IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen: Part 24- Duggars, Duvets and stuff

samurai_sarah

Yeah it does. Just look at the Nauglers.

Arkansas just requires a wavier to homeschool. No follow up or anything. It looks to my like legal guardians have the same rights as parents when it comes to choosing to homeschool. 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That poor child probably has had more of a real education than any Duggar kid. Now he's going to be dumbed down at the SOTDRT.

There might be a chance that his exposure to public education could help him out in the future, though. When he's older, if he ever runs into one of his old friends, I think he'd be more likely to question the lifestyle he's been living when compared to the one his old friend is. 

Is there a chance that his mother could ever get custody back, or is he going to be with the Duggars until he gets married?

22 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Check out the video on Duggar's FB page (Dec 15) of Spurgeon DANCING.    Seems to me that one of the little boys was moving to some music from a toy in a second hand store and Bobblehead made him stop. (Many years ago on the show)

I remember that episode.  It was Jackson, and Jana claimed that he was "jumping for joy".

Spurgeon seems to be having a more normal childhood, except for that name.  Elliott Seewald, even Elliott Spurgeon Seewald, would have been fine.  The nickname "Spurgie" (IMO) doesn't help a bit.

Jordyn gets a family lunch (her parents can't even be bothered to take her out alone for quality time, as they seem to do with the others), and Mechelle upstages her by wearing a necklace of Christmas lights. Don't those go on heathen TREES, Mechelle? As for the video, Mechelle never deviates from script, does she? As for poor Jordyn, she looks absolutely thrilled. 

Wow,  that is a really bad video.  I mean, this does nothing to dispel the whole idea that Michelle doesn't know her kids.  There seems to be no connection between she and Jordyn at all.  Jordan looks completely checked out.  She glances up at her mother the way a kid might look at an Aunt that they see twice a year at the most. 

Even if Michelle was a great mom,  it would be easy to see why her connection to Jordyn was interrupted by Josie's birth and prolonged hospitalization.  Wouldn't that have been a great thing to focus on back then?  Show how a normal mom would struggle with having to split her attention between a critically ill newborn premie and her less than a year old baby and other children.  Talk about how that affected them both,  how did they try to overcome it.  etc? 

This certainly is a story that any parent of a premie or a sick child, who has other children could have related to and it would have been a real story.  Instead everyone one who watched the show post Josie, got to see sweet little Jordyn be the forgotten baby, and Jennifer as well.  Jessa, Jill and Jana may have tried, but they had their hands full as well. 

Hopefully Jordyn was able to sufficiently  able form a connection with someone as she does seem like a generally happy child, but she sure doesn't seem like she is Michelle's child.

Ugh. All that stuff about helping and babies in Jichelle's birthday speech to Jordyn. She was totally reading the Girl Edition of the Fundie Parent Birthday Greeting script. She sounds like a boss talking about her employee, not a mother talking about her beloved child. It's so sad that it has to be all about god-ordained gender roles and 49 character traits with these people. I really hope that the next generation does things differently.

No pleasure in that child's face at all.   

I think about even the small celebrations we have had for our grandchildren.   The girls just beam and glow.    It's hard to contain their excitement.   

Poor Jordyn looks like she was picked out of the studio audience and has no f^@( ing idea what the hell is going on and who/what that strange lady is rambling on about. 

Jordyn doesn't look like there's any love lost for Michelle. Who's her sistermom? Maybe they should have been doing the speech. I wonder what the little girls think about the ladies in their 20s getting married and leaving. Do they resign themselves to the same fate? Most kids would be jumping and excited that their parents were talking about them. I'm so sad for her. I hope she breaks free. 

Jessa is her sistermom. No love lost there, either. I've never seen Jessa show Jordyn the kind of affection that Jill, say what you will about her otherwise, shows for her buddy team. Jessa seems to only want to use Jordyn as a mini sister-mom for Spurge and will be quite happy to use her to help with #2. 

Poor, neglected Jordyn. Where the hell was Jessa after Josie was born? That little baby needed a mother way back when, but we were never shown Jordyn receiving any special attention, except from Dolly Parton when she was a baby. Heck, our first memories of her on the show are of her legs dangling out from under a blanket while her egg donor nursed her on a parade float and at an elementary school in front of little kids. 

I was always raised that birthdays are magic and special and a day to celebrate the birthday person (not just kids). Kids deserve joy and happiness, and rather than that, Jordyn seems to feel as though what should be a special moment is a chore. Though, not that it's a very personal or warm special moment, so I can't blame her. I feel so bad for her. :-(

Jordyn is truly the quintessential lost girl. She's gonna load up those 8 year old hips with babiez.

Good grief.

I hate the Duggars.

8 hours ago, BackseatMom said:

Yeah it does. Just look at the Nauglers.

Arkansas just requires a wavier to homeschool. No follow up or anything. It looks to my like legal guardians have the same rights as parents when it comes to choosing to homeschool. 

I just learned that Arkansas no longer requires standardized tests for homeschoolers. When I was homeschooled in Arkansas we at least had to take standardized tests every few years. Some parents didn't bother even though it was the law, but the Duggar kids did take the tests.

It disturbs me when there is no oversight for homeschoolers. Standardized tests aren't much, but at least it's something to show that kids are getting at least a very basic education. Without any kind of oversight there is nothing protecting homeschooled kids.

45 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

It disturbs me when there is no oversight for homeschoolers. Standardized tests aren't much, but at least it's something to show that kids are getting at least a very basic education. Without any kind of oversight there is nothing protecting homeschooled kids.

Ugh. My 4 siblings and I were victims of this. There was only required testing in grades 1, 6 and 9. This was in Alberta, Canada in the 90's. My parents got around all the rules, did the bare minimum, and there were zero repercussions. 

By the time my youngest brother was in high school, my parents weren't even pretending anymore. It was outright neglect. My youngest brother never graduated high school... he maybe had grade 9 math. 

I took my education into my own hands from grade 7 onwards, and ended up with a B.A. from the University of Alberta, but absolutely no thanks to my idiot parents. 

They always said a girls education didn't matter... they come from Mennonite heritage, where girls traditionally don't get more than a grade 8 education. 

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

Poor Jordyn looks like she was picked out of the studio audience and has no f^@( ing idea what the hell is going on and who/what that strange lady is rambling on about. 

Well put.  And where was Jim Bob?  Couldn't he have spared a few moments and kind words for the poor child?

What a horrible video, poor Jordyn. I thought the usual awkwardly sandwiched-between-parents and forced smiling at the camera scripted messages were bad.

Michelle looks pretty furious that nobody is listening to her.

Ah wow, I think that must be the worst  birthday video I have seen from the Duggars. Sure I have not seen them all and my expectations of these kind of birthday vids in general are low, but eek its so cringey impersonal. That blank look on Jordyn's face is so sad, it's like she has never met or seen this crazy lady before her life, or as if Michelle was speaking a foreign language and Jordyn had zero clue what or who she was rambing about.

13 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Michelle looks pretty furious that nobody is listening to her.

why should they listen to her now?  I wouldn't...

I'm afraid for Jordyn. We see her expression and want to give her love and individual attention. Her parents, on the other hand, probably see an inappropriate countenance that needs "correction." Check the child for bruises.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived