IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen: Part 24- Duggars, Duvets and stuff

samurai_sarah

17 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

I do feel bad hating on Josie, its not her fault her mother pushed to have her and then she became the second coming. I bet she would be super embarassed if she was a teen and JB and Moochelle kept doting on her like she is the chosen one.

I also feel bad. She's just a kid, it's not her fault. 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

I bet she would be super embarassed if she was a teen and JB and Moochelle kept doting on her like she is the chosen one.

I have a family member who was spoiled in a similar way to Josie. Before her, her parents had a baby who died when he was a few months old, and then they had trouble having another baby so they adopted a baby girl. They gave her everything she wanted, and now, as an 18 year old, she's dealing with the reprecussions. She was never motivated to try in school and she gets super upset when things don't go her way (when she declared she wanted to lose weight, another family member told her that fad diets wouldn't do much, but eating healthy and excercising would help long term, she got pissed and stormed off). Being doted upon is all she's known and she basically refuses to be treated any differently.

Of course, there's a very good chance Josie won't end up like that. I'm just pointing out that she might not be embarrassed because it's all she's known, like the girl I mentioned. It's weird because while Josie is doted upon, she still is a girl in the fundie world. Yet, I can't picture her being forced to be a j'slave like her sisters. 

18 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I have a family member who was spoiled in a similar way to Josie. Before her, her parents had a baby who died when he was a few months old, and then they had trouble having another baby so they adopted a baby girl. They gave her everything she wanted, and now, as an 18 year old, she's dealing with the reprecussions. She was never motivated to try in school and she gets super upset when things don't go her way (when she declared she wanted to lose weight, another family member told her that fad diets wouldn't do much, but eating healthy and excercising would help long term, she got pissed and stormed off). Being doted upon is all she's known and she basically refuses to be treated any differently.

Of course, there's a very good chance Josie won't end up like that. I'm just pointing out that she might not be embarrassed because it's all she's known, like the girl I mentioned. It's weird because while Josie is doted upon, she still is a girl in the fundie world. Yet, I can't picture her being forced to be a j'slave like her sisters. 

Oh yes, even in some of my vast tv knowledge I have seen that narrative.

Arthur's Cousin Cora: Parents got mad at DW when Cora broke her own necklace.

And on Sex and the City when they go to Laney's baby shower and that one mom says how she tells her son "He is a God." 

Even in Real life I have seen this. Sure the kid isn't bratty per say but still she is hella entitled and acts like she should just be able to NOT work and go traveling. Heck, she even wants to be a self employed person and constantly says things like. "Tired of waiting on God to make things happen." blah blah blah.. 

I wonder how Josie feels about her new sort-of brother.  She's still the youngest girl, though she's not the newest kid, does she like him or not, does he acknowledge her at all (he hasn't spent years treating her as "miracle baby" with everyone else), or is he just another face in the crowd?

2 hours ago, ljohnson2006 said:

Happy Birthday Josie. Today should be no different for you, because you're always the center of the Duggar universe. 

Will she get an actually personalized social media birthday greeting or yet another "you love Jesus I guess, here's your cheap crappy sundae" post?

On the Duggar Facebook page there is a picture of Jed and friend making a meal.  They must realise that with Joy going the jobs needed reallocation.

1 hour ago, Percy said:

On the Duggar Facebook page there is a picture of Jed and friend making a meal.  They must realise that with Joy going the jobs needed reallocation.

Nah... CinderJana will take care of everything.

As for precious Josie the pro-life trophy child, it would be ironic if she's the one who rebels. I'm not directing my snark at Josie as a person, but rather at the way her parents seem to be coddling her. Agreed with previous posters' statements about how she can't help the circumstances under which she was born, or the fact that she was born a Duggar.

19 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Will she get an actually personalized social media birthday greeting or yet another "you love Jesus I guess, here's your cheap crappy sundae" post?

No birthday message. Very strange...

Maybe they've been reading here and know we'll snark on loves Jesus and servant's heart. They can't figure out what else to say about their precious miracle. Not snarking on Josie. It's not her fault.

31 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Maybe they've been reading here and know we'll snark on loves Jesus and servant's heart. They can't figure out what else to say about their precious miracle. Not snarking on Josie. It's not her fault.

It's not Josie's fault that her parents suck so hard that they know nothing about their children.  I won't snark on loving Jesus or a servants heart but they never add personal details. How hard would it be to say something like "Your laugh is infectious. When ever I hear you laugh my day is instantly brighter. "  But not in Duggar land 

On 12/10/2016 at 6:57 AM, Queen said:

@goldengrove I'm so sorry it happened to you. I guess the frequency in different places has a lot to do with social norms. Do women and children have the right to their own bodies, for example. In fundieland they clearly don't... 

Thank you :) that was long ago and far away...I worked hard, I survived. 

The south is so diverse, sadly still so willing to cover up or ignore abuse in some areas.  Children (and sometimes,  women), are often expected to be seen and not heard. I was a member of a prominent small town physician's family, and all sorts of abuse took place behind our closed doors.  Now I know that there were probably lots who saw the signs of this, and said/did nothing because of who my father was.  Hopefully this doesn't happen as much today...

I see that Jill did have time to bring up Jubilee's birthday 5 years ago today on Instagram. Complete with pictures of her tiny feet and hands.  But Josie gets no mention?

They'll probably lump Josie, Jordyn and Mack together. I guess now that Josie is over 6 she no longer gets the special miracle baby birthday announcement.

Wow, Josie is 7 now, and it's been 5 years since Jubilee. I guess Jichelle's uterus really is closed for good.

46 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

They'll probably lump Josie, Jordyn and Mack together. I guess now that Josie is over 6 she no longer gets the special miracle baby birthday announcement.

Wow, Josie is 7 now, and it's been 5 years since Jubilee. I guess Jichelle's uterus really is closed for good.

But, but but, the precious, blessed Special Week will end on the 18th at the stroke of midnight (Duggar Time). Then Jordyn will be 8, the Precious-Overkill Trinity will be broken for another year and all of them will transform back into ordinary, forgotten little girls. Except for Josie, who never.... oh but wait, WHERE TF IS HER BDAY MESSAGE?!

Praise the cat God! I only wish it had closed sooner!

13 hours ago, goldengrove said:

The south is so diverse, sadly still so willing to cover up or ignore abuse in some areas.

Abuse happens everywhere, and is covered up everywhere, not just the "South."

53 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Praise the cat God! I only wish it had closed sooner!

It probably caved in on itself, the poor thing. There should be a sort of reverse holiday, everyone required to use birth control for 24 hours :D

Tyler has been popping up in more of the family pictures. I don't remember if anyone discussed it before, but do you think Mullet and Dim Wit pulled him out of public school and homeschool him now? I'm thinking back to my GAL internship and wondering how well that would go over with the judge. I hope not. Hard enough being without parents. Imagine losing all your connections to the life you once knew. 

9 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Tyler has been popping up in more of the family pictures. I don't remember if anyone discussed it before, but do you think Mullet and Dim Wit pulled him out of public school and homeschool him now? I'm thinking back to my GAL internship and wondering how well that would go over with the judge. I hope not. Hard enough being without parents. Imagine losing all your connections to the life you once knew. 

I hope that they wouldn't be allowed to do that. Like you said bad enough for Tyler to lose his parents, he doesn't need to start being only with his cousins. 

Either way, it will be weird for Tyler. He would be the only kid going to school and doing homework. Also, school doesn't run on Duggar time. I could see him being late a lot.

If it's SOTDRT, he would be really confused. I don't think bankruptcy is covered in public school. I know they do online computer classes, but it's got to be pretty limited.

18 hours ago, ToriT said:

I see that Jill did have time to bring up Jubilee's birthday 5 years ago today on Instagram. Complete with pictures of her tiny feet and hands.  But Josie gets no mention?

I thought this was truly crappy. Let Josie have a birthday. It's sad to lose a child--I'm not mocking that even for the Duggars. But you can plaster this all over everywhere, but not give the kid who lived her birthday greeting?

I feel so gross every time they bring up Jubilee. It is sad to lose a wanted child, and everyone has the right to mourn. However, the way they do it seems so showy and holier than thou. I feel like they are parading that miscarriage around like it is irrefutable proof that abortion is murder. Its just so wrong.

On 12/10/2016 at 4:56 PM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

As for precious Josie the pro-life trophy child

How do they use Josie as a pro-life statement? She was a premature baby, she was past viability. It's not like the Duggars could have said "hey don't save her" about a 25 week baby, or that ANYONE whose baby is relatively healthy at that gestation would say that. I assume they think people are aborting perfectly healthy fetuses at all gestations... Ugh.

16 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Josie is 7 now, and it's been 5 years since Jubilee. I guess Jichelle's uterus really is closed for good.

I bet after the Jubilee situation they decided that even if Michelle got pregnant again, they wouldn't announce it until they were past viability. She could be having early losses, of also completely normal to just not get pregnant at all at her age. I hope shop is just closed, I wouldn't want anyone (even Michelle) to have to experience repeated loss.

5 minutes ago, BackseatMom said:

I feel so gross every time they bring up Jubilee. It is sad to lose a wanted child, and everyone has the right to mourn. However, the way they do it seems so showy and holier than thou. I feel like they are parading that miscarriage around like it is irrefutable proof that abortion is murder. Its just so wrong.

I feel like this is very colored by the fact that it's the Duggars doing it. I have friends who have lost babies to miscarriage, stillbirth and prematurity and some of them do post photos and talk about their losses on their dates. It's public remembrance, mourning, and asking for support. No one wants their child forgotten.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived