IGNORED

Geoff Botkin Harrumphs About Donald Trump and Political Correctness,

Marian the Librarian

After many months of radio silence, Geoff has updated his westernconservatory.com page with an essay entitled "Trump's First and Most Critical War." It's all about defeating political correctness,

“Sorry, but we don’t use PC terminology or ideology any more. That’s over. America liberated itself from political correctness in the last election. We’re no longer enslaved to that false, artificial, self-righteous world. We don’t play those games any more. You had better get used to this very different world, because we are never going back to intellectual and moral irrationality.”

and returning to the good ol' days, when it's no longer

"...wrong for a male-identifying person to hold a door open for a female-identifying person because that would be an offensive and oppressive vestigial act belonging to the long-discarded culture once known as Western civilization…"

Amazingly, he neglects to factor in that pesky, pussy-grabbing misogyny that so imbued Trump's campaign...I wonder if Geoff would feel comfortable leaving his daughters alone in a room with our president-elect?

The mind simply boggles.

https://westernconservatory.com/articles/trumps-first-and-most-critical-war

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We're not enslaved to a false, artificial, self-righteous world," says the guy who actually literally thinks Frozen is part of a giant conspiracy to make everyone gay.

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

"We're not enslaved to a false, artificial, self-righteous world," says the guy who actually literally thinks Frozen is part of a giant conspiracy to make everyone gay.

I thought that was Swanson. 

They both hated it!! :pb_lol:

http://www.oxygen.com/very-real/right-wingers-says-frozen-is-dangerous-and-republican-presidential-candidates-are

In his talk, Botkin took Frozen to task, while men who are seriously attempting to make a run for President of The United States of America lent him their ears. Botkin had a real bone to pick with the adorable movie, using it to bolster the right-wing notice that society is collapsing. We’re not the first to make this pun, but it might be high time the GOP just learned to let it go. Here are Botkin’s wacky allegations against Frozen:

1. Frozen is proof that America is under Satan’s spell

2. “Let It Go” is analogous to Eve’s temptation in the Garden of Eden

3. “Let It Go” is “Satan’s rebellion anthem,” corrupting children

4. “Let It Go” has a “spirit of licentiousness”

5. The popularity of Frozen is evidence that people don’t follow the Bible properly

6. God “will chasten our nation,” meaning he will retaliate against the popularity of Frozen 

7. Bonus point: the organizer of the National Religious Liberties Conference, Kevin Swanson, has said in the past that Frozen turns little girls into lesbians.

Do you know how I know people like Botkin and Swanson will never take over the country?  Because they waste time bitching about Disney movies instead of tackling important issues.  No one gives a flying fuck about cartoons.  They do care about unaffordable healthcare, illegal wars, the massive refugee problem, and loss of Constitutional rights.  These guys sound absolutely ridiculous griping about entertainment.

I've never seen anyone say it's wrong for a guy to hold open a door for a gal. Of course, most people think guys can also hold doors open for other guys and gals can hold open for anyone as well. 

I've never seen anyone say it's wrong for a guy to hold open a door for a gal. Of course, most people think guys can also hold doors open for other guys and gals can hold open for anyone as well. 

I think it's just being called a polite human being.

As for G-bot, he is a pro at mental gymnastics. I'm sure it was an easy exercise on the pommel horse to conveniently forget about Drumpf's pussy grabbing.

4 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

:huh:

That is just mind-blowing that someone can be so.....is daft an appropriate adjective?  I just cannot believe that someone reads so much into a Disney movie. How does one live with an 'us vs. them' mentality like that?  Must be exhausting.

Yeah, the right is anti-political correctness but we can't say "Happy Holidays," we have to say "Merry Christmas," and we're not supposed to call people "white supremacists," we need to call them the "Alt Right..."

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Yeah, the right is anti-political correctness but we can't say "Happy Holidays," we have to say "Merry Christmas," and we're not supposed to call people "white supremacists," we need to call them the "Alt Right..."

I've said "happy holidays" for years, before it became a pc thing to do. I always just thought it included "the holidays" Christmas + new years eve...maybe even Thanksgiving if you start early enough. I never knew until the last few years it was actually an attack on Christianity.  (I'm a Christian)

Re: Frozen..wowza who has that much time! And I'm way too naive, I always miss all the hidden agendas in Disney cartoons.

10 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Amazingly, he neglects to factor in that pesky, pussy-grabbing misogyny that so imbued Trump's campaign...I wonder if Geoff would feel comfortable leaving his daughters alone in a room with our president-elect?

Considering how fundies treat guys like Gothard, yes, Geoff would feel totally comfortable leaving his daughters alone with Trump. 

Here's a moron who tried to impose "Merry Christmas" on his fellow citizens in the UK but it kinda backfired.

9 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Given that the retail holiday season starts around Halloween, I'm a big fan of "Happy Holidays." You should be obligated to wait until after Thanksgiving before you're allowed to say "Merry Christmas."

7 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Here's a moron who tried to impose "Merry Christmas" on his fellow citizens in the UK but it kinda backfired.

*laughing*  I love the people who replied to him - awesome!

15 hours ago, Terrie said:

Now you're making me laugh, thinking about a guy friend I had who got very, very upset that I'd hold doors open for him too, and wouldn't go through first.   He could at least admit it and say "hey, for a favour, please can you let me do that?" but it was absolutely bizarre!  Had a colleague at work who never said anything about it, but would rush for the door, rather than have it held for him by a lady.

I was brought up to hold doors for everyone/offer my seat on the bus/Tube/train to anyone who needed it more, etc, because I grew up in London, and it's a big bustling city, so all that stuff makes everything easy - but in all my life, wherever I've lived, I've never ever met women who've said they're offended by that sort of thing, but have definitely come across the guys who's masculinity is so fragile, it hurts them!

Anyway.  Whenever Political Correctness comes up, I always think of Neil Gaiman:

I was reading a book (about interjections, oddly enough) yesterday which included the phrase “In these days of political correctness…” talking about no longer making jokes that denigrated people for their culture or for the colour of their skin. And I thought, “That’s not actually anything to do with ‘political correctness’. That’s just treating other people with respect.”

Which made me oddly happy. I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase “politically correct” wherever we could with “treating other people with respect”, and it made me smile. 

You should try it. It’s peculiarly enlightening.

I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking “Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!”

"We're going to start saying Merry Christmas again," Trump said, noting that over the past number of years many department stores have kept their more secular decorations, like fake snow, red walls and bells, "but they don't have 'Merry Christmas'."

Trump, at a speech in Grand Rapids. 

So he'll start a war with China, but hey, that war on Christmas will be over!:pb_rollseyes:

15 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Is he wearing a frilly pirate shirt?

Maybe he's channeling his inner early Duran Duran/New Romantics fashion sense.

ps: The term "harrumphs" always makes me think of Blazing Saddles/History Of The World Part 1. ;) 

1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Trump, at a speech in Grand Rapids. 

So he'll start a war with China, but hey, that war on Christmas will be over!:pb_rollseyes:

Oh for the love of God!  Who the fuck cares about Christmas!   Hey Trump, how about spending more time creating healthcare policy, educational policy, and the like and less time bitching about how people choose to acknowledge the holiday season.  Jesus.  This guy is a joke.

Sorry, but we don’t use PC terminology or ideology any more. That’s over. America liberated itself from political correctness in the last election. We’re no longer enslaved to that false, artificial, self-righteous world. We don’t play those games any more.

Cool! That means we can call out Christianists on their bigotry and they can't claim persecution. We can call an asshole an asshole now, right? Geoff, you're an asshole.

"We're going to start saying Merry Christmas again," Trump said, noting that over the past number of years many department stores have kept their more secular decorations, like fake snow, red walls and bells, "but they don't have 'Merry Christmas'."

I can't wait to see what his organization sends out for Christmas cards. Fox News, for all their ranting about the war on Christmas, always sends out cards that say "Happy Holidays". I'm betting the Trumps' cards will say "Happy Holidays", too.

My take on opening and holding doors has always been that the person who reaches the door first opens it and holds it for the others in her group. I fail to see a problem.

27 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Cool! That means we can call out Christianists on their bigotry and they can't claim persecution. We can call an asshole an asshole now, right? Geoff, you're an asshole.

I can't wait to see what his organization sends out for Christmas cards. Fox News, for all their ranting about the war on Christmas, always sends out cards that say "Happy Holidays". I'm betting the Trumps' cards will say "Happy Holidays", too.

My take on opening and holding doors has always been that the person who reaches the door first opens it and holds it for the others in her group. I fail to see a problem.

The problem comes when I get to the door first, hold it open for the guy behind me, but it's so ingrained in him to hold the door that he insists on it so much that It becomes almost a necessity for me to enter first. Then we wind up doing an impromptu, very uncoordinated dance as we exchange places all the while trying to avoid swinging handbags, briefcases and lunchboxes while also trying to avoid having the now freely swinging door hit one or both of us in the ass. :happy-partydance::happy-partydance::pb_lol:

I will wish you Merry Christmas. When it's Christmas. Maybe few days earlier if I won't see you till January or so. 
For the rest of  the 28 days of December - Happy Holidays and please don't make me buy things. 
For the rest of the year - shut the fuck up, I don't want to hear about  this "war of Christmas" bullshit in June. 

4 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

The problem comes when I get to the door first, hold it open for the guy behind me, but it's so ingrained in him to hold the door that he insists on it so much that It becomes almost a necessity for me to enter first. Then we wind up doing an impromptu, very uncoordinated dance as we exchange places all the while trying to avoid swinging handbags, briefcases and lunchboxes while also trying to avoid having the now freely swinging door hit one or both of us in the ass. :happy-partydance::happy-partydance::pb_lol:

I often see guys reluctantly going through the door I'm holding, then rushing to get to the next door first so they can do the Right Thing. I read somewhere that holding the door is a dominance gesture, so I guess that's why having a woman hold the door can be upsetting.

16 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

Also, @Marian the Librarian, I had to come back here and commend you on the usage of "harrumph" because, for reasons I can't explain, that word makes me unusually happy.

So happy to oblige! :pb_lol:

Many (many) years ago, I heard a comedy album by Joan Rivers. In it, she said something to the effect that members of the British royal family all spoke as if they had mouths full of mashed potatoes, sounding something like "Faw, fa faw faw faw faw faw faw faw" in a nasally posh way. I imagine Geoff's lengthy bloviations all blending together in one long "Harrumph, harrumph, harrumph umph umph umph umph."

Archived