IGNORED

Geoff Botkin Harrumphs About Donald Trump and Political Correctness,

Marian the Librarian

Ooh boy howdy, Swanson is once again going after Disney. Even briefly spoke of Moana with it *dramatically spoken* see his sermon:Disney's war against God. 

"THOSE HORRID MAN-EATING PAGANS AND HOW THEY WERE 'GOOD' BUT OH NO MENTION OF THE AMAZING CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES WHO SAVED MOANA'S PEOPLE FROM KILLING HER GRANDMA" 

but, the big thing was about VidAngel who literally sensor things like blasphemy such as "Oh my Gods" in HTTYD 1&2 (if they bothered to be informed about the Viking culture yes they are blasphemous, but to their own Gods and Goddesses).

Did you know you can filter all the ice magic out of Frozen? I would be so damn confused as a child if I saw Anna fall to the ground and didnt see the blast hit her. 

Stupid filters aside, I can see Disney's point. They have their own streaming service, the biggest ROTFL is that filtering for Wolf of Wall street:dontgetit:, and Disney wants to keep all the profits. 

"That's Disney bitch"

but, I have some other things to add to your guys EVIL Disney list according to Swanson and Bill Jack:

Jack: "Bambi was a seminal movie about glorifying nature over man."

Swanson: "Disney censored Pocahontas was the first convert from Paganism to Christianity " (guess she and Moana can kill ALL the elders and eat them. Also funny how Swanson leaves out how they brought her to England and she DIED of an STI :my_dodgy: nope the only part should have been John Smith making her a Christian. )

Swanson:"Zootopia has a (implied) gay couple in it, the two antleopes that have *gasp* the same last name!!" Not like they could be brothers?? Nope just more evil santantic Disney.

Swanson: "Gravity falls, which is for 10-12 year olds has a gay couple on it on the channel" REALLY shows Swanson didn't do a lick of research here as he doesn't mention the REAL creepy part: Bill the pyramid.

Lil break from the Disney but these are evil too guys!

Arrivial (great movie), Trolls, Queen of Kateway.

Blah blah blah, God will strike someone Blaspheming with Lightening... which Idk about that apparently now he is Thor. Also envisioning King David watching Trolls is making me die of laughter. 

Ooh and the Lion King is Pagan and Rogue one needs to be boycotted for Egalitarianism and for women leading the rebelion.

*end of podcast* 

Whoo, wonder if Geoff can one up this insane babble.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually only buy cards that are completely secular and do not say "Merry Christmas". It is my own rebellion against all the whining about the imaginary "war on Christmas". 

In the event that I do buy cards that say "Merry Christmas" (which happens if those are the ones with rabbits on them), I make sure to get a different one for anyone who posts a complaint or meme about the "war on Christmas" on social media or says anything about it to me. You whine about that to me and I will wish you "Happy Holidays" for life. 

And I am a practicing Catholic, btw. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, maybe ol' Geoff ran out of bloviation fuel this year.

The annual holiday message from the Western Conservatory of the Arts and Sciences is only a family photo and a quote from Lamentations 3:22-24:

Botkins.jpg

Mr. T Rex arms is giving the camera some blue steel isn't he. The six guns he has strapped to his crotch must make him feel pretty confident!

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Well, maybe ol' Geoff ran out of bloviation fuel this year.

The annual holiday message from the Western Conservatory of the Arts and Sciences is only a family photo and a quote from Lamentations 3:22-24:

Botkins.jpg

That's IT???

To quote Kevin Kline in "A Fish Called Wanda" - dis ap POIN ted...

I was very disappointed they didn't bother telling us about all the nothing they did all year :(

Also I have no idea what Geoff is trying to say in his post about Trump.  What on earth is 'The Bully Pulpit'???

And what is the Washington Mall?

12 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

Also I have no idea what Geoff is trying to say in his post about Trump.  What on earth is 'The Bully Pulpit'???

I think he means this new plant, arisaema trumpeteer, common name Bully-in-the-pulpit. https://www.plantdelights.com/collections/arisaema/products/arisaema-trumpeteer

On 12/11/2016 at 4:28 PM, Childless said:

Do you know how I know people like Botkin and Swanson will never take over the country?  Because they waste time bitching about Disney movies instead of tackling important issues.  No one gives a flying fuck about cartoons.  They do care about unaffordable healthcare, illegal wars, the massive refugee problem, and loss of Constitutional rights.  These guys sound absolutely ridiculous griping about entertainment.

This reminds me of Dan Quayle getting his panties in a twist over Murphy Brown- a character in a tv show- deciding to become a single parent. 

Poor Dan Quayle. I wonder if he has learned the difference between tv and reality by now. I wonder if he has learned how to spell 'potato'. 

In the 80s and early 90s I had a part time job making hand painted rugs. I still have nightmares about that job but I digress...

We made one for DQ. I had to paint quails around the border. :)

From Geofffff's post:

They want to see Trump take this war to the enemy from the Bully Pulpit -- to see the-world-as-the-globalists-know-it to come to a crashing end. They want their nation back.

Teddy Roosevelt was the first to refer to the White House as a bully pulpit, "by which he meant a terrific platform from which to advocate an agenda.  In general, A bully pulpit is a conspicuous position that provides an opportunity to speak out and be listened to". (Wiki)

Here's a Teddy Roosevelt speech for ya: 

By focusing their efforts on the Washington Mall, they attack the very heart of nationalist sentiment.

The buildings that house the US House of Representatives and the Senate are located on the National (Washington) Mall.  Let's say that Geofffff is using the Western Conservatory for the Arts as a bully pulpit to call on elected representatives to further his agenda. 

Geofffff styles the Western Conservatory for the Arts as an advice column for far-right (now alt-right) political elites. 

He longs for a time when men were patriarchs, women, minorities, and LGBT people were afraid and daughters and wives stayed at home and people knew their place. And homeschooling.  And guns, lots of guns.  Then, the Western Conservatory -- and by extension, he, patriarchal penis holder Geofffff Botkin,  gets the recognition he so very richly deserves.  He's probably sitting by phone waiting for the call to come in that he has been offered a special position in the Trump administration -- patriarchy czar.  

In this post, Geoffff's fawning over a roster of extreme right/nationalist European political parties and leaders -- anti immigrant islamaphobes -- place him firmly in alt-right territory.   

Anyway, if you need more insight into the dark and scary place that is Geoff Botkin's brain, Libby Anne at Love, Joy and Feminism has a great article: The Cold, Unforgiving World of Geoffrey Botkin

6 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Another name for the National Mall, a national park in DC along which many of the national monuments and Smithsonian buldkings are arranged.

What the hell did I just read? 

Botkin and his Botkinettes have such an inflated sense of relevance; they think they matter and their rambling diatribes have relevance.

They're really just a bunch of blowhards with complexes who need others to make them feel special.

4 hours ago, Howl said:

The buildings that house the US House of Representatives and the Senate are located on the National (Washington) Mall.  

The House and Senate Chambers are both in the Capitol building which is not actually on/part of the National Mall. 

The National Mall is the large space between the Capitol building and the Washington Monument which includes a number of other memorials as well as open space where demonstrations/protests have often taken place during history. 

Info here from the National Park Service which administers the mall and memorials: 

https://www.nps.gov/nama/index.htm

What are your rules for candidates - what nixes someone from the running?
I need to write these out more fully, but I've got a few rules:

1. No genocidal maniacs
2. No liars
3. No one I wouldn't leave alone with my wife or children
4. No one that I wouldn't buy a used car from
5. No one who blasphemes or denies essential truths
6. No idiots
7. No adulterers/covenant breakers

Did I leave anything out, or does anyone think I'm being too strict?

David Botkin posted this on his FB a year ago. Clearly Mr. Trump has failed a few of these criteria. I think it's very interesting that David's rules are obviously more strict than his father's. I wonder if that changed over the course of the campaign, or if he still holds to these guidelines. I also wonder what happens to a Botkin child who disagrees with their father. I don't get the impression that there is a lot of space for independent opinions in that family since the whole purpose of children is building the patriarch's vision.

9 hours ago, louisa05 said:

The House and Senate Chambers are both in the Capitol building which is not actually on/part of the National Mall. 

The National Mall is the large space between the Capitol building and the Washington Monument which includes a number of other memorials as well as open space where demonstrations/protests have often taken place during history.

Thanks for that clarification.  I finally had to pull up a map to understand it clearly.  

Visiting_Capitol_Map_0.jpg

18 minutes ago, Columbia said:

David Botkin posted this on his FB a year ago. Clearly Mr. Trump has failed a few of these criteria.

Ironically, Obama passed everyone of those criteria with flying colors (IMHO), but you can be sure the Botkins consider him a denier of essential truths for his position on gay marriage. 

On 1/1/2017 at 9:51 PM, CyborgKin said:

I was very disappointed they didn't bother telling us about all the nothing they did all year :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bully_pulpit

The Washington Mall is the open space outside the White House, where the Washington Monument is. It's where large groups gather to exercise their First Amendment right to wave signs and shout about whatever political issue has got them excited. There's a big pro-life rally there every January, and many, many other rallies happen all the time. If you've ever read about a "march on Washington," I'm pretty sure this is the terminus of most, if not all, of those marches.

I haven't read Geoff's post, but it sounds very American. :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, halcionne said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bully_pulpit

The Washington Mall is the open space outside the White House, where the Washington Monument is. It's where large groups gather to exercise their First Amendment right to wave signs and shout about whatever political issue has got them excited. There's a big pro-life rally there every January, and many, many other rallies happen all the time. If you've ever read about a "march on Washington," I'm pretty sure this is the terminus of most, if not all, of those marches.

I haven't read Geoff's post, but it sounds very American. :pb_lol:

No, it is not outside the White House. See the post above where Howl has helpfully provided a visual map. The White House, you will notice does not appear on that map. It is several blocks away and google lists it as being 1.5 miles from the Mall (of course, that would depend on where on the Mall you head there from as the Mall is quite sizable--spanning about 2 miles). 

I feel like we should organize an FJ Field Trip to DC. 

Thanks for the many explanations!  I still wish Geoff would just clearly say what he meant rather that switch between multiple flowery synonyms for the presidency :P But I guess I'm not his intended audience, being a foreigner ;)

The politically-correct offensive of the media will have all the noise and malice needed to vanquish the Bully Pulpit. For the Left this will be the war to end all challenges to political correctness. They mean to hit Trump so hard he retreats, humiliated and silenced, into the safe room of fortress White House. Then they intend to pulverize every stone in the battlement, and sweep President Trump and his administration out of the political arena and into the dustbin of irrelevance.

In their counter-offensive against the Trump White House, the internationalists mean to regain all the lost ground of 2016 -- worldwide. And there is a lot of lost ground. By focusing their efforts on the Washington Mall, they attack the very heart of nationalist sentiment. An America thus embattled will prove to the West that populism is futile; that political correctness is self-righteous, morally superior, and must always win ideological war because opposition is innately evil, reactionary and, of course, uneducated.

Oh and I just noticed he references Wikileaks as a source!

And the quoted email doesn't actually mean what he claims it means.

Archived