmm_idolatry said:

Is it normal at a fundie wedding to preach to the audience and ask people to accept Jesus?

Mike Schadt, the preacher at Jessa and Ben's wedding, asked people to come to Christ at the end of his second sermon (?!) at the wedding.

10 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Mike Schadt, the preacher at Jessa and Ben's wedding, asked people to come to Christ at the end of his second sermon (?!) at the wedding.

2 sermons?!  Ugh.  And sadly, the wedding didn't get better from there; the guests were rewarded with ice cream in the parking lot.  At least at Catholic weddings, despite the long service, there are usually lots and lots of drinks to be had at the reception.  It almost makes up for the hour long mass, IMO.  

11 hours ago, Mela99 said:

My god. It's like he's vacuuming her face. 

When they get into the car, he Hoovers her face to a disgusting degree. I remember seeing it on TLC and wanting to barf. I've watched much of the YouTube video, because Priss and Pecan are so snarkable.

1 hour ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

You know what I really, really don't get about that? It's not like the Duggars/Seewalds would actually associate with any non-Christian heathens and invite them to their wedding. What's the point then?

33 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

You know what I really, really don't get about that? It's not like the Duggars/Seewalds would actually associate with any non-Christian heathens and invite them to their wedding. What's the point then?

They may have dirty, dirty relatives who aren't the right type of Christian. Or maybe it's code and they're really trying to trick any non-IBLPers into joining up. I'm imaging a giant butterfly jet being used to catch anyone who approaches the altar and then a keg of Kool-Aid being forced down their throats. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived