IGNORED

Raising Olives

longskirts

Saw this phrase again in the latest Raising Olives post: "training daughters to be joyful keepers at home".

I really, really miss the old Raising Olives posts that were fun stories about the kids, reviews of lots of different homeschool curricula, and craft ideas. Now it is all "ministry", all the time.

Saw this phrase again in the latest Raising Olives post: "training daughters to be joyful keepers at home".

I really, really miss the old Raising Olives posts that were fun stories about the kids, reviews of lots of different homeschool curricula, and craft ideas. Now it is all "ministry", all the time.

Totally agreed. I liked the old Raising Olives. By the way, did you see the schedule she posted the other day from when her children were really little? She had a 14 month old "babysitting" a newborn.

I hadn't seen that! She also had the 3-year-old "babysitting" for half an hour! Hard to believe...

You can't trust a 3 year old to "babysit"!

I remember when my oldest was 4 and my youngest was a newborn, I had put the newest down for a nap and jumped into the shower (it had been a few days, and I really needed one). I THOUGHT the oldest was watching TV and was fully occupied. But when I got out of the shower, I heard a lot of noise coming from the baby's room. It turns out my oldest daughter had gotten into the crib with the baby, and was trying to pass her over the top of the crib to the middle child who was 2.5 years old. "But Mom, she was crying" is the reason they gave me for doing this. Apparently they were going to carry her down the hall to my room for me. After that, for the baby's safety, she was locked in her room so her sisters couldn't love her to death.

My stepmother had a friend that allowed my stepmother's three-year-old to "babysit" her one-year-old while the friend (who was supposed to be watching both children) ran to the store or some nonesense. Needless to say my stepmother never had that friend watch her kids again.

Archived