IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen: Part 24- Duggars, Duvets and stuff

samurai_sarah

I didn't mean he was officially & literally paying rent, but that he could be either contributing quietly (occasionally buying the groceries) or at least not being a financial drain - paying for his clothes etc.  He is likely either not costing JB money or saving JB money and is not a financial drain like most of the other over 18s.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I am confused by your statement re: JD and paying rent.  Do we have any evidence that JD is paying rent to Jimbob?  And do we have any evidence to support that JD is still living in the TTH,  in the Boy's dorm?  And I guess I just would find it odd that JD pays rent, while Ben and Jessa don't and Jill and Derick don't. 

I agree that JD and Joe, seem to have a decent work ethic, but,  I believe they are hindered yet again by their parents by not being allowed to actually work.  Yes,  JD has been constable, which is just very part time, and I believe was not a paid position.  He knows how to operate big equipment and he can fly.  Yes,  he could work full time at some of those things, but it seems as if, in true Jim Bob Duggar fashion,  they do a little bit of this here, a little bit of that there, and then call it work. 

Are any of these kids truly skilled enough to work an actual job?  Other than JD's pilot License,  are any of them certified, or apprenticed officially in any of those skills or trades?

Josiah got a pilot's license, and JD now has a commercial license. Still, JD can't do much with his certification other than charge people to fly Duggar Aviation. I also believe he won an election last fall as an official constable or something along those lines. I have no clue what/if that post pays him anything. I'd say that the vast majority of his actual income comes from working for JB. I don't think he has the towing business any longer, so I can't think of any independent sources of income that may have. At least Smuggar and the twins attempt to sell junker cars. 

I haven't heard of anything independent from either Joe or Josiah either, so I extrapolate that to mean that they're also on the JB payroll. Ironically, if Joy goes to work at the Family Camp, the only kidults JB won't be supporting in some way are her and Jinger. Of course, the Jinger situation could change if that big house remodel turns out to be for Jeremy's new church in NWA. 

I seriously doubt that JB is at the point where he needs to have JD contribute money to the household yet.  Think about it,  the only person who could be paying JD a paycheck is JB.  John David, to my knowledge does not work for anyone outside of the Duggar cult.  He has been farmed out to fly some of their friends, and he has driven a bus for at least one traveling band of fundie minstrels, but Jimbob probably made the arrangements for that, so the money was back to him.    So JD is on Jimbob's payroll as is pretty much everyone else in that family. 

So,  if Jimbob has John pay rent,  it is probably more in the form of Hey,  I will pay you 100 bucks to fly us to Big Sandy but I'm a gonna keep 50 bucks because those paper plates you eat off of get pretty pricey. 

Other than Perhaps Derick with is substitute teacher job,  I don't think there is a single Duggar offspring who is making independent money, and Derick's earning from teaching are probably pretty minimal and certainly not enough to pay for that house they are in.  Jeremy made money from the show, but it remains to be seen if he will continue to do that, or if he and Jinger will lead an independent life from JB or if, like the rest of them, will be on the Duggar payroll.  It would be best for them if they live independently, with maybe just a rare appearance in the circus, similar to Allie Bates Webster.  But once they get a couple of kids added to their budget,  they might be willing to start performing under the big top again.  I also suspect that JB or perhaps the money earned from the show, have helped Jeremy get a nicer apartment.  I think it was clear that JB was not going to let his precious commodity live in that little one bedroom place with the smelly  closet. 

And I also don't think that JB is hurting for money.  Besides the show,  he has credit card and loan processing businesses,  communication towers, real estate, etc. I think he has money coming in on several fronts.  And even if the show is cancelled, unless there is another big scandal,  he and Michelle will still get money on the speaker circuit from their die hard fans. 

I do think he will start to feel the pinch in a bout 10 years, when he will have all adult children who have no jobs.  At that point, several more will be married, and given their education, and cultish mindset,  they won't have jobs away from home.  If they all have 4-5 kids each,  that is when JB is going to start losing it.  I think JB answers to his money God more than his religious God.  If the money gets tight,  he would be fine with shows about breaking away from the cult, which would keep them in the media.  They could get some good traction with talking about how they were mislead, made decisions based on false teachings, etc and how they are now struggling to get their kids launched independently.  

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

Josiah got a pilot's license, and JD now has a commercial license. Still, JD can't do much with his certification other than charge people to fly Duggar Aviation. I also believe he won an election last fall as an official constable or something along those lines. I have no clue what/if that post pays him anything. I'd say that the vast majority of his actual income comes from working for JB. I don't think he has the towing business any longer, so I can't think of any independent sources of income that may have. At least Smuggar and the twins attempt to sell junker cars. 

I haven't heard of anything independent from either Joe or Josiah either, so I extrapolate that to mean that they're also on the JB payroll. Ironically, if Joy goes to work at the Family Camp, the only kidults JB won't be supporting in some way are her and Jinger. Of course, the Jinger situation could change if that big house remodel turns out to be for Jeremy's new church in NWA. 

I don't think the Constable position is a paid position, though he might get a stipend to cover meals, uniforms, gas money.  As to his pilot's license and the towing business,  those were/are Duggar owned businesses, not JD's own private businesses.  At best,  JD is an employee of those in terms of getting paid.  In terms of the work involved,  JD probably did it all, but Daddy Duggarbucks owned the business.  Just like with Josh's first car lot.  Daddy Duggarbucks bought that and 'gave' it to him, but do any of us believe that he didn't retain ownership on it?  Of course not.  He owned it and let Josh 'run it'. 

None of those kids, or in-laws are currently independently supporting themselves, with the possible exception of Jeremy, who might have negotiated a separate contract.  But it is still dependent on the Duggars to a degree and I have no trouble believing that if Jeremy doesn't play nice, that JB can influence how much air time, therefore salary,  he would get, unless TLC really felt that Jeremy/Jinger were more likely to draw in ratings. 

I really hope that Jeremy, along with input from Jinger,  will chose to live independently from the Duggarnaut.  Like I said,  some rare appearances here and there might be enough to give them a little money boost, but anything regular will put him in a submissive position to JB, which, I think is NOT where Jeremy wants to be.  Yes,  that means a real change in lifestyle for Jinger because a preacher at a small church doesn't make much, but the two of them could make their own money on the speaker circuit, especially if they set themselves apart from the main Duggar cult and really show their journey as a couple.  I think people would be interested to know how Jinger adjusted to moving away,  how she experienced more freedom, what changes in her belief system have happened,  how  she has been challenged by seeing things are different than what she was taught, etc.  Jeremy is a conservative wingnut, most likely, but culturally,  they may end up living a more mainstream life,  rubbing elbows with a more diverse group of people. 

And, I do hold out hope for Ben that as he finishes school, matures, etc, that he might also find himself questioning the restrictive lifestyle culture of the Duggars and hopefully his self respect will grow and he will someday,  in a very Christian way,  tell Jim Bob to go fuck himself.  Princess Jessa will have to decide if she is all in with Ben, which might mean a more austere life away from free housing and childcare by her siblings.  If Jessa supports Ben, over her mom and Dad I would be surprised because Jessa gets a lot of perks from being a Duggar and from living in close proximity to the TTH.  But, if she really and truly sees Ben as her headship ( which I doubt),  maybe she would go all in with him and separate to a degree from Daddy Duggarbucks and Mommy Delegator.  

I think you hit the nail on the head about them starting to feel the pinch in about 10 years. It's going to be crazy when they have even more adults to support. So bizarre.

5 hours ago, sansan said:

This may not be allowed and yes it is something entirely different. Believe me, I am not a fan of the humongous families and some of the dynamics it creates but I saw this article and could not forget how much the Duggars have failed their children. They could not do many of the things this family did but most of it yes, they could have done. http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/9zM5hQ/:1_O9l8V$L:l7lLkfHT/qz.com/165716/how-i-made-sure-all-12-of-my-kids-could-pay-for-college-themselves

I read that article but didn't really like it or believe it. He forced all 12 kids to take ALL the AP classes in their high school? How is that even possible? My daughter is a junior and takes lots of AP, but her school offers about 25 AP classes and there is no way she could take them all, just isn't enough time. Plus, she'd be miserable in AP Comp Sci or AP Spanish, since she does't like these subjects. On top of this, I think at 16 or 17kids should be allowed to choose their own classes. I suspect this guy didn't really know his kids or what they were doing in high school, and is just saying stuff.

And none of his kids are even the tiniest bit overweight? How would he even know? Does he put the 37 year old on a scale? Even if that is true, that's due to genetics or the fact that they are still mostly young adults.

He never actually says how he makes his kids pay for college. Here's what I think happened: Even a successfully engineer cannot afford to pay private college tuition for 12 kids back to back. If he had four in college at once, that's $80 x 4=$320,000 a year. For many years. So he "refused" to pay for college, and his kids went to community college. Nothing wrong with that, but don't pretend they earned their way through Harvard. 

Finally, IMO, giving a new car to a 16 year old is a worthless bit of indulgence that wipes out all the other hard things he made them do. Probably just needed another body to run errands. 

So who pays taxes? Only Bobchelle? If no one else works, then no one else pays taxes? Are all of the kids still claimed as dependants? 

5 hours ago, Pasta said:

So who pays taxes? Only Bobchelle? If no one else works, then no one else pays taxes? Are all of the kids still claimed as dependants? 

well, probably the adult kids have to report their incomes, but JB has probably worked with a fundie tax accountant to figure out a way to protect them all from having to pay taxes.  . 

On 1/7/2017 at 9:26 AM, eleanora3 said:

It looks like the Duggar girls redecorated their bedroom again since the last time

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 10.25.46 AM.png

What else have they got to do?

10 hours ago, anotherone said:

What else have they got to do?

On decorating the room.  I bet Boob didn't like the redo. He had a hard time painting over the old stuff. I really  liked the redo. Poor girls

I wonder when/if they will include Jed & Jer, they are both 18 now? When does the next J boy turn 18, I'm guessing not this year but next. 

so pickles has a pic up of the 'notice of removal filed' document in the josh/danica lawsuit...i've never seen it before, and even if it was here i'm sure the address would have been blacked out. the address for the attorney for danica is a block away from me...like, i could go to the top of my street and see that office. aamof, i think it used to be a catering hall and i was there for something once. freaky!

25 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

so pickles has a pic up of the 'notice of removal filed' document in the josh/danica lawsuit...i've never seen it before, and even if it was here i'm sure the address would have been blacked out. the address for the attorney for danica is a block away from me...like, i could go to the top of my street and see that office. aamof, i think it used to be a catering hall and i was there for something once. freaky!

The filing is public record so no point in blacking out addresses.  It can be found on their website, the bar website, attorney databases soliciting clients, and the documents themselves.  

The document is pretty insignificant.  Its the filing to move the case from state to federal court.  Not all that sexy.

please tell me you all saw the newest promo 

evidently Flame had a concert and Ben appeared on stage with him to sing or whatever Ben does - how come no one knew this ahead of time.....come on - who wouldn't sneak in to see this...can't wait to see the snarky version 

Unless TLC paid for it and Flame is now fully on the TLC payroll - and only humpers were invited. 

I looked up Flame's website from last year and he was in some spots that Jessa and Ben were vacationing in 

and news about Derick - he gags when he runs so he goes to the doctor 

24 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I think Ben wants to be on stage, Flame wants to be on TV, and Derick's developed an allergy to Jim Bob.

Ben needs a storyline, Flame wants more fame from the duggars, and Derick is allergic to actual work and needs a storyline

real housewives of the duggars

So reading another thread and they have the promotional shot of them for the upcoming season.  Something looked off and when I enlarged it, saw it! 

Ummm WTF, seriously, Austin can't put his arm around her for a picture without Josiah's hand between them with everyone there as a 'chaperone'???   Plus, Josiah's hand is not in the best place ... awkward!

ETA:  sorry, meant to post this in Counting on Season Two!

wtf.jpg

@smoochie They're not allowed to hold hands before an engagement, even in a prayer circle. They are allowed a quick side hug when   courting 

Oh I know, but they're just standing there with his arm around her and not even intimately, BUT, Josiah has his hand between their bodies, like Austin's underarm might compromise her virtue!

Can anyone link me to a good place to start with the Josh/Danica law suit? Does it have to do with Joshley Madison or something else? Kinda hard to keep track :P

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived