IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen: Part 24- Duggars, Duvets and stuff

samurai_sarah

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor baby! Its bad enough to have your bday at Christmas and have your special day overshadowed by shopping for everyone else +Christmas paries and whatall but to be "blessed" (sarcasm) to have the Duggars for parents on top of it...I just want to hug and kiss her and take her out with me to go ice skating, to see the lights or whatever the little darling wants to do! Go see puppies/kittens whatever!

Wow, that video is just so sad. Poor, poor Jordyn. There's no connection between them, no joy in her eyes. I just want to give her a big hug. 

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jordyn gets a family lunch (her parents can't even be bothered to take her out alone for quality time, as they seem to do with the others), and Mechelle upstages her by wearing a necklace of Christmas lights. Don't those go on heathen TREES, Mechelle? As for the video, Mechelle never deviates from script, does she? As for poor Jordyn, she looks absolutely thrilled. 

All you boys and girls?  Looks like Michelle forgot they were actually her kids, lol.

And Jordyn looked like she just didn't give a damn.

Funny!

That video for Jordyn's birthday KILLED me. I could not stop cringing. It's like Michelle was just grasping at straws trying to think up things to say about this little girl who is clearly her second-least favourite child (sorry Jenny).

The beacon of hope in that video was how little Jordyn obviously cared about any of it. 

You go, Jordyn. Maybe there's hope for you yet.

EDIT: Actually, this just occurred to me - that video was posted BY the Duggars. They took that video, watched it, and were like "yes! this is a great portrayal of our loving family!". Like they saw Jordyn's face and actively decided to post that on the internet. Wow. Just wow.

Since Michelle has to do all of these birthday things, I wonder if she just is tired of coming up with new stuff... 
Granted, I never make a speech about my kid either... (she turned 8 a few days ago too). But that kid got her birthday in spades this year, she should have no complaints!! And if I had made a speech, she would have been grinning from ear to ear.

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jessa is her sistermom. No Poor, neglected Jordyn. Where the hell was Jessa after Josie was born?

I'm sorry, are you sure you don't mean where the hell were JB and Michelle? Jessa should not be held responsible for her parent's mistakes. Hell, had I been forced to raise my siblings from age 8 onwards I would not be all lovey dovey either.

I just read on one of the rag sites that jb and m are  planning on adopting a baby next year. I hope it's just fodder because the lost girls so do not need to become sister mom's. These poor kids.  

You mean to tell me they can take just Joy and Austin Out for HIS ( not even married to the Duggars yet) Birthday but  poor Jordyn gets a Family meal?  That's despicable

13 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

You mean to tell me they can take just Joy and Austin Out for HIS ( not even married to the Duggars yet) Birthday but  poor Jordyn gets a Family meal?  That's despicable

Well according to their post, Jordyn requested a meal with the whole family at her favorite restaurant

Unless I hear it from the kids mouth myself, I don't believe a word that Jim and Michelle say

3 hours ago, WhyNotJulie said:

That video for Jordyn's birthday KILLED me. I could not stop cringing. It's like Michelle was just grasping at straws trying to think up things to say about this little girl who is clearly her second-least favourite child (sorry Jenny).

The beacon of hope in that video was how little Jordyn obviously cared about any of it. 

You go, Jordyn. Maybe there's hope for you yet.

EDIT: Actually, this just occurred to me - that video was posted BY the Duggars. They took that video, watched it, and were like "yes! this is a great portrayal of our loving family!". Like they saw Jordyn's face and actively decided to post that on the internet. Wow. Just wow.

These are the people who thought Catgate was a good idea. They have no clue of appropriate time and space. That and their massive Jesus egos think that the Big Guy will protect them from their own idiocy.

2 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I'm sorry, are you sure you don't mean where the hell were JB and Michelle? Jessa should not be held responsible for her parent's mistakes. Hell, had I been forced to raise my siblings from age 8 onwards I would not be all lovey dovey either.

Mechelle was at the hospital with Josie, so yeah, she neglected ALL of her children. Boob is useless. You KNOW those sistermoms all got the "You're in charge" lecture from their sperm and egg donors. So yeah, it fell on Jessa to "raise" the poor toddler, and Jessa apparently didn't fall lock-step into line like her sisters. 

Not that their parents even noticed. 

1 hour ago, eleanora3 said:

Well according to their post, Jordyn requested a meal with the whole family at her favorite restaurant

I'm pretty sure they were at Tacos 4 Life, where they can get their meals comped. 

Actually if I remember, Jessa was shown caring for Jordyn when they were in Little Rock, but of course that was just when filming, who knows the rest of the time.  Jessa, Jana and Jill and Jinger also had to care for everyone else in that house, and JB was useless to guide them. 

Despite the obvious neglect that Jordyn suffered, ( ok, she always looked well fed and dressed, etc, but I mean emotional),  she has always seemed like a pretty happy go lucky kid.  Where as Jenny has looked more stressed over the years.  Hopefully someone, maybe Jessa or one of the other older kids, took Jordyn under their wing and she was able to forge some normal emotional bonds. 

Even if Josie hadn't been born so early, chances are Michelle was checked out as far as Jordyn was concerned because we know she always had morning sickness when pregnant.  So I imagine as soon as Jordyn was weaned,  Michelle got preggo again, and Jordyn was handed off to her buddy.  So she probably wouldn't have had much more contact with her mother even if the whole Josie thing hadn't happened. 

I have no problem believing that Jordyn asked to have the whole family at her birthday dinner because it is pretty obvious she isn't attached to her parents.  Going to dinner with just JB and M would have been awkward for her.  Imagine 2 hours of the kind of awkwardness that is obvious on that short video

And by the way. Why the hell do they have to video all this shit?  The kid is right in front of you,  Just wish her a happy birthday, say something sweet and genuine about her, and be done with it.  Stop posting these stupid videos that they seem to think show them in such a good light as such godly parents.

The younger kids have got to flee the Duggar cult when they get older. The eldest are steeped in the Kool-aid and have to display their courtships and weddings for money, but maybe JB and DQ will be too tired to hover over Jordyn-Grace when she is 18.

On 12/17/2016 at 1:58 PM, MoonFace said:

Check out the video on Duggar's FB page (Dec 15) of Spurgeon DANCING.    Seems to me that one of the little boys was moving to some music from a toy in a second hand store and Bobblehead made him stop. (Many years ago on the show)

Oh but no no no, that little Duggarling ages back on the show was simply "jumping for joy!" That's what Jana used as an excuse to the cameraman, anyway. 

11 hours ago, WhyNotJulie said:

Yes, this is the absolute worst thing about that video - they looked at it, and thought it was great testimony etc etc.  Sad for Jordyn that it seemed (from the noise around the filming) that her siblings weren't paying attention either.  But if I was anywhere a video like that about my relative, I'd never let it be put online.

I just read on one of the rag sites that jb and m are  planning on adopting a baby next year. I hope it's just fodder because the lost girls so do not need to become sister mom's. These poor kids.  

They have custody of Michelle's young nephew. Maybe that's what the article referred to and exaggerated?

7 hours ago, calimojo said:

And by the way. Why the hell do they have to video all this shit?  The kid is right in front of you,  Just wish her a happy birthday, say something sweet and genuine about her, and be done with it.  Stop posting these stupid videos that they seem to think show them in such a good light as such godly parents.

I think we always snark about how stupid it is to make a video saying "Happy Birthday" when you are physically with that person and how it actually makes zero sense to post it (especially when the kids don't even have social media to see it). Since someone from TLC obviously reads here, this video is trying to make it better. Now they aren't just recording a video themselves and posting it (unnecessarily), they are giving the birthday speech to all the other (uninterested) children instead. I noticed that in past videos, JB&M speak directly to the camera. This video for poor Jordyn shows M just looking at the other kids the whole time. 

They read here and think they are improving upon our criticisms and usually just end up looking more dumb.

14 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I think we always snark about how stupid it is to make a video saying "Happy Birthday" when you are physically with that person and how it actually makes zero sense to post it (especially when the kids don't even have social media to see it). Since someone from TLC obviously reads here, this video is trying to make it better. Now they aren't just recording a video themselves and posting it (unnecessarily), they are giving the birthday speech to all the other (uninterested) children instead. I noticed that in past videos, JB&M speak directly to the camera. This video for poor Jordyn shows M just looking at the other kids the whole time. 

They read here and think they are improving upon our criticisms and usually just end up looking more dumb.

Exactly right, and it's so painfully obvious that those kids don't listen to or mind Meeechelle at all, wonder if they ever did ^_^

To anyone with functioning brain cells, what the video does indicate is the dysfunction of the Duggar parents and the horrible relationship they have with their kids. 2 people can not successfully raise 19 healthy, bright, educated and contributing children. There are not enough hours in the day. In addition, 8,9 10...year old children can not successfully raise other children. 

Criminal is what this is; a social experiment gone bad.

Not one of those kids received the basic parenting needed. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived