IGNORED

Whatever happened to XGay Greg and Dede?

CrazyLurkerLady

3 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

IIRC, didn't they take Dede's son from her first marriage out of state while on the road (before they moved) and without permission from her ex or something like that?

Yes they did. They were supposed to just have visitation within the state and instead they took him a couple of states away and ended up taking him grifting with them and ended up with a broken down car and one of the grandparents had to come and get them. It was insane.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Erma Gerd incident was the funniest thing to happen in FJ history. It still makes me laugh. I lost it when she started signing Comfortably Numb and asked to start taking calls.

I think the Erma Gerd incident was the funniest thing to happen in FJ history. It still makes me laugh. I lost it when she started signing Comfortably Numb and asked to start taking calls.

18 hours ago, CrazyLurkerLady said:

Yes they did. They were supposed to just have visitation within the state and instead they took him a couple of states away and ended up taking him grifting with them and ended up with a broken down car and one of the grandparents had to come and get them. It was insane.

Yep, that's it.   I knew there was a bit more to the story besides taking him out of state but couldn't remember. 

Wonder if Dede's ex got visitation / custody changed after that fiasco.  Hope he did, because that was complete irresponsible and crazy.

Maybe that's one reason why they are out in WA, meaning they got hit with a lot of consequences that it was impossible to carry on where they were so they headed out to where they could have a clean slate.   I suspect there's a lot behind their recent "radio silence".

These two were my favorite because no children were hurt in the making of the snark. DD's son was protected from the crazy and the eleventy month fetus had no intention of ever making an appearance.

Seriously one of the best things I've ever witnessed. From the pregnancy announcement to Greg's wardrobe consisting entirely of "I used to be gay" shirts to their radio and McDonald's antics....it was just seriously too good. 

And I am more than a little surprised they are still together!

Seriously one of the best things I've ever witnessed. From the pregnancy announcement to Greg's wardrobe consisting entirely of "I used to be gay" shirts to their radio and McDonald's antics....it was just seriously too good. 

Oh still hands down my favorite fundies. Epic weirdness is the best description.

I'm surprised they are together as well! I fully expected Greg to return to the gay lifestyle at some point, and IMHO it still isn't out of the cards. I guess Dede lets him oil her up enough to keep him happy for the time being.

The incident with Dede's son: her husband, who lived in FL with their son, had full custody and Dede had limited visitation. Part of the agreement was she got the son for a couple weeks in the summer, they could not leave the state with the child w/o permission from his father, and I believe Dede's parents had sort of supervision as well. First thing Xgay and Dede did was leave The state with the kid to stay with some random ass hosts who were fans of the radio show. Mind you all the while the Xgaymobile had no A/C, bald tires and it was middle of August in Virginia. During this time Xgay would put out posts about having no money to feed the poor kid to get love offerings, and I believe the Xgaymobile broke down at one point and sat in the hosts driveway for at least a few days.

Somehow, Dede's dad and Xhusband got wind of the game Xgay and Dede were playing, and basically forced them to hand over the kid early. Not long after that the crazy couple moved to Atlanta where she tried her hand at comedy. I think they even spent some time in Orlando living with a guy Dede had met on the comedy circuit and then dropped off the radar.

It's been years and I still need to write their bio out for the Fundie Family library.

Oh still hands down my favorite fundies. Epic weirdness is the best description.

I'm surprised they are together as well! I fully expected Greg to return to the gay lifestyle at some point, and IMHO it still isn't out of the cards. I guess Dede lets him oil her up enough to keep him happy for the time being.

The incident with Dede's son: her husband, who lived in FL with their son, had full custody and Dede had limited visitation. Part of the agreement was she got the son for a couple weeks in the summer, they could not leave the state with the child w/o permission from his father, and I believe Dede's parents had sort of supervision as well. First thing Xgay and Dede did was leave The state with the kid to stay with some random ass hosts who were fans of the radio show. Mind you all the while the Xgaymobile had no A/C, bald tires and it was middle of August in Virginia. During this time Xgay would put out posts about having no money to feed the poor kid to get love offerings, and I believe the Xgaymobile broke down at one point and sat in the hosts driveway for at least a few days.

Somehow, Dede's dad and Xhusband got wind of the game Xgay and Dede were playing, and basically forced them to hand over the kid early. Not long after that the crazy couple moved to Atlanta where she tried her hand at comedy. I think they even spent some time in Orlando living with a guy Dede had met on the comedy circuit and then dropped off the radar.

It's been years and I still need to write their bio out for the Fundie Family library.

On 12/14/2016 at 10:44 AM, Georgiana said:

They were DEFINITELY in a small, S WA coastal town. I remember looking it up and thinking, "Wow, this would be an AWESOME place to live if I didn't need like a job...", which as we all know is not an issue for XGay or the Deeds, so I imagine they are living it and loving it.  

AND the weather would be largely discouraging for Greg to hang out on the beach in scandalous clothing, trolling for sugar daddies as is his wont, so I imagine that works out well for them too.  

The weather outside may be frightful, especially this time of year, but the Long Beach Peninsula is Washington State's answer to Fire Island and Key West.

The weather outside may be frightful, especially this time of year, but the Long Beach Peninsula is Washington State's answer to Fire Island and Key West.

Maybe Greg can work back up to being the Best Gay At The Beach?

1 hour ago, Peas n carrots said:

Maybe Greg can work back up to being the Best Gay At The Beach?

I did note that Xgay still ended up not far from a beach and somehow I don't think it was coincidence.

I wonder if part of the reason Xgay stays with Dede is because he likely has paid very little into Social Security, and in a few years will be of retirement age with no pension. He was born in 1959, so that makes him 57 - he is going to pay for not being a Job-type person for so long.

It's a Christmas Miracle!

7b01da21936e5c9b980119c56a948680.jpg

5c7df16b217a90f71a990617fd65b32e.jpg

From Dede's cover photo, that appears to be a photo from the top of Astoria column. Her home still states Atlanta, but it's not clear if she was visiting WA/OR or relocated.

I think Erma Gerd may still be on Slate posting in the Dear Prudence columns. There is a person with the same screen name and same style!

This is just the kind of Christmas gift we all need right now. I'm glad the XGays are still together and no doubt doing something ridiculous.

the early x gay threads are possibly the funniest things I've ever read.  From the lung foal to erma gerd to the youtube videos.  It was absolutely amazing reading.  I could really use a magical reappearance of dede and her banjo right about now!

19 minutes ago, Howl said:

Someone please tell me about the lung foal. 

I was confused too. I had to go searching I found this:

20 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I was confused too. I had to go searching I found this:

Okay, like all things XGay, this was hilarious (not the pleurisy, that sounds awful!). Thanks for your searching skills.

the early x gay threads are possibly the funniest things I've ever read.  From the lung foal to erma gerd to the youtube videos.  It was absolutely amazing reading.  I could really use a magical reappearance of dede and her banjo right about now!

Earlier today I thought of the Xgaymobile and I started chuckling to myself.

I wish some of their radio shows were still up online. I would lose it when Greg would start speaking in tongues - Mmmshambalalala Mmmshambalalala. Some of his guests were equally nutty, and all had titles such as "Apostle So-And-So" or "Reverend Blahblahblah." Birds of a feather I suppose.

Does anyone remember why they drove circles around Atlanta all day? Was it to prevent an earthquake?

Earlier today I thought of the Xgaymobile and I started chuckling to myself.

I wish some of their radio shows were still up online. I would lose it when Greg would start speaking in tongues - Mmmshambalalala Mmmshambalalala. Some of his guests were equally nutty, and all had titles such as "Apostle So-And-So" or "Reverend Blahblahblah." Birds of a feather I suppose.

Does anyone remember why they drove circles around Atlanta all day? Was it to prevent an earthquake?

On 12/15/2016 at 4:08 PM, Mela99 said:

I don't suppose there's still a link to Erma Gerd show. I've only ever heard tale of it. I think XGG is going to be my next rabbit hole.

It's the perfect rabbit hole. A hilarious short story.

Archived