IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen: Part 24- Duggars, Duvets and stuff

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

The necklace Michelle chose to wear (Christmas lights, ffs?) made it impossible to give Jordyn a close hug.

#priorities

Plus Jordyn was the birthday girl...let her wear the flashy necklace. 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jordyn gets a family lunch (her parents can't even be bothered to take her out alone for quality time, as they seem to do with the others), and Mechelle upstages her by wearing a necklace of Christmas lights. Don't those go on heathen TREES, Mechelle? As for the video, Mechelle never deviates from script, does she? As for poor Jordyn, she looks absolutely thrilled. 

I just saw this. I THOUGHT I could not be more appalled by Jim-Boob and MEEE-chelle, but this video pushes my disgust for them out to new frontiers.

Whatever is going through Jordyn's mind, she clearly does NOT have any interest in standing in front of that crowd of a bajillion noisy relatives while her gestator raves about Jordyn's conformity to gender roles.

Jordyn expresses no connection whatsoever to her gestator. She never smiles. For almost the entire speech, she does not even look at MEEEEchelle. For all I can tell, she might not even be bothering to listen.

But I do wonder about the accuracy of MEEE-chelle's statements that Jordyn is always willing to jump in and help, and loves to carry little babies on her hip. I strongly suspect that Jordyn is given no choice whatsoever about helping and carrying babies. That is simply Jordyn's assigned role in life.

It makes me so angry that she is being pushed in that direction.

If I wanted to talk about my children's wonderful characteristics, I would talk about their interests, their accomplishments, their activities, their sports, what they like to learn .... I would NOT focus, as MEEEEchelle does, on how the  child acts as a servant for the family--probably because I did not raise my children to be servants.

I loathe J-B and MEEEchelle.

Isn't Jordyn kind of small to be carrying around babies on her hips? I have seen kids around her age carry a baby sibling, but only for short periods of time/to snuggle the baby before a parent took the baby away. And the parent does that because they know a child isn't big or strong enough to carry around a baby for an extended period of time. I saw this happen yesterday. At her age if Jordyn wants to hold a baby she should be sitting down on a couch with an adult around.

49 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Isn't Jordyn kind of small to be carrying around babies on her hips? I have seen kids around her age carry a baby sibling, but only for short periods of time/to snuggle the baby before a parent took the baby away. And the parent does that because they know a child isn't big or strong enough to carry around a baby for an extended period of time. I saw this happen yesterday. At her age if Jordyn wants to hold a baby she should be sitting down on a couch with an adult around.

Yes, this! I was carrying around my friend's baby today, and at 8 months and 17,5 pounds I can still feel it in my arms. I can't imagine an 8 year old carrying her around. 

Just finally watched the video. That child is checked out. I can imagine Jordyn hearing her mother's voice like Charlie Brown's teacher. 

I despise these people...I mean thoroughly despise these people. Who in their right minds would have THAT many kids? My bunch about drove me 'round the bend...there was a reason I quit after #3 bio kid...I didn't want no mo!

41 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Just finally watched the video. That child is checked out. I can imagine Jordyn hearing her mother's voice like Charlie Brown's teacher. 

I despise these people...I mean thoroughly despise these people. Who in their right minds would have THAT many kids? My bunch about drove me 'round the bend...there was a reason I quit after #3 bio kid...I didn't want no mo!

Obviously you aren't godly enough! honestly!!

(my two make me batty!)

Just now, karen77 said:

(my two make me batty!)

I raised 5 (3 bio, 2 step) my first "trip" thru motherhood...then we had custody of my granddaughters for 4 years. Enough is enough! I've reached the point where my two felines (who act like toddlers most of the time) are enough to get on what's left of my last nerve! 

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

(my two make me batty!)

I only had one that I carried to term, and she was plenty :my_confused: we are waaaay too much alike. 

She had her exposure to fundiedom when her father married a mormon, and got busy making one baby after another (not nearly as many as the Duggs, waaaay too many for me).  She made huge fun of them and their "holy underwear",  resented the strictness, told me much later that she did stuff like not wearing underwear to church, and sneaking out to drink with the missionaries (she was 16 or so then).  I was appalled at first, my immediate reaction due to fundie lite upbringing (my mother would be turning sod if she knew); but, then we both laughed really hard about it, it had happened more than a decade earlier after all, there was nothing else to do.  So, I finally understood why we were called and asked to drop everything and pick her up immediately (halfway across the state), with the perpetually pregnant stepmother shrieking in the background.  Secretly, I applaud my daughter a bit, I have to admit, but I'm sure glad I didn't know about it then.

I don't watch a lot if duggar stuff because FJ does such a good job if filtering the bullshit for me.   Thanx FJ!!  However, I did just watch this video.  Wow, was that depressing.  Of all the Duggar kids, it's those lost girls who really seem the most detached from thier parental units.  That family is going to see some rebellion in the next decade or so.   At least that's my prediction.  We shall see.....

That's a great story, Goldengrove. I admire the irony! Did someone find out she was commando? Is that why you have to go pick her up suddenly? 

14 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

That's a great story, Goldengrove. I admire the irony! Did someone find out she was commando? Is that why you have to go pick her up suddenly? 

Thanks :my_blush: I didn't know exactly why at the time, nobody said and I didn't ask her if someone found out when she told me about it all those years later (don't want to know that tbh)...they did have to wear longish skirts to church, so I sincerely hope not.

All they said was that my kid was not fulfilling her mission of helping the pregnant stepmother with the newest baby and other kids, and taking care of chores around the house (don't know why this surprised them, she got the pigpen gene from her dad), in addition to getting used to a new school, and being drug to church all the time...it just didn't work.

9 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

Plus Jordyn was the birthday girl...let her wear the flashy necklace. 

It's certainly much more age appropriate, even given Mechelle's maturity was arrested when she married Boob a month short of 18 and just out of high school.

8 still trumps 17/18 in this instance, for sure. I seriously doubt that those were given to Jordyn, and that poor girl willingly gave them to her egg donor to wear FOR A VIDEO.  

I am constantly baffled by these people. 

8 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

I just saw this. I THOUGHT I could not be more appalled by Jim-Boob and MEEE-chelle, but this video pushes my disgust for them out to new frontiers.

Whatever is going through Jordyn's mind, she clearly does NOT have any interest in standing in front of that crowd of a bajillion noisy relatives while her gestator raves about Jordyn's conformity to gender roles.

Jordyn expresses no connection whatsoever to her gestator. She never smiles. For almost the entire speech, she does not even look at MEEEEchelle. For all I can tell, she might not even be bothering to listen.

But I do wonder about the accuracy of MEEE-chelle's statements that Jordyn is always willing to jump in and help, and loves to carry little babies on her hip. I strongly suspect that Jordyn is given no choice whatsoever about helping and carrying babies. That is simply Jordyn's assigned role in life.

It makes me so angry that she is being pushed in that direction.

If I wanted to talk about my children's wonderful characteristics, I would talk about their interests, their accomplishments, their activities, their sports, what they like to learn .... I would NOT focus, as MEEEEchelle does, on how the  child acts as a servant for the family--probably because I did not raise my children to be servants.

I loathe J-B and MEEEchelle.

New nickname for MEEEchelle: The Jestator

8 hours ago, Analytica49 said:

This child is CLEARLY over listening to her mother drivel on.  She might as well have had ear buds in.

Jordyn doesn't even seem like she likes her parents. I'll never forget that episode where she got her head stuck in the staircase railings (I think that's what it was?) and Boob and the lot of them were all laughing, then when they unstuck her she immediately reached for Jessa instead of her parents who were trying to hold her. 

5 hours ago, Timetostoplurking said:

I don't watch a lot if duggar stuff because FJ does such a good job if filtering the bullshit for me.   Thanx FJ!!  However, I did just watch this video.  Wow, was that depressing.  Of all the Duggar kids, it's those lost girls who really seem the most detached from thier parental units.  That family is going to see some rebellion in the next decade or so.   At least that's my prediction.  We shall see.....

The entire video was just plain sad and weird. Jordyn acted like it was the weird substitute teacher calling on her to stand in for a small play part or something. She truly acted like she does not really know this woman. The lost girls are just as they are called, Michelle had to interact with the older girls initially because she was creating the dynamic of sister moms . Once she had that in place she did not really interact that much, it appears. How does someone even justify that behavior? I have to wonder if she is so comfortable doing that because she was a product of older parents and was basically raised (kinda) the same way, fed and clothed, but basically ignored.

The thing is every time we say that no one can effectively parent that many kids we are giving JB and M and out for their terrible parenting.  The truth is  not that many generations ago, large families were quite common.  My BIL is #14 in his family.  And when I was growing up I knew of several families that had 8-12 kids.  And no, they weren't part of some odd cult. 

The kids went to school, were involved in school activities, socialized, dated, etc.  No doubt they had their fair share of chores around the house, and probably did help with childcare of younger siblings, but the parents were actively parenting their own kids.  Now,  that being said,  parenting styles were different back then.  I don't think parents were as hung up on quality time, and making sure that little TIffany and Olivia had the best birthday parties in town, or were enrolled to the max in a lot of extracurricular stuff.  Many of these were farm kids, so they also helped around the farm.  My BIL is a city boy, and his house was small and cramped, but from my observations, everyone was close to the mom and dad. 

Michelle and JB could have been better parents, even with their supersized brood, if they had done many things differently.  First off, the homeschooling was probably not a good idea with that many kids with such a wide age span.  And, not doing a million public appearances and traveling for God and such all the time.  I am not saying that having 19 kids is a good idea, or that it is possible to really actively raise all 19, but I think there are some who would have done it much better than JB and M.  I think M probably burned out after the first 6 and then she fell deep into the whole managing our homes thing and suddenly saw the light for how she could survive, and enlist the older ones to basically do most if not all of the heavy lifting.  And, by the time they moved into that huge house, and had money rolling in from the show, books, and appearances, I don't think she even followed through on the gothardism parenting or the Manager of the home things anymore.  And she mistakenly assumed because her older daughters were compliant enough to help with the kids, that this meant they were emotionally equipped to do it, when they clearly were not. 

Michelle and Boob fail as parents on just about every level except for dental care.  No, I take that back anyone sadistic pig who videos your kids having dental work or oral surgery and puts it on TV doesn't even get a pass from me for providing them with dental care. 

Finally got to watch the video. Heartbreaking was my first thought. Jordyn shows no reaction to M at all except for one moment around 50 seconds in where she side-eyes her jestator like get the f**k away from me. And one thing that caught me was it looked like M had a death grip on Jordyn's arm. Jordyn looked to me like she wanted to move away but with the grip on her arm and M's arm behind her back, she was completely stuck. When M kisses her I got more "WTF" out of her expression than anything. 

We all say we'd love to take her and hug her, or show her what it's like to be a normal kid. That's instinct. But sleeping in a room alone, jeans, music? Talk about overload! And then the guilt she'd probably feel for enjoying any of that? My youngest is 8 and I couldn't imagine him reacting like that. I so hate the Duggars for the way these kids are.

You guys were not kidding about that video. That poor little girl. Not only does she clearly not want to be there, but no one else seems to be paying much attention to Moochelle's speech. How awful. I don't even like children but I want to take her and give her some love. :( 

10 hours ago, calimojo said:

The thing is every time we say that no one can effectively parent that many kids we are giving JB and M and out for their terrible parenting.  The truth is  not that many generations ago, large families were quite common.  My BIL is #14 in his family.  And when I was growing up I knew of several families that had 8-12 kids.  And no, they weren't part of some odd cult. 

The kids went to school, were involved in school activities, socialized, dated, etc.  No doubt they had their fair share of chores around the house, and probably did help with childcare of younger siblings, but the parents were actively parenting their own kids.  Now,  that being said,  parenting styles were different back then.  I don't think parents were as hung up on quality time, and making sure that little TIffany and Olivia had the best birthday parties in town, or were enrolled to the max in a lot of extracurricular stuff.  Many of these were farm kids, so they also helped around the farm.  My BIL is a city boy, and his house was small and cramped, but from my observations, everyone was close to the mom and dad. 

Michelle and JB could have been better parents, even with their supersized brood, if they had done many things differently.  First off, the homeschooling was probably not a good idea with that many kids with such a wide age span.  And, not doing a million public appearances and traveling for God and such all the time.  I am not saying that having 19 kids is a good idea, or that it is possible to really actively raise all 19, but I think there are some who would have done it much better than JB and M.  I think M probably burned out after the first 6 and then she fell deep into the whole managing our homes thing and suddenly saw the light for how she could survive, and enlist the older ones to basically do most if not all of the heavy lifting.  And, by the time they moved into that huge house, and had money rolling in from the show, books, and appearances, I don't think she even followed through on the gothardism parenting or the Manager of the home things anymore.  And she mistakenly assumed because her older daughters were compliant enough to help with the kids, that this meant they were emotionally equipped to do it, when they clearly were not. 

Michelle and Boob fail as parents on just about every level except for dental care.  No, I take that back anyone sadistic pig who videos your kids having dental work or oral surgery and puts it on TV doesn't even get a pass from me for providing them with dental care. 

Yess! So much of all of this.

Before the Duggars had a regular show, weren't there a series of TLC shows about large families? I think the Jeubs and other fundie families were shown on this series, but I remember an episode family that seemed pretty happy and normal. I don't remember who the family were, or if they were religious, but the kids seemed to have a variety of interests (I think one son was a break dancer?), and the parents seemed supportive and interested in what their kids were doing.

When I lived in BFE, I knew families with 10-12 kids. However, their kids were pretty spaced out, most didn't homeschool (parish school for elementary school, public high school). kids were involved in sports, dance, church activities. Sure, sometimes an older sibling with a license would drive a younger sibling to practice/whatever, but generally the kids were not palmed off on an older sibling. 

With my bunch, the 5, I didn't do that...first, they were way too close in age for that, and second, there was enough of me to go around. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived