IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

I really loved the birthday post and the pictures that went with them. I saw old pictures of the singer Donny Osmond and his brothers years ago. Their was a picture of the oldest one (who is partly deaf) with some of the younger kids and the picture of Nathan reading to his younger siblings reminded me of the one of the pictures I saw. 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw an Operation Christmas Child sticker on a car the other day. First time I encountered this outside of Maxhell - then I found out one of the churches in my community (which I perceived as being kind of progressive) sends boxes as well. Is this thing actually growing? Do people not see that Franklin Graham is a racist charlatan?

1 hour ago, Crocoduck said:

I saw an Operation Christmas Child sticker on a car the other day. First time I encountered this outside of Maxhell - then I found out one of the churches in my community (which I perceived as being kind of progressive) sends boxes as well. Is this thing actually growing? Do people not see that Franklin Graham is a racist charlatan?

I don't think people really look or think that deeply into the whole OCC. They see it as a fairly inexpensive way to do something nice for people abroad who might not have a Christmas otherwise and that's about it. I know some people who do OCC and probably have no clue about the Franklin Graham connection. Honestly I don't think they even see it as a conversion thing. They genuinely believe they're doing something good for someone else, which makes it all the more difficult to persuade them otherwise. 

Personally, I'm a big believer in charity beginning at home so while I do donate to charities overseas (after vetting them online), I give mostly to my local area. At some point I'd like to do an Angel Tree thing again, but I didn't really have the money this year.

Typical Sarah..."more later". Any takers on whether that will happen or not? I can't imagine it hooks any readers. Their world just kills me. 

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Typical Sarah..."more later". Any takers on whether that will happen or not? I can't imagine it hooks any readers. Their world just kills me. 

This is a rare occassion where "more later" will result in "more". I can see her not wanting to do a longer blog entry when she is on the road,  possibly using a mobile phone, and has the opportunity to interact with people who aren't in her own family.

I bet the "friends" Poor, Goofy, and Scary are staying with are the same ones they stayed with on what some might call a vacation in Aug.   I think I saw the parents in the top pic. Interesting they all got to be on the same team.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 0:25 PM, Dandruff said:

I'm sure that mandatory prayer can fill any "free" time between chores.

I'd call it compulsory prayer.

4 hours ago, Granwych said:

I'd call it compulsory prayer.

They mean the same thing.

That is one big-ass duck in the first photo.

58 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

They mean the same thing.

That is one big-ass duck in the first photo.

C & P'd from differencebetween.com:

Anything that is mandatory has the quality of binding the doer to the work.

• Anything that is compulsory has to be essentially done without postponement.

Regarding inservices at work, one could usually blow off a "mandatory" one, whereas a "compulsory" one had to be completed in order to continue at the job.

In general, I found 99% of inservices to be insufferable,  kind of like a Maxwell lecture, book, or wedding picture exhibit.

Ah ok. I'd always been under the impression that they basically meant the same thing. 

Mary and Anna are BOTH wearing plaid shirts. It's catching!

I just checked for a new post and ended up scrolling down to the birthday post again. Looking at the photo of Sarah with a baby on her hip, it struck me that she had no idea at the time that she'd never get to grow up to be a wife and mother. While that's fine for those who don't want that, it IS what she was trained for. She probably had it pounded into her head daily that she would someday have a husband and children of her own. She probably loved the thought of that. 

Now?  Nothing. She actually hasn't even been allowed to grow up. I wonder if she looks at old photos and thinks "WHAT HAPPENED....?" 

Steve has so ruined his children and those photos make me more sad every time I look at them. 

Those two Operation Christmas Box posts are really creepy. Something about dolls in boxes...

I hadn't caught up with the death of 1tonRamp. What happened?

@Trynn that is so sad.  I think you have a lot of talent as a writer - and your Dad's attitude sucks.  On the math, have you ever been tested for dyscalculia?  There are strategies these days that can help people cope better.  

FWIW, I always struggled with math too, had major math anxiety, and was told I was lazy and not trying when I was working my butt off in math.  I've been told as an adult that I might have mild undiagnosed dyscalculia.  I do know that when people were complaining about Common Core math, I  pointed out that the way some concepts were presented there was the first time I understood them.

I am trying to get diagnosed, but my university isn't good at getting back to me, and I have super hardcore anxiety about making phone calls myself. I am trying, but whenever I try to make phone calls, my heart starts racing and my palms get wet.... etc etc. I really do just need to be like, test me dangit.

Because last semester my math teacher wouldn't help me at all, because have a math lab. but all they did in math lab was confuse the crap out of me.

I think what happened with 1tonramp is that nobody was taking the courses, because the Maxhellions are a good decade behind the times, and that's being generous.

Just read the birthday post. What is Sarah wearing? It looks like a hospital gown. But my god, she actually looks.... normal and happy. Aside from the hospital gown.

19 minutes ago, Trynn said:

I am trying to get diagnosed, but my university isn't good at getting back to me, and I have super hardcore anxiety about making phone calls myself. I am trying, but whenever I try to make phone calls, my heart starts racing and my palms get wet.... etc etc. I really do just need to be like, test me dangit.

Because last semester my math teacher wouldn't help me at all, because have a math lab. but all they did in math lab was confuse the crap out of me.

I'm sorry.  Have a cyber hug.  Do try to persevere and get tested although I know it's hard.  

21 minutes ago, Trynn said:

I think what happened with 1tonramp is that nobody was taking the courses, because the Maxhellions are a good decade behind the times, and that's being generous.

I agree.  There was nothing in those courses that people couldn't learn elsewhere for a lot less money.

36 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm sorry.  Have a cyber hug.  Do try to persevere and get tested although I know it's hard.  

I agree.  There was nothing in those courses that people couldn't learn elsewhere for a lot less money.

Thank you:) I'll do it eventually, I'm sure. Right now I need to focus on exams, though.

That's the thing. Even though their content is all stuff one could learn for free elsewhere, they still could have managed if they were better at actually communicating with people and better at marketing. But with the whole "we do not talk to women" and "save pennies in a jar" mindset, they came across as unpersonable, if that's a word, and that doesn't help their brand at all.

17 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Crazy isolationist Christians were the only ones taking the courses. Since there are fortunately a small number of them, relatively speaking, they lost their demographics in short order.

Most people with brains who are willing to pay money for courses will do so through an accredited program so that it applies to their career. A random computer class by some random people online isn't resume material. 

On 12/7/2016 at 8:59 PM, fundiefan said:

Typical Sarah..."more later". Any takers on whether that will happen or not? I can't imagine it hooks any readers. Their world just kills me

That might be the idea.  You then get to experience death.  Do you know where you'll go when you die?

The latest OCC post shows dinner with their 'friends'. Definitely looks like Jesse sitting next to Mary.

Sad, but not surprising, that the 'girls' had a chaperone.

I knew it!  It's the same fan damily they stayed with on what some might call a vacation.  And yes that is Forgotten Jesse.  Poor Sarah is fucking 34 years old and her chaperone is 12 years younger.  They  should have had him take the pic so we would never know.  Maybe he is courting someone in the J family. Gotta go, going to a dinner party later so I'm anti fasting.

Just saw the dinner photo with Jesse. That made me incredibly sad to think the 3 ladies couldn't have a mini-break from the family.  What is wrong with these people? 3 grown women can't even have a sister vacation.

48 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Just saw the dinner photo with Jesse. That made me incredibly sad to think the 3 ladies couldn't have a mini-break from the family.  What is wrong with these people? 3 grown women can't even have a sister vacation.

It's really sad that a male who is 12 years younger has to chaperone Sarah. How sad and demoralizing, even if it's the only thing she knows and remembers. 

Oh man, to be an introvert in a fundie world would be awful. Women need to be protected because men are lustful horndogs so therefore shouldn't be left alone and men can't be left alone because there lustful thoughts can get them in trouble. I can't imagine never being able to have the house to myself or having to go to the store or vacations always with someone. 

33 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I agree that it's terribly sad that three adult women, especially ones on their way to volunteer at a religious charity event, aren't trusted.

What I wonder, though, is why wasn't Jesse mentioned? We saw photos of the girls, and only their names were mentioned on the blog as having been on the road trip. They said that Sarah was replacing Teri. It's not enough to have Sarah chaperone and take Terri's place? They needed a penis along since their mother couldn't ride shotgun to keep them in line? Who knows, without proper supervision they may have ordered whipped cream, or--gasp--sprinkles on their Starbucks treats.

As other posters have mentioned, I do think he may be courting. Why else keep his presence under the radar? Maybe it's a lie by omission: perhaps he didn't volunteer at OCC, so they weren't really lying when they didn't mention him. Maybe he spent his time with their host family, getting to know someone a little better. "What's your favorite psalm?" *giggle giggle* "No, what's your favorite psalm?"

It honestly makes no sense to me, though, to show him in pictures but neglect to mention he was on the trip. Maxwell logic, or lack thereof, makes my head swim.

4 hours ago, Jecca said:

The latest OCC post shows dinner with their 'friends'. Definitely looks like Jesse sitting next to Mary.

Sad, but not surprising, that the 'girls' had a chaperone.

That is definitely Jesse.

Sad Maxwells lying. What a miserable existence they must have when they have to go out of their way to tell lies - and even worse that Sarah wasn't warned quite sharply enough to keep their chaperone out of pictures for evidence.

I'm laughing out loud, for real. 

She has to think of herself that way. Otherwise, she'd have to admit that her life is going nowhere, that she won't marry or have children. 

I have to admit, though, I have a hard time seeing Sarah as a contemporary, even though she's only 2 years older than I am. There's something about her that just feels younger, and it's not that I am married, a mother, went to college and have a career. I think it's that I have accepted adultedhood and it's responsiblities and she really hasn't. 

Not that she's been allowed to, per se, but I think at this point in her life, she could break free if she wanted to. There are resources out there for her, there are family members she could go to.

Steve has a terrible hold of her that makes her this way. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived