IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen: Part 24- Duggars, Duvets and stuff

samurai_sarah

23 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I think Joy's courtship rules are probably the strictest, given Austin's parents. I mean, they don't allow closed doors in their home, so... I'm willing to bet she's having the rougher road.

This is scary.  I can't fathom having no privacy like that.  My upbringing wasn't the best, but I was always given lots of privacy.  I'm concerned for the potential children of these two.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Then there's the sermon Jeremy preached about legalism...that was a total fuck you to J'boobhovah. 

Re: bolded: you owe me a new screen LOL

5 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

Women are chattel in this culture. Like the daughters' sexuality was undervalued in the Josh scandal, JB was willing to allow some pieces of Jing's heart to be sacrificed to Jeremy in the courtship process. The money train was leaving the station and Jinger had to "put out" to save the brand. I think THIS is why JB and Michelle looked the other way.

Jinger's courtship and wedding  appeared more "mainstream" but the backstory is more sinister. JB pimps out his kids for $$$$$. Joy's courtship is the next piece of his plan.  With that said I can't help but wonder how Jana has escaped...she's either stronger than we think to avoid courtship, OR so enslaved in her "cinderjana" narrative....

My point is Jinger's situation appears as if JB/ Michelle are loosening up....but are they? I don't think so. 

Agreed. What happened with Jinger's situation? Are you talking about the looser courtship rules with her? Unless I'm missing some info on the subject, I don't think JB and M have loosened up in the sense of dropping any of their convictions. I don't think they'll ever go there

I don't think JB & M loosened up, I think Jeremy & Jinger pushed boundaries and they were limited in their response.

I don't think Joy will have it easy, she's more rule orientated and more broken (Jinger got to hide behind wild Jessa, while Joy was the tomboy between 8 boys, the need for feminisation was obvious and carried out).  Plus as other's have said Austin's family as are hardline as JB.  Both families are on the same page with this.

I don't think Jeremy's cared about courtship rules and front hugging.

6 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I think Joy's courtship rules are probably the strictest, given Austin's parents. I mean, they don't allow closed doors in their home, so... I'm willing to bet she's having the rougher road.

Does this include bathrooms and mom and dad's bedroom when they're in bed?  Yikes.

23 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I don't think he had asked her to court yet.  JB was just protecting his property at that point.

Or TLC fabricated it for interest. I never quite believed that scene...

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

Does this include bathrooms and mom and dad's bedroom when they're in bed?  Yikes.

I guess this is why they only had two children. :giggle:

8 hours ago, vspielman said:

This is scary.  I can't fathom having no privacy like that.  My upbringing wasn't the best, but I was always given lots of privacy.  I'm concerned for the potential children of these two.

IF this was brought up I didn't see it, even on the Jinger thread, so I apologize if it's a subject, but this weeks issue of Star magazine says that Joy and Austin (?) have already done the deed. Not sure how they would know but I hope that's true.

21 minutes ago, patsymae said:

IF this was brought up I didn't see it, even on the Jinger thread, so I apologize if it's a subject, but this weeks issue of Star magazine says that Joy and Austin (?) have already done the deed. Not sure how they would know but I hope that's true.

Star magazine is a tabloid.  Don't believe anything you read there.

I always scan the magazines at the grocery store check out in hopes of seeing something ridiculous about some Duggar. How did I miss that?

That's the biggest load I've heard yet about this family. They're obviously doing it for the views/attention. Tabloids are all shit. Who would honestly believe that they've been pounding for a whole year if the family doesn't even let their children be alone with the opposite sex!?!?

PS - family friend and future lawyer Krista Gay took the bait and went on a little rant against the tabloids lol

19 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

That's the biggest load I've heard yet about this family. They're obviously doing it for the views/attention. Tabloids are all shit. Who would honestly believe that they've been pounding for a whole year if the family doesn't even let their children be alone with the opposite sex!?!?

PS - family friend and future lawyer Krista Gay took the bait and went on a little rant against the tabloids lol

where?

33 minutes ago, BackseatMom said:

I always scan the magazines at the grocery store check out in hopes of seeing something ridiculous about some Duggar. How did I miss that?

So far I've only seen it circling online. 

11 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

KG.png

Haha! I laughed at the term "real insider." Is she saying that she considers herself one or that she knows real insiders and wouldn't say anything? 

I've tried to picture this in my own life though and imagine it would be tough to read lies about my friend circling around...

Going back to the strictness of courtships, it seems as though Jinger's was the "loosest" while some are guessing Joy's will be the strictest due to diff. reasons. Jilly's and Blessa's were prob. about the same level of strictness. I can't help but wonder how Jana's (and JD's) will be like. Because of her age, fastest courtship? Less strictest rules? Shortest engagement? Fastest to the altar? Those of course also depend on her future bf. I can see Jana marrying someone a few years younger than her. But someone mature and similar to her personality. 

14 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I *think* that episode said it's only permitted to change clothes and a closed door otherwise means you're hiding something. 

33 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I *think* that episode said it's only permitted to change clothes and a closed door otherwise means you're hiding something. 

Clearly they haven't read their Bible enough (bolding mine):

But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. - Matthew 6:6

See, the kids could just be praying! Now don't those parents feel stupid? :P  But really all joking aside, this crap would have killed me. I'm really introverted, and sometimes an island of silence and solitude, even for an hour, makes a world of difference.

39 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Clearly they haven't read their Bible enough (bolding mine):

See, the kids could just be praying! Now don't those parents feel stupid? :P  But really all joking aside, this crap would have killed me. I'm really introverted, and sometimes an island of silence and solitude, even for an hour, makes a world of difference.

Yeah, well that doesn't stop them from praying on street corners and social media and everywhere else for them to see. I don't think anyone ever accused the Duggars of appropriate biblical interpretation.

17 hours ago, wandering woman said:

Star magazine is a tabloid.  Don't believe anything you read there.

I never forget that for every concocted story there can be a seed of truth. Many years ago, The National Enquirer reported that Steve McQueen was dying and going to Mexico for treatment. All publications were saying nay nay but guess what Steve McQueen was indeed going to Mexico for treatment and he was dying. I still see things and take it with a grain of salt but also remember a small tidbit may indeed be true.

15 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

KG.png

Wouldn't it be really cool if the insider was Jana and she is getting paid for all of these 'leaks' and is saving up to move away? 

On 1/15/2017 at 10:28 AM, vspielman said:

This, but this means that Joy & Austin LIKED how they were brought up. They will have their own home, most likely so their own rules, hopefully they are a little easier on their kids than their folks were on them. I know a lot of folks raised in very strict homes grow up to be very lax parents, because they resent what their parent did to them.  I also know peole who were raised by very lax parents, that turned into tyrants because they KNOW what kids will do without supervision, because they did it all. 

I do hope they are more lenient, having privacy as a young tween into your teen years is good for their emotional development. Even if it is just  few hours here and there to decompress from everything and everyone.  I know growing up my room was my castle, I didn't have to listen to my siblings or parents fight, I could put stuff where ever I wanted (until I opened the door because all hell would break loose if mom saw a messy room) and just relax and be off guard. I craved when I didn't get it.  Granted for centuries most children shared bedrooms with siblings, BUT they were allowed to go somewhere alone. My mom grew up in a 900 sq foot home that had 1 bedroom 1 bathroom and an attic partitioned off but dressers and dressing screens 3 boys on one side 3 girls on the other, She was #4 of 6 kids she's 71 the youngest is 66 now so this was the late 40's, 50's & 60 so homes were just smaller, it was how you lived. But she said that almost everyone she knew had a "secret" hiding place somewhere in town that they would /could go to get away even for a few hours a week.  The Joy & Austin weren't ever even allowed that.  I can't imagine one of my parents sitting outside the bathroom if I took too long to take a shit.  That is beyond not normal.  I would think they would all have hated it, but who knows. 

15 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Going back to the strictness of courtships, it seems as though Jinger's was the "loosest" while some are guessing Joy's will be the strictest due to diff. reasons. Jilly's and Blessa's were prob. about the same level of strictness. I can't help but wonder how Jana's (and JD's) will be like. Because of her age, fastest courtship? Less strictest rules? Shortest engagement? Fastest to the altar? Those of course also depend on her future bf. I can see Jana marrying someone a few years younger than her. But someone mature and similar to her personality. 

I'd like to think they are being so strict with Joy because she is so young.  I would be more concerned with my JUST TURNED 19 year old talking about getting married than my just turned 23 yr old.  I know they seem to be in a hurry to get these 4 older girls married off for what ever reason, I'm not sure why they pushing Joy now. I do think it is a totally arranged marriage maybe Austin is sexually frustrated (can you blame him) and wants to hurry up already, maybe the Fort isn't doing well financially and needs the boost, or maybe Boob wants to get rid of as many as he can while the gravy train is still rolling. Remember he's still got 5 daughters to marry off after Joy, Jana will probably be in the next year or so, but after that he will have 9/10 years before Hannie is ready, so he can save up for those. 

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

Wouldn't it be really cool if the insider was Jana and she is getting paid for all of these 'leaks' and is saving up to move away? 

That would kind of make my life. I'd honestly be more shocked about that than any of the scandals....

On 1/13/2017 at 8:12 AM, LadyCrow1313 said:

Is that as good as elbow sex? (Asking for a friend.)

Well the skin on the elbow is spoken of as the "weenus" :my_blush:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived