IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen: Part 24- Duggars, Duvets and stuff

samurai_sarah

I felt curious and ended up watching the video and now I just feel sad. That poor little girl has no reaction whatsoever to being with her Jestator. She definitely looks checked out. :( 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/18/2016 at 3:41 PM, marmalade said:

Jordyn gets a family lunch (her parents can't even be bothered to take her out alone for quality time, as they seem to do with the others), and Mechelle upstages her by wearing a necklace of Christmas lights. Don't those go on heathen TREES, Mechelle? As for the video, Mechelle never deviates from script, does she? As for poor Jordyn, she looks absolutely thrilled. 

Interesting that she names Anna as one of the people that Jordyn helps.  That almost implies that Anna is either at the TTH or spending more time there than Jill/Jessa.

That video makes me think of when the bosses at my work have to come up with something to say about somebody celebrating a milestone...they have to ask around to find out things about them and half the time just end up making it up on the fly.

That was actually one of the coldest, depressing things I've ever seen from them.

10 minutes ago, MarcyMM said:

<snip>

That was actually one of the coldest, depressing things I've ever seen from them.

yes, I can't imagine what it is like for those kids when the cameras aren't there :(

I have to say that Michelle kissing Jordyn on the head and telling her "I love you" is the most genuine gesture I've ever seen her make towards any of her kids that aren't babies. It does seem real to me, so I hope it is. This is the same woman who told the same toddler Jordyn to "Go see Jana!" She's always struck me as never really being much of a parent. Hopefully these last few years of being in "another season" have made her step up to the plate.

Also at least Jordyn gets her OWN celebration and doesn't have to share with Josie this year, right? Please tell me they didn't give them a joint party again....

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Dillard thread but since it's more about everyone but Jill I will post it here:

the fact that they announced Jill's pregnancy today makes me think they have at least one other piece of family news up their sleeves. If they didn't have another pregnancy, courtship or engagement, they would have waited another month to announce Jill's pregnancy on the day of the season premiere and drum up ratings. The fact that they didn't wait suggests we'll hear something else that day, I think. Could be Joy's engagement, Jinger's first pregnancy or maybe another courtship. I'm leaning towards Jinger being pregnant.

18 minutes ago, DawkinsFanGirl said:

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Dillard thread but since it's more about everyone but Jill I will post it here:

the fact that they announced Jill's pregnancy today makes me think they have at least one other piece of family news up their sleeves. If they didn't have another pregnancy, courtship or engagement, they would have waited another month to announce Jill's pregnancy on the day of the season premiere and drum up ratings. The fact that they didn't wait suggests we'll hear something else that day, I think. Could be Joy's engagement, Jinger's first pregnancy or maybe another courtship. I'm leaning towards Jinger being pregnant.

Joy will get engaged christmas or new years.  They can control that.

They're likely holding out for an announcement on Jinger and encouraging them to DTD as much as possible to increase odds between now and the premiere.  If they fail to conceive before the premiere, she has until the finale or she will have failed in her sole purpose for existing in duggardom.

I agree, something else is up...I am also thinking Jinger might be pregnant, sure do hope she's feeling well if she is...

I had terrible morning sickness (and all day, too) for the first couple months, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. :my_sick: spent most of my time on the bathroom floor, had a whole pile of stuff in there, my cats thought it was great fun

19 hours ago, calimojo said:

I think M probably burned out after the first 6 and then she fell deep into the whole managing our homes thing and suddenly saw the light for how she could survive, and enlist the older ones to basically do most if not all of the heavy lifting. 

I totally agree.

6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Interesting that she names Anna as one of the people that Jordyn helps.  That almost implies that Anna is either at the TTH or spending more time there than Jill/Jessa.

Or that Jordyn is spending time at Anna's place...with her older brother.

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

Or that Jordyn is spending time at Anna's place...with her older brother.

This is a scary thought. He's not a model sibling. Girls usually grow up idolizing their dad, if she's living with her brother, she'll idolize him and she deserves so much better. The lives of fundie girls make me sad. 

20 hours ago, Buzzard said:

From her behavior on the show, Anna seems fairly hands on and emotionally invested in her kids. Perhaps this also transfers to her "special helper." Maybe Jordyn is more emotionally attached to Anna, and she's close enough in age to be "sibling-like" bonded with Mack. Anna only has 4 kids to give attention to(LOL) and probably really appreciates the help. I hope this little girl is getting love from someone. 

7 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

From her behavior on the show, Anna seems fairly hands on and emotionally invested in her kids. Perhaps this also transfers to her "special helper." Maybe Jordyn is more emotionally attached to Anna, and she's close enough in age to be "sibling-like" bonded with Mack. Anna only has 4 kids to give attention to(LOL) and probably really appreciates the help. I hope this little girl is getting love from someone. 

This! So much this! She looks so unhappy!

I remember from earlier years that Jordyn and Mack were especially close. This is probably one of the reasons that JGM hangs out with Anna and her kids. It's a 2-fer, a friend for Mack and an extra set of hands.

1 hour ago, BackseatMom said:

I finally figured it out - she looks like she's being held hostage by Michelle.

It wasn't a birthday greeting, it was a Proof of Life video!

Come heeere, Josie!  Momma's going to wish you a happy (voices in background)...OOPsie!  Where's Jordyn?  Jordyn, Momma's going to wish you a happy birthday so that everyone can see it!  Isn't that exciting?!  How old are you now? 

Jordyn, come back here.  I'M Momma.

Having seen the video of Michelle and JB happily congratulating Jillard on #2 the shitty video for Jordan and nothing for Josie look even worse. That's the most emotion we've seen from Michelle in a long time.

2 hours ago, JMO said:

Having seen the video of Michelle and JB happily congratulating Jillard on #2 the shitty video for Jordan and nothing for Josie look even worse. That's the most emotion we've seen from Michelle in a long time.

well, it's about a new baby, of course she's excited.

4 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

It wasn't a birthday greeting, it was a Proof of Life video!

hahahahaha...all that is missing is the local newspaper, for proof of date ^_^

In the new video of Bobblehead and MEEchele talking to Isreal  about the baby Isreal is more excited about getting a grilled cheese.    

7 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

This! So much this! She looks so unhappy!

I have always felt that Anna has a lot of love to give, especially for kids...I feel a little better about poor forgotten Jordan (and the rest), knowing she is around her a lot

Wow, the look on Jordyns face when Mee-chelle is talking is so revealing! The whole time, Jordyn looks like this emoticon here, basically: :pb_confused:

The whole video reminds me of how at the church my family went to growing up, it was a regular thing at the end of Sunday service to join hands for a song, and hug the people sitting next to/around you afterwords, which my sister and I just HATED as 7 and 9 year olds (respectively)! I'm sure our faces looked just like Jordyn's does in that video lots of Sundays when we were growing up. :pb_lol: 

But on the other hand...that poor kid. Mee-chelle is her biological mom, and she's acting fidgety and nervous around her, like she's the "creepy aunt from out of town who smothers you in wet slobbery kisses" you see on TV/in movies, instead of her mom :pb_sad:

There is a super short birthday greeting from Jordyn to Jinger that is even sadder.  I almost think we shouldn't discuss this, as we know that the duggar camp monitors this site at times. And we also know that in the Gothard cult unhappiness is a sin.  I would hate to think that poor little Jordyn would be punished or put through extra prayer closet time because her horrible parents have heard hear and elsewhere that she looks unhappy. 

And someone on pickles page posted something about the Log Cabin programs that IBLP runs.  They sound just awful and abusive.  I would hate to think that Jordyn or Jenny would be sent off to one of those kids of places to get the sads beaten out of them. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived