IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and Santa- Part 22

samurai_sarah

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to Jill's memory of Jubilee's eyes----

I did some digging around----it seems that some sites do say that eyes start to open around 18 weeks. (None of them mention eye color, which does change during infancy, so who's to say it doesn't in fetushood?) However, the most mainstream sources, such as Mayo Clinic, site around 26 weeks as the time the fetus blinks often. 

Interestingly, the sites that say Fetus opens his/her eyes around 18 weeks tend to be sponsored by pro-life organizations. Chances are, these are the resources that Jill uses. (Only exception I found was BBC UK---which does not have a pro-life agenda that I know of.)

Full disclosure: I didn't carefully research this and take notes and crunch statistics---I just took a casual tour of fetal development sites on the internet. If my observation that pro-life sites report earlier eye opening is true, that blows my mind. How is emphasizing early opening of eyes forwarding an agenda? Does anyone think that a woman is going to think to herself, "My fetus's eyes are fused shut----I may as well have an abortion." 

Regarding the Jubilee post, I know that Michelle has mentioned that when she was grieving the loss someone gave her a lifelike model of a baby that size at 18 weeks and that was very helpful to her. I can't remember where I had heard this. But for some reason I have always suspected that the picture of Jubilee's feet may not have actually have been Jubilee. I have no proof, just a weird hunch, but they didn't seem realistic to me. No judgment on the family, it makes complete sense and may actually be more respectful in that case. But just adding to the speculation that the family may exaggerate or have some falsehoods when it comes to remembering jubilee. 

To person who tweeted and Derick and got a reply (sorry, I can't quote from there to here I don't think) and he said that bad Christians should be led toward repentance

Who's gonna tell him about his bff ol Donnie T? Anyone? Why hasn't he tweeted at Donnie T for him to repent?

I cared for many.many micro preemies (23 weekers) and they all had fused eyes. I have never seen an 18 week fetus. I can not imagine "holding" such. The skin would just slough off.

I hate the Duggars think everyone is as unintelligent and uneducated as themselves.

Trigger warning.  My comments may be graphic or disturbing in regards to a fetal demise.

Are we sure that the pictures Jill posted were actually of Jubilee?  Those look like stock photos to me that I have seen elsewhere.  We know that Jubilee had died in utero and was likely dead for a few days before it was detected and I think Michelle didn't deliver her for a day or two after that.  A fetus that young will not be in good shape when it is delivered if it has expired a few days before delivery.  .  Their skin is very thin and sadly after a short time it will begin to slough as Sassy said above.   When I worked labor and delivery I saw several 2nd trimester demises.  People who have never worked in OB always think it must be the happiest place to work, but there is no shortage of sadness there.  I think I can remember every single mom that I worked with that lost a baby.  There is a special kind of sadness that comes with that.   There is a silence that comes into that room, and makes the air heavy. 

No snark on Michelle for her losses.  That episode when she found out the baby had died was very sad.  But I was disturbed by  what felt like exploitation when they had that big funeral service.  I just kept thinking that there sat Anna, who had a loss by then also,  as well as Kelly Bates and likely many other women in that room who had pregnancy losses.  .  And up front was Michelle with JB filming the whole spectacle and selling it to TLC. 

As to Jill, I have wondered if she  really was hearing the heartbeat as she said she was.  If you are not skilled with listening to Fetal heart beats you can easily mistake the maternal pulse or even pulsations through the placenta as the baby's heart rate.   Especially if she was using an older doppler as they can have a lot of artifact or static when you are using them. 

I still find it odd that fundies think that Catholics worship the Virgin Mary, she's up there being the mother of Jesus, but I wouldn't say we put her over Jesus. Nor do we worship Jesus wrong. Then again I don't think I would ever look at someone and tell them that the god that they follow is wrong and that they are going to hell. So I am not at all like Derick.

12 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

To person who tweeted and Derick and got a reply (sorry, I can't quote from there to here I don't think) and he said that bad Christians should be led toward repentance

Who's gonna tell him about his bff ol Donnie T? Anyone? Why hasn't he tweeted at Donnie T for him to repent?

It was me. So many things I wish I could have said but it was like 4 am while I was getting ready for work and  twitter doesn't allow enough characters for the words I wish I could have chosen to say 

WTH is up with Derick?  Staying at home does not agree with him.  His latest tweet: "I never got to meet my youngest sister-in-law, but I know she has my wife's foot. The Dillards will always be #prolife ...from womb to tomb"

His wife's foot?  Am I missing something here?

He's also crowing about Trumplethinskin saying "Merry Christmas."  Dog knows that "Happy Holidays" was way too secular for such godly folks.  How the hell did he survive in Nepal?  He must have been the most self-righteous prick there, even if he kept his judgmental thoughts to himself (which is a big assumption).

1 minute ago, amandaaries said:

His wife's foot?  Am I missing something here?

Like the "hands and feet of jesus?"  I dont know, maybe she was a part of Jill's body because she listened for the heartbeat daily?

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Like the "hands and feet of jesus?"  I dont know, maybe she was a part of Jill's body because she listened for the heartbeat daily?

But the pic has two hands!  Why not his "wife's hand"? So weird!  Guess I'm not godly enough to figure out this bit of bullshit. 

Is he just lashing out because he can't be a pretend missionary anymore? Since they're not apparently with SOS, did they not get enough donations from leg humpers to fully fund another trip somewhere to try to convert other Christians?

Dude is getting more twattier by the day. 

He's totally escalating.  If that was my husband I'd get him checked for a brain tumor or at least make sure his coolaid levels weren't toxic. I'd say he needs a vacation but come on we all know how that story goes.

The shameless way the Duggars and Duggars-in-law exploit Jubilee's death for attention drives me crazy.

It's absolutely natural to grieve the loss of a wanted pregnancy at any stage of development, but trotting her out as an anti-choice symbol whenever things are getting too dull doesn't treat her like she was a person, it treats her like just an object to be used for their own gain. Even her damn funeral eulogy was an attempted jab at pro-choice people rather than a sincere goodbye to a lost infant.

Derrick noting that Jill and Jubilee both have/had feet-shaped feet and then throwing up a political hashtag doesn't make me think he's a better person or a better Christian. It just makes it seem like to be blunt, Jubilee is worth more to them dead than alive, because a living child is just one more to add to the collection, but a dead baby can be a political tool for years to come.

I'm sure on some level the Duggars did and do love Jubilee (though I don't see how Derrick could, since he wasn't even involved yet when she died) but they certainly don't act like it. 

Im worried about derick, and by extension jill and israel. Like what the hell is he doing on social media? Hes acting weird as fuck and its giving me a genuinely worried feeling. 

Where are their handlers in this? Hes gone a bit off the approved rhetoric dont we think? 

39 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

Im worried about derick, and by extension jill and israel. Like what the hell is he doing on social media? Hes acting weird as fuck and its giving me a genuinely worried feeling. 

Where are their handlers in this? Hes gone a bit off the approved rhetoric dont we think? 

Agreed. His tweets are starting to sound more unhinged than usual.

If there wasn't an apparently vulnerable wife and a child involved, I would quite enjoy watching Derick escalate and go off the rails... 

19 hours ago, pooplexed said:

(None of them mention eye color, which does change during infancy, so who's to say it doesn't in fetushood?)

I know when my boys were born at 29 weeks, their eyes were not fused anymore but they were completely black. I remember trying to fill out their baby books and I couldn't do eye color because we had NO idea. By their due date, they both had gorgeous blue eyes!

Oh and I think Derrick mentioned the foot thing because the two photos of Jubilee that were posted were the hand one, and one of her foot.

Whether the Duggars have exploited Jubilee for their own agenda is up for interpretation, but that latest tweet from Derick is not. From what I recall, Michelle had a normal pregnancy with Jubilee up until the miscarriage occurred, right? So where is Derick's #prolife relevant in this situation? There was no one advising Michelle that she should terminate that pregnancy for any medical reason, and Michelle was unequivocal in her desire to have the child. Derick's tweet is as unnecessary as it was when they simply had  to stress that they were announcing Jill's pregnancy so early because "...knowing that every life begins at conception..."

It would be nice if Derick and his ilk could stop connecting every baby that ever existed, every pregnancy loss that ever occurred, and every fertilized egg that ever implanted itself in a uterine wall with #prolife.

When your comments make the Duggars seem normal and mainstream, something is wrong. I don't even get it. Their feet somehow look similar? I pretty much think most feet look similar. It's almost like he is actually mocking the Duggars. From womb to tomb?

Why didn't he just say he never got to meet her but he knows she was loved and wanted? 

I am on the something is up train. 

Derick needs to get off Twitter. They all should. His unhinged tweets remind me way too much of PEOTUS Orange's tweets. Before you know it, he'll be tweeting at two in the morning or yelling at SNL.

I really need to someone to give me a sufficient explanation for  the "my wife's foot" thing before it becomes my "if it weren't for my horse I wouldn't have spent that year in college." 

Jill and Jubilee have similar feet? That ridiculous, but anything is possible from Derrick. But why not use the word "feet" then? 

A typo? What other word was he going for? 

Some Biblical reference?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived