IGNORED

Evangelist Street Preacher Yells at Kids in Santa Line (Merged)

Howl

Talk about a damn buzz kill.

From KVUE.com:  David Grisham Jr., of Last Frontier Evangelism, recorded a cell phone video at an Amarillo, Texas mall, telling children in line to see Santa Claus that the plump, jolly man in red, is a figment of their imagination—as are his reindeer, elves and workshop. Furthermore, he shouted to the line that the real meaning of Christmas is the birth of Jesus, and implored parents to stop lying to their children.

“We’re going to tell the children today, the truth—that there is no Santa Claus,” he said in the video before approaching the line of eagerly waiting children. “Christmas is about Jesus Christ. Jesus died on the cross for our sins. And Jesus was born in a manger 2,016 years ago.”

Unsuspecting children stood in line, waiting to tell Santa what they want for Christmas, when Grisham started his tirade.

Things start to get a little intense at the end of the video when he's confronted by several beefy guys who are telling him to shut up and leave.  I suspect things got even more intense after the video ends.  

Evangelical street preacher yells at kids in line at mall waiting to meet Santa. Tells them that their parents are lying to them. And Santa Claus is an idol, of course. 

"Santa Claus does not exist. The Christmas season is about Jesus."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/12/12/kids-there-is-no-santa-pastor-unloads-on-families-waiting-to-take-christmas-photos-at-a-mall/?tid=sm_fb

ETA: Oops, looks like two of us started a thread on this nut at the same time! Mods, please feel free to delete or merge mine! 

The irony.

Anyway. Sorry his bell just doesn't ring.   I still hear the bell.  So.....pbbbllllttt! :56247956ec304_32(15):

Also this twat is filming children and putting it on the internet.  Did he have the parents sign release forms giving him permission to use their likeness?  What a moron.

Derick Dullard just got in the "There is no Santa" act on Twitter. 

Asshole. 

He's getting labasted, but of course two leghumpers think he was hacked. 

Wow, I can't get over what a jerk this man is. As punishment, he deserves to sit through hours of crying little children and be required to calm them down and explain why he chose to do this to  them. It should be his problem to sort it all out, instead of overworked parents who took time out of their busy schedules to engage in a beloved Christmas tradition and now have to deal with kids who have just had their childhood beliefs shattered in an aggressive, highly public way. 

They'll know we're Christians by our love, huh? :?

11 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wow, I can't get over what a jerk this man is. As punishment, he deserves to sit through hours of crying little children and be required to calm them down and explain why he chose to do this to  them. It should be his problem to sort it all out, instead of overworked parents who took time out of their busy schedules to engage in a beloved Christmas tradition and now have to deal with kids who have just had their childhood beliefs shattered in an aggressive, highly public way. 

They'll know we're Christians by our love, huh? :?

I don't think he would be botherd one bit by crying children. In fact I bet he was disappointed that there wasn't a bigger scene made. He recorded himself doing this ffs. I hate he is getting the fame he wants.

9 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I don't think he would be botherd one bit by crying children. In fact I bet he was disappointed that there wasn't a bigger scene made. He recorded himself doing this ffs. I hate he is getting the fame he wants.

TBH, I would have paid good money to see Santa Claus deck his halls.

Just now, ViolaSebastian said:

TBH, I would have paid good money to see Santa Claus deck his halls.

I wonder how he would feel if someone approached his kids at a public place and indoctrinated them into 'the gay agenda'. 

10 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I wonder how he would feel if someone approached his kids at a public place and indoctrinated them into 'the gay agenda'. 

I always wonder how Christianist evangelicals would feel about Muslims trying to convert their children to Islam....  Their kids come home with Chick Tracts saying Satan is behind Christianity, there are creepy clowns at the State Fair trying to convert them etc.

Mind you, I have always promised myself that if I ever get sat on a 'plane next to an Evangelical, and they try to convert me, I'll convert them to the gay in return - should be fun, esp as my partner is ex-Fundy, so knows all the biblical stuff about homosexuality inside and out...

Yes, there are some anxious kid faces in that video, mostly because the guy comes across as crazy and he's shouting.  Fortunately, the parents can just tell the kids the guy is crazy as a tick, which was apparent to everyone. 

Some very religious members of my extended family have started their own family.  They have told their little kids from Day 1 that there is no Santa, which pissed off the grandparents. 

:angry-steamingears:The absolute nerve!  They were all much calmer than I would have been.  I live in the kind of place where there are a lot of religious people, but you'd never get away with nonsense like this.  Mall security would have literally carried him away, if angry parents hadn't gotten to him first.  

*rolls eyes*

What a miserable dick. The real reason for Christmas ISN'T Jesus's birth- Christians hijacked the Saturnalia. There is NO indication in the Bible as to what month Jesus was born in.

9 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Just saw this story. A terminally ill boy dies in Sant's arms. I must be pms-y cuz it made me cry.

http://wsvn.com/news/us-world/terminally-ill-child-dies-in-santas-arms/

This breaks my heart. :my_heart:

On a side note, that "preacher" douche must've gotten coal up his ass instead of candy in his stocking. No wonder why he's a miserable bastard.

25 minutes ago, Howl said:

Some very religious members of my extended family have started their own family.  They have told their little kids from Day 1 that there is no Santa, which pissed off the grandparents. 

We actually had that argument last night.  I'm Jewish, my baby will be raised Jewish, paternal grandparents are Christian.  There will be no Santa in my future and any attempts to talk to him about Santa will be met with reality.

I get that its a tradition, but theres something about bringing children to sit on a stranger's lap and tell him to give you presents that squicks me out.  I would never tell another person's child that - but for my kid, not gonna happen.

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

Derick Dullard just got in the "There is no Santa" act on Twitter. 

Asshole. 

He's getting labasted, but of course two leghumpers think he was hacked. 

As I posted over in the Dillards thread, I don't get why people are upset. It's a trollish tweet, sure, but why are people engaging him by paying attention to it? Who cares what he says about Santa on Twitter? This guy is being genuinely obnoxious and if Derick decides to follow his example I'd be annoyed at him too, but so fucking what if he says on Twitter that Santa isn't real? I'd think it was pretty silly too if people got upset at someone for tweeting "Jesus [or insert alternative deity of choice] doesn't exist."

Maybe I just don't get it. My parents never taught my siblings and me that Santa was real. They didn't think it was right to let your children believe something false (Yet we grew up believing the Bible was literally true... but that's another issue that I won't get into here :pb_lol:) so we knew from the beginning that it was just a story. My parents weren't anti-Santa and they would joke about waiting up for Santa or leaving cookies for him, but we were in on the joke and knew that the presents were coming from my parents and the cookies were going to my dad. They were also very careful though to make sure we didn't ruin Santa for the kids who did believe. I have plenty of issues with how I was raised, but I like the way my parents did Santa and would do things the same way if I had children.

So I just do not get the outrage over Derick's tweet, but again, the guy in the video is a different story. He really is being very obnoxious. You don't need to go yelling at kids that Santa isn't real, that's just being an asshole.

Too bad that one of the parents didn't start screaming "Grinch, it's the Grinch!" back at him, causing other adults and kids to also scream it at him - they would have run him out and caused him to fail at his "mission".  Could have been funny..  :grinch:

11 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Just saw this story. A terminally ill boy dies in Sant's arms. I must be pms-y cuz it made me cry.

http://wsvn.com/news/us-world/terminally-ill-child-dies-in-santas-arms/

I haven't been PMS-y in about ten years (why thank you, menopause!), but I was a mess by the time I finished watching this. 

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

*rolls eyes*

What a miserable dick. The real reason for Christmas ISN'T Jesus's birth- Christians hijacked the Saturnalia. There is NO indication in the Bible as to what month Jesus was born in.

Well, for a lot of Christians, me included, the real reason IS Jesus's birth, although most of us with any knowledge of history totally agree about the hijacking part. December 25 is just the date we celebrate it, thanks to that hijacking--when He was actually born isn't really that important.

Having said that, my kids still  firmly believed in Santa until they were around six or seven, and if anyone had done what this jerk did to those kids at that mall, I'd have behaved in a very un-Christlike manner towards him. :GRONDE:

Every time people start in one Jesus being "the reason for the season" I want to lecture them on the axial tilt of the Earth. The difference is that I recognize I'm being a sarcastic troll. 

@Buzzard I never bought my kids to see Santa at a mall or anything. They admire him from a distance. However in my town Santa rides around the entire town on top of a fire truck. He goes through every neighborhood sirens and all, the firemen will honk if you wave.

@Rachel333,  there was a sister FJite on the Dullard thread whose elementary age daughter saw the tweet about Santa not being real and burst into tears.  Never assume that a kid won't read a tweet!

2 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Rachel333,  there was a sister FJite on the Dullard thread whose elementary age daughter saw the tweet about Santa not being real and burst into tears.  Never assume that a kid won't read a tweet!

See, I just do not think it's Derick's fault if people let their kids read Twitter. It's like the people (like this woman featured on STFU parents) who get mad at other people for swearing on their own social media pages because kids might see it--what you let your kids read isn't anyone else's problem!

Archived