IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen: Part 24- Duggars, Duvets and stuff

samurai_sarah

On 12/19/2016 at 10:22 PM, calimojo said:

Michelle and Boob fail as parents on just about every level except for dental care.  No, I take that back anyone sadistic pig who videos your kids having dental work or oral surgery and puts it on TV doesn't even get a pass from me for providing them with dental care. 

I absolutely agree; it was after watching a Duggar dental visit I began to question their family circus.

I still remember the look on Jill's face as she was about to be sedated when she and Jana had their wisdom teeth out. She was freaking, absolutely terrified of the needle and procedure. She reached out for her dad for comfort. She asked for comfort from a man who, a year or so in the future, would once again force his needle-phobic daughter into a traumatic situation--for filming purposes--by making her give blood after Josie's birth. 

She CLUNG to JB, and he actually had to shake her off. Afterward, he likened her grip to that of "a cat".  Jill was beyond being reasoned with, which made for some dramatic footage for TLC. When discussing her daughter's fear during a TH, Michelle was her usual cold self, and kind of chuckled at Jill's fright. I believe JB really was upset for Jill, but not enough to restore her dignity by removing the camera. If he can't care enough about a child he clearly favors, what chance do the others have of feeling respected as individuals instead of film fodder?

This episode was also when I lost some sympathy for Jana, because she kind of laughed at Jill and said something along the lines of, "It must have been very bad for her." The smirk on her face and snide laugh was anything but sympathetic. Sibling solidarity, thy name is not Duggar.

Jill is not a favorite of mine, but I think I can understand one reason why she is so clingy with Derick. Coming from a family where no one has anything much to their own name, very few private treasures, and no personal clothing, he is entirely hers.  

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, calimojo said:

There is a super short birthday greeting from Jordyn to Jinger that is even sadder.  I almost think we shouldn't discuss this, as we know that the duggar camp monitors this site at times. And we also know that in the Gothard cult unhappiness is a sin.  I would hate to think that poor little Jordyn would be punished or put through extra prayer closet time because her horrible parents have heard hear and elsewhere that she looks unhappy. 

And someone on pickles page posted something about the Log Cabin programs that IBLP runs.  They sound just awful and abusive.  I would hate to think that Jordyn or Jenny would be sent off to one of those kids of places to get the sads beaten out of them. 

This. There are still Duggars that I'm rooting for their freedom, but I refuse to post their names. I would be afraid that, if Jim Bob and Michelle know people on the outside like them, they'd work even harder to break their spirits. If you've seen early clips of 16 Kids and Counting (and the later incarnations as well), look at how Jinger completely lost her spark. I wouldn't want my support to contribute to the breaking of more Duggars.

On 12/18/2016 at 8:04 PM, WhyNotJulie said:

The beacon of hope in that video was how little Jordyn obviously cared about any of it. 

You go, Jordyn. Maybe there's hope for you yet.

EDIT: Actually, this just occurred to me - that video was posted BY the Duggars. They took that video, watched it, and were like "yes! this is a great portrayal of our loving family!". Like they saw Jordyn's face and actively decided to post that on the internet. Wow. Just wow.

Look in the mirror at the rest of the room. No one is even listening

I wish there was a clip online of the episode where the Duggar girls give blood because I never saw that one and now I'm curious. 

1 hour ago, anotherone said:

Look in the mirror at the rest of the room. No one is even listening

pretty sure that is an opening into another room, not a mirror....

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wish there was a clip online of the episode where the Duggar girls give blood because I never saw that one and now I'm curious. 

I believe the whole episode is on Youtube.  The episode is called Josie Duggar's First Hug. 

2 minutes ago, JMO said:

I believe the whole episode is on Youtube.  The episode is called Josie Duggar's First Hug. 

Not for free though, they want you to pay $1.99 for it. 

3 minutes ago, awkwardblackchick said:

Has anyone seen this or has it already been discussed?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4mAibuyKmo

That would seriously annoy me if I were there.  I'd probably go out of my way to look at whatever clothing they were standing in front of and ask them to move.  If you're going to disrupt a store I'm gonna need to to 1) know the words and 2)sing on key.

It looks like the Walmart employees are blocking people from getting too close.  Thats pretty strange.

Which J'child's hand is Joy holding onto?

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Which J'child's hand is Joy holding onto?

I think that's Mackynzie. The hair is dark brown, from what I can tell.

Just now, choralcrusader8613 said:

I think that's Mackynzie. The hair is dark brown, from what I can tell.

She's holding onto Joy for dear life.  I wonder if Joy has a new buddy!

20 hours ago, goldengrove said:

hahahahaha...all that is missing is the local newspaper, for proof of date ^_^

They can't do that because they fudge the timelines too much :giggle:

I'd be super pissed if they were doing that in a store where I was trying to shop. Nor would I allow such thing to happen if I were a store owner. 

1 hour ago, awkwardblackchick said:

Has anyone seen this or has it already been discussed?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4mAibuyKmo

This is all kinds of hideous.

First, aren't flash mobs usually supposed to be, I don't know, somewhat entertaining? Don't they usually present GOOD singing? Aren't they supposed to be on key, and have harmonies that are beautiful, not grating, to the ear?

Second, almost no one cared. Most people just went about their business and ignored them.

Third, these people have a lot of nerve singing only religious songs. What about people who are not Christian? Or who are secular Christians? Do we have to have Baby Jesus imposed on people whether they like it or not?

And fourth, the Duggars themselves are KNOWN for their wasteful consumption. To me there's something bitterly ironic about the idea that they are singing religious songs in a temple of commerce that they themselves--I'm sure--frequently patronize.

Ugh! I can't believe I'm going to sorta defend these people. 

It is not a flash mob, it's just caroling at Walmart. I don't think the CSMs are protecting them. That's where they hang out in my store too. As far as their song choices I honestly doubt they offended any of the shoppers.  They are in the Bible Belt and it is the norm because everyone thinks of those songs when they think Christmas in that area. You are going to find very few who would publicly say a word about those songs being sang in public. 

Ugh I was in Walmart recently and I was irritated enough about the people standing in the aisles, if I saw that I might have to totally lose my shit. 

I don't know which Wal-Mart that was, but at the Wal-Mart I usually went to when I lived in NWA (where I ran into the Duggars a few times) the store would sometimes have entertainment. Once it was an Elvis impersonator who looked like the older version of Elvis. He actually followed me through the store singing and when I reached my mom he leaned over and kissed her on the cheek, which really grossed her out because he was really sweaty.

It was during the annual Wal-Mart shareholder's meeting and there was a big group of Asian visitors in the store. Wal-Mart likes to pull out all the stops that time of year.

Anyway, compared to a sweaty Elvis impersonator singing over the loudspeaker and going around kissing people, the Duggars were probably fairly unobtrusive.

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Ugh I was in Walmart recently and I was irritated enough about the people standing in the aisles, if I saw that I might have to totally lose my shit. 

I'm kinda embarrassed to tell that the bell ringing by SA drives me bonkers. As soon as I start to hear it I become irritated and it makes me agitated. I seriously don't want to reach in my bag and give money. I just want to hiss HUSH as I walk by. I know, I'm awful.

On 12/20/2016 at 7:10 PM, Pasta said:

This is a scary thought. He's not a model sibling. Girls usually grow up idolizing their dad, if she's living with her brother, she'll idolize him and she deserves so much better. The lives of fundie girls make me sad. 

That's more than scary. :pb_eek: Josh is a card carrying pedophile, plus a bunch of other unsavory things that the entire world knows about...the glimpses I got of him during the recent wedding told me all I need to know...yes, he did Jesus jail, and all that stuff, not to mention being forgiven and all, but, imo, they still need to watch him at all times.

edited to say that I feel like Anna would do her dead level best to protect not only her babies but all the other kids as well, if she could, but she doesn't have much more power than the children...

we don't even know where they currently live, do we?  TTH would make the most sense, but what if they do have a separate place?  Anna can't be everywhere all the time.

Moving along to less creepy topics, are Jim Bob and Michelle concerned about Zika virus, parting company with the missioncationer tours, or why did they skip going to Central America this  year?

31 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

Josh is a card carrying pedophile, plus a bunch of other unsavory things that the entire world knows about

While this isn't rule-breaky, we have no proof that Josh is a pedophile. He is a child molester, but as far as we know, he's not attracted to children currently. I know a lot of people interchange the two terms, but they're pretty different in meaning. He's awful enough without thinking that. :brainbleach:

I'm also interested in the lack of a Central America trip. Could it be lack of funds, or something else?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived