IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen: Part 24- Duggars, Duvets and stuff

samurai_sarah

My theory of the boys being trained to take over the girls jobs appears to be correct.

Photo on Duggar Facebook page of 2  of the younger boys doing the dishes.

Gender stereotypes are ok until you run out of girls.  Then you train the boys and make it look like that was the plan all along.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bugaboo said:

DFO posted a video taken by Josiah of the littles and Izzy doing the mannequin challenge. They didn't do too bad!

I can only imagine their producers "Okay, guys! Gotta do this internet trend/meme to make you look #normal and #approachable! Just stand still and we're going to record it! #christiancool"

5 hours ago, Percy said:

My theory of the boys being trained to take over the girls jobs appears to be correct.

Photo on Duggar Facebook page of 2  of the younger boys doing the dishes.

Gender stereotypes are ok until you run out of girls.  Then you train the boys and make it look like that was the plan all along.

And I'm sure they'll use it as proof they don't oppress the girls. 

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I was about to be like omg with black beetles in the background?!

Ha I thought that! And then immediately thought they probably all froze in fear of being seen dancing.

I believe the dishes have been a boys' job for a long time.  I think there is an old pic of Jed and Jer doing them several years ago. 

On the lapsed/cultural/secular christian thing, where I live a larger proportion of people are referred to as à la carte catholics, meaning they look at the "menu" of catholic doctrine and choose only the bits that suit them.

5 hours ago, nst said:

TLC posted a new commercial with new images of everyone - with signs on Jessa and Jilll reading Expecting and both courting the twins idea 

link please

5 hours ago, jas said:

On the lapsed/cultural/secular christian thing, where I live a larger proportion of people are referred to as à la carte catholics, meaning they look at the "menu" of catholic doctrine and choose only the bits that suit them.

There's a similar term used where I'm from: "cafeteria Catholic".

31 minutes ago, Chicken bones said:

Just exactly what dishes are there to really do when they use disposable plates and have a commercial dishwasher?!

Well, there is the cooking and preparing process. I am assuming they don't order out a lot. Or, maybe they do.

On 12/27/2016 at 9:36 PM, Glasgowghirl said:

Poor kid, As bad as Michelle and Jim Bob are at least will have some stability with them and a lot of kids around him to play with. 

Stability? Nope. They're not running off to do conferences anymore like they used to, but I would not consider a family "stable" if they seem to have no routine for their kids beyond "get up and bounce off the walls/text your Special Friend/be your parents' slave", have a history of sexual and physical abuse, have been whoring their children out to reality TV for the past decade and continue to do so even after it became evident how damaging it was to them, and plainly neglect their children's education.

He has a roof over his head, playmates, enough food, and clean clothes, but sending an already vulnerable child to live with the Duggars is like sending a puppy to live with Michael Vick.

2 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Stability? Nope. They're not running off to do conferences anymore like they used to, but I would not consider a family "stable" if they seem to have no routine for their kids beyond "get up and bounce off the walls/text your Special Friend/be your parents' slave", have a history of sexual and physical abuse, have been whoring their children out to reality TV for the past decade and continue to do so even after it became evident how damaging it was to them, and plainly neglect their children's education.

He has a roof over his head, playmates, enough food, and clean clothes, but sending an already vulnerable child to live with the Duggars is like sending a puppy to live with Michael Vick.

Let me start by saying that I agree with you a hundred percent yet, at the same time, what you described above is remarkably better than I ever had as a child. Just the fact that he g ets food could be a blessing.

$200 and it looks like you're on your own for food. That's a lot to pay to listen to drivel. Women should always be joyfully available. :puke-huge:

On 12/29/2016 at 6:42 PM, Chicken bones said:

Just exactly what dishes are there to really do when they use disposable plates and have a commercial dishwasher?!

Maybe they rinse out the cans before throwing them away? lol

4 hours ago, Pasta said:

Five bucks says Bobchelle is fixing up that house to keep Joy close to home and not letting her move to the camp. 

Which house are they fixing up now? I am so out of the duggar loop.

5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

$200 and it looks like you're on your own for food. That's a lot to pay to listen to drivel. Women should always be joyfully available. :puke-huge:

The majority of the cost is the hotel. That place is expensive and the whole development pisses me off but that's another story.  I noticed they don't encourage you to leave the complex during your free time. I guess the rest of town is just too defrauding. 

On 12/29/2016 at 2:35 PM, jas said:

My family's type of Catholic. haha

Just checked out the Mannequin Challenge video. Why does Jennifer have bare feet? It's December, does it not get cold in NW Arkansas?

All that money for Boob and DQ to lecture me? And no free pizza? Goodbye.

I imagine as time goes by, the boy's have to pick up a lot of the slack. Boob and DQ may also need extra care as they enter advanced age. With all those kids, I'm sure someone will watch them, but it's going to be different.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived