IGNORED

Whatever happened to XGay Greg and Dede?

CrazyLurkerLady

The saga of XGay Greg and Dede was one of the things that first began my lurkdom in FJ. I haven't heard anything from them in ages. Are they still running around in their Fundiemobile? Are they still denying that the magical extendable pregnancy ever happened? They were so fascinating!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to keep tabs on them - every other month or so I look them up. They have both disappeared. Last year I found a newspaper article that indicated they may have moved to Long Beach, WA area but I can't confirm if they visited or moved. At any rate the Xgaymobile was on its last legs and couldn't have made the journey - methinks someone likely sponsored them to come out to WA and live there until they could come up with a McDonald's Ministry 2.0.

In the meantime, XGG's younger son had a baby, and that is all I got for updates. I keep on hoping there will be another eleventy month pregnancy and a crazy ass radio show where Greg went into detail of his life as the Best Gay At The Beach ™.

I think I'll go sit on Santa's lap and request that my Xmas gift for being good this year be the return of Xgay Greg and Dede.

I don't remember exactly what event if Fundie Land originally brought me to FJ, but I do remember that X-Gay Greg kept me coming back. Man, they were a massive train wreck. 

Those were the good old days,when you could enjoy the antics of batshit crazy fundies and be secure in the knowledge that they weren't affecting national policy...

I was thinking about them just the other day.  Didn't Dede try her hand at being a comedian? Seems like she paired up with some other woman and started a FB page.  Has that been deleted?

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

I was thinking about them just the other day.  Didn't Dede try her hand at being a comedian? Seems like she paired up with some other woman and started a FB page.  Has that been deleted?

She did, but I can't remember what they called their group. Wasn't there a video of Dede's comedy act and she was a whole lot on the racist side? 

These two show that without kids, it is a hell of a lot harder to grift your way through various Christian groups. I've always wondered if Still Gay Greg will eventually go back to being openly gay since he never was a fan of working and being not-gay for God didn't make him any money. 

Well, it had to have been about a year ago at Christmastime that a pic surface of Dede and Ex-Gay singing in a choir.  Ex-Gay had to wear a red sweater without text to match all the other male singers; Dede looked normal as could be.  They were in the PNW at that time. 

The last I can remember was somewhere in Washington, like Long Beach.  I'm kind of surprised he's managed to keep himself quiet for so long considering his whole purpose was spreading the WORD about overcoming your sexual desires!  Perhaps he feels that he has achieved his goal and converted all the gays in Washington?

The adventures of xgay greg and dede is probably one of my favorite trips down the archives here.  

13 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

Those were the good old days,when you could enjoy the antics of batshit crazy fundies and be secure in the knowledge that they weren't affecting national policy...

What a great observation.  I need to embroider this somewhere.  :my_smile:

I remember the thread from last year.  They were spotted at a church up the road from Dismal Nitch, Washington.  Maybe they will reappear, like Santa. 

They were DEFINITELY in a small, S WA coastal town. I remember looking it up and thinking, "Wow, this would be an AWESOME place to live if I didn't need like a job...", which as we all know is not an issue for XGay or the Deeds, so I imagine they are living it and loving it.  

AND the weather would be largely discouraging for Greg to hang out on the beach in scandalous clothing, trolling for sugar daddies as is his wont, so I imagine that works out well for them too.  

I looked but didn't find them last Christmas (I live near where they were spotted). Will look again this year, but casually...I certainly won't stalk them. But I can drop by the Long Beach McDonald's for sure!

I, too, miss their adventures - I'm fascinated about how they're making money these days.... 

(And I'm laughing out loud, remembering Erma Gerd on the radio show!)

8 hours ago, Koala said:

She did try being a comedienne.  Problem was, she wasn't funny at all.

5 hours ago, Kleine Vampirin said:

Someone at work has a bad cough and I can't help but think of the lung foals ...

OMG, I totally forgot about the lung foals! I am laughing so hard I'm crying now!

Still Gay Greg showed up a few days ago on FB for about a day.   No clue as to where they are living but he deleted his account right quick!  Dede still has her FB account under "Deann Alaine".  She doesn't post much though and nothing interesting.

GREG_edited.jpg

3 hours ago, Granwych said:

She did try being a comedienne.  Problem was, she wasn't funny at all.

But she was THE QUEEN OF COMEDY, wasn't she?!?  

1 hour ago, keepercjr said:

Still Gay Greg showed up a few days ago on FB for about a day.   No clue as to where they are living but he deleted his account right quick!  Dede still has her FB account under "Deann Alaine".  She doesn't post much though and nothing interesting.

GREG_edited.jpg

I like how Greg's anniversary post thanks GOD and says he'd do it all over again for GOD.....but nothing about his wife.  Your marriage might be TOO Christ-centered, Greg.  

8 hours ago, Georgiana said:

But she was THE QUEEN OF COMEDY, wasn't she?!?  

I like how Greg's anniversary post thanks GOD and says he'd do it all over again for GOD.....but nothing about his wife.  Your marriage might be TOO Christ-centered, Greg.  

Well, Jesus WAS a man, so...

22 hours ago, Lurky said:

I, too, miss their adventures - I'm fascinated about how they're making money these days.... 

(And I'm laughing out loud, remembering Erma Gerd on the radio show!)

Ehrma-gerd! I had forgotten all about Erma Gerd! Thank you for the chortle. 

I don't suppose there's still a link to Erma Gerd show. I've only ever heard tale of it. I think XGG is going to be my next rabbit hole.

I miss reading about their McDonald's ministry, xgaymobile and OMG just everything about that trainwreck.

Wonder about their cross country move.  Maybe they finally figured out that their antics were catching up to them and maybe make a clean break.  IIRC, didn't they take Dede's son from her first marriage out of state while on the road (before they moved) and without permission from her ex or something like that?

It is sad that they finally have their first Christmas tree in their own place after six years though. 

Archived