IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen: Part 24- Duggars, Duvets and stuff

samurai_sarah

They just posted Josie's birthday message on Facebook. It was nice; about what excitement and entertainment she's brought, and she has a "loving heart". Nothing about her being a miracle. So, which one of them comes here? Or does TLC, and they then mediate between them? I guess they're working on "normalizing" their such messages.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

They just posted Josie's birthday message on Facebook. It was nice; about what excitement and entertainment she's brought, and she has a "loving heart". Nothing about her being a miracle. So, which one of them comes here? Or does TLC, and they then mediate between them? I guess they're working on "normalizing" their such messages.

Maybe they will start taking our parenting tips soon. 

DIL miscarried the first baby. They didn't know the sex, but they knew it was the size of an olive, so they planted an olive tree in memory. Miscarriages are hard, and I really felt for Michelle after Jubilee. I thought they exploited it afterwards, though.

I am discomfited a bit by the Jubilee posts.  Or maybe it's just the accompanying photos. Of course the family will, and should, remember babies they have lost, but I cannot imagine posting about our baby on Facebook. To me that reeks of both attention-seeking and exploitation in order to promote their anti-abortion stance. We, personally, prefer to remember our child in private. I think it's kind of icky, if I'm being honest. 

2 hours ago, Fascinated said:

I am discomfited a bit by the Jubilee posts.  Or maybe it's just the accompanying photos. Of course the family will, and should, remember babies they have lost, but I cannot imagine posting about our baby on Facebook. To me that reeks of both attention-seeking and exploitation in order to promote their anti-abortion stance. We, personally, prefer to remember our child in private. I think it's kind of icky, if I'm being honest. 

Yes, I completely agree that it is the photos that give it a weird anti-abortion vibe. I don't personally think it is appropriate, but YMMV and I can respect that. If a child had died at a year old, and a remembrance social media post was made, I don't really think they would  have included any pictures taken post-mortem, so it feels definitely icky that they did that for Jubilee.

I will admit to being creeped out by the way the kids write about Jubilee. They try to sound so joyful and chirpy about it and it always comes across as inappropriate. See Josh's "just buried my baby sister!" insta from back then, and Jill's "my sister had fingers and toes!" Like they're trying to grieve but can't drop the "joyful spirit" thing for a second. Their emotional range is so limited, it's freaky.

Any American Dad fans in here? In last night's new episode (Roger's Baby, Season 12, Episode 6), Roger referenced good ol' baby factory Michelle while giving birth to Hailey's husband, Jeff.

"Childbirth really hurts! I have so much respect for Michelle Duggar now, which is saying something, because I already considered her one of the most accomplished women of her generation." 

I rolled off my couch laughing.

If you don't watch the show, the character that said that is an alcoholic crossdressing alien. Show creator is an outspoken atheist... 

You have express better than me @Londish and @Fascineted, i was really discomfort by the Jubilee post bug i wasnt able to explicate exactly why. i was born at 28 week and was a twin, my sister didn't survive the labor (doctor fault) but my mother didn't take picture of her and never talk about her on Facebook or internet. She also prefer remember her during the year more then around our bday 

9 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

DIL miscarried the first baby. They didn't know the sex, but they knew it was the size of an olive, so they planted an olive tree in memory. Miscarriages are hard, and I really felt for Michelle after Jubilee. I thought they exploited it afterwards, though.

They would have exploited her if she made it, so...

I felt icky then when they showed the pictures of Jubilee, but thought it was their way of dealing with it. Now when I see Jill's every life is precious Instagram post, I'm angry! You shouldn't use the death of a sibling to further a political agenda. I know that this is the Duggar way but to share those pictures and then make "All life is precious" comments, you're kinda of an asshole. Plenty of parents go through this grief and you're doing stuff like that. That's a dick move.

17 hours ago, twinmama said:

How do they use Josie as a pro-life statement? She was a premature baby, she was past viability. It's not like the Duggars could have said "hey don't save her" about a 25 week baby, or that ANYONE whose baby is relatively healthy at that gestation would say that. I assume they think people are aborting perfectly healthy fetuses at all gestations... Ugh.

I bet after the Jubilee situation they decided that even if Michelle got pregnant again, they wouldn't announce it until they were past viability. She could be having early losses, of also completely normal to just not get pregnant at all at her age. I hope shop is just closed, I wouldn't want anyone (even Michelle) to have to experience repeated loss.

I feel like this is very colored by the fact that it's the Duggars doing it. I have friends who have lost babies to miscarriage, stillbirth and prematurity and some of them do post photos and talk about their losses on their dates. It's public remembrance, mourning, and asking for support. No one wants their child forgotten.

Thank you for saying this. I am coming up the anniversary of my miscarriage and I may or may not post about it on facebook. I don't care if it makes anyone feel "icky" or "uncomfortable". 

"colored by the Duggars doing it"... Have Michelle and Jim Bob posted Jubilee posts? To my knowledge, it's only been the kids, right? To me, THAT'S what's creepy! M and JB posting about a lost child is one thing..

3 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

"colored by the Duggars doing it"... Have Michelle and Jim Bob posted Jubilee posts? To my knowledge, it's only been the kids, right? To me, THAT'S what's creepy! M and JB posting about a lost child is one thing..

My sister released a balloon for my baby on mother's day and posted a remembrance on facebook. I was just doing my best to get through the day and wasn't able to bring myself to go to her house so I was really touched to see her do this in honor of our baby. 

18 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Either way, it will be weird for Tyler. He would be the only kid going to school and doing homework. Also, school doesn't run on Duggar time. I could see him being late a lot.

If it's SOTDRT, he would be really confused. I don't think bankruptcy is covered in public school. I know they do online computer classes, but it's got to be pretty limited.

JD or one of the other boys is probably tasked with talking him to school and picking him up.

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

JD or one of the other boys is probably tasked with talking him to school and picking him up.

i am shocked that he is allowed to go to a normal school -

Do we know that he is attending a public school or not?  I don't think they've said.

24 minutes ago, nst said:

i am shocked that he is allowed to go to a normal school -

I was very surprised, too....if it actually does happen, maybe it's not such a bad thing, if he is used to going to public school already...at least he would be away from TTH for a few hours a day, not deep in the kool-aid

Can a child go to public school and still be neck deep in the kool-aid? The young man hasn't been swimming in it yet so it possible he won't be easily brainwashed? Maybe he'll influence the other kids to break free! I know, I know, useless hopes. 

Do we know that he is attending a public school or not?  I don't think they've said.

I think people are hoping, since it would be another big change for him.

From an academic point of view, it would interest for a public school kid to switch to Duggar homeschool. I'd bet he's ahead of the older kids. It could be eye-opening for them to see how smart a public school kid is....or not. He could correct the teacher, show the others what he knows or offer a different perspective to school. But i'm dreaming cause they only count Bible learning as necessary...

I thought he was previously living in another state with his grandmother?  Or at least a different part of Arkansas.  If he was then the local public school wouldn't be the same one as last year.  He'd be enrolled in a new school.  I do hope he's not at the SODRT and that if they tried that they'd be prohibited.  

Since the courts are involved in the placement of him, wouldn't he have a GAL/social worker/someone to watch over him for the next little bit? Maybe the Duggars will have to prove their homeschooling plan, curriculum, statistics, test results etc. I really have no idea how it all works, but I would like to believe there is someone watching over him in all aspects of his life.

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I don't think they have confirmed anything. I believe most are running on assumptions based on similar situations they are familiar with.  I have never seen a kid in a similar situation be allowed to homeschool. 

7 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

Thank you for saying this. I am coming up the anniversary of my miscarriage and I may or may not post about it on facebook. I don't care if it makes anyone feel "icky" or "uncomfortable". 

I hope you have some peace on the anniversary. Hugs.

19 hours ago, Londish said:

Yes, I completely agree that it is the photos that give it a weird anti-abortion vibe. I don't personally think it is appropriate, but YMMV and I can respect that. If a child had died at a year old, and a remembrance social media post was made, I don't really think they would  have included any pictures taken post-mortem, so it feels definitely icky that they did that for Jubilee.

I still think this is just colored by them being Duggars and rabidly anti-abortion. The sweet, tasteful photos of her little feet aren't graphic or disturbing. That's all they have of her, a few pictures, I think it's okay that they share it. If it was my family I'd want to remember them and see the sweet photos their parents do have. I don't know who took Jubilee's photos, but Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep does wonderful, tasteful photos of babies that have died and they are a great group doing something for people going through a terrible time. IMO it's ok to share pictures of your child, and it's ok to decide to keep them private. That doesn't change if your child is no longer alive.

8 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

My sister released a balloon for my baby on mother's day and posted a remembrance on facebook. I was just doing my best to get through the day and wasn't able to bring myself to go to her house so I was really touched to see her do this in honor of our baby. 

That is very sweet. I say no matter who the parents are, a wanted and lost baby deserves to be remembered for who they were. If it was another family, it would be very nice that a sibling was remembering the loss of a baby. And I'm the most pro-choice person there is, but this just has nothing to do with that.  A wanted baby was lost, that's all.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived