IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

18 hours ago, BemusedByFundamentalism said:

That is just so bizarre!! My brain is thinking so many things right now, I don't even know where to start :pufff:.

I know!  My mind is boggling!  (Again.  It seems to do that a lot here, I'll need to find a good emoji for it).

Why, God?!  :my_huh:

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/12/2016 at 5:20 AM, uber frau said:

The Maxwells being the Maxwells though, I think they'd keep any courtships well under wraps.  The first thing most of us would know about anything would be a post announcing that one of the kids was married.  Thet were pretty damn careful to keeep the smallest hints off the blog last time.

The supposed need for a male chaperone seems to be a very big deal in some (but certainly not all) familes.  I saw a post where a twelve year old boy chaperoned his 50 yr old mother and his older sister on a trip across the state to visit his married sister and her in laws.  I've seen another where an 8 yo accompanied his mother and his older sisters (aged between mid teens and early twenties) for a 'girl's weekend' at the beach.

It reminds me of the mahram system in Saudi Arabia, where by law a  woman needs to be accompanied by a male relative when she travels. And yet if you even mention Sharia law near white Christian fundies, they practically have strokes from rage.

39 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Nathan ordered a pizza for dinner.  How exciting, Sarah.

Was Melanie wondering about whether to remind him to do so? Or did she just think to keep sweet and trust on the Lord to remind him?

It's because they don't want another Elizabeth Munck situation. Can't have their darlings giving away pieces of their heart and all.

I almost bought a moody book the other day.... Even used, they're kind of expensive. I'll wait till January.

1 hour ago, Trynn said:

It's because they don't want another Elizabeth Munck situation. Can't have their darlings giving away pieces of their heart and all.

I almost bought a moody book the other day.... Even used, they're kind of expensive. I'll wait till January.

Even used, they're still as bad.

21 hours ago, Fluffles said:

I certainly wouldn't be so rude as to run and hide. Being the good Catholic I am:my_angel:, I would throw open the door widely and invite them in. I would introduce them to all my statues of our many saints. There's one for every day of the year - depending on their birthdays, I would bequeath them with a prayer card for their personal saint. Then i would sprinkle them liberally with holy water before asking them to pray 5 decades of the rosary with me - there's a special sorrowful decade  for Steve. As they are racing down the drive way, I could recite an act of contrition to absolve them of all their sins and guarantee their safe passage to Heaven - that would really piss Steve off:pb_lol:

Reveal hidden contents

Okay, this is off-topic, but this non-Catholic wants to know: what's a decade of the rosary?  I know what the rosary is, and I've heard the phrase "decade of the rosary" but I assume you're not reciting it for ten years straight, so I'm confused.

5 minutes ago, meee said:

Okay, this is off-topic, but this non-Catholic wants to know: what's a decade of the rosary?  I know what the rosary is, and I've heard the phrase "decade of the rosary" but I assume you're not reciting it for ten years straight, so I'm confused.

There are sixty five prayers in a Catholic rosary. The main part of the rosary string involves five sets of ten prayers, Hail Marys, and one set of ten  is called a "decade".. 

It starts with the crucifix at the end. Apostle's Creed.

First bead. Our Father

Next three Hail Mary.

next bead Glory be

Then Our Father, then ten Hail Marys, then one Glory be/Our Father on one bead, then ten Hail Marys, repeat until you get to the end.

then Glory Be, Memorare, the end.

Interesting how they brag about the kids being so advanced when Abby spelled a second grade level word wrong at age nine. No diss to her, she can't know without being taught, and how well can that go with three younger siblings and a sick, pregnant mom? 

I know people who received excellent home schooling, but I don't count the Maxwells among them.

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Was Melanie wondering about whether to remind him to do so? Or did she just think to keep sweet and trust on the Lord to remind him?

Sorry about the usmcmom line above. Can't figure how to delete. 

One bright item -- Abby apparently is learning D'Nealian handwriting. The little upturned strokes help the child transition into cursive. 

That's all I got. The rest of that item saddens me. Something about the photo strongly triggers memories of sad times. Probably time for another Maxwell break, y'all. Anti-fast for me over the holidays!!!!

36 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

That note is very oddly worded.

It's a Maxwell thing. We've seen it with Teri, Sarah, Mary and now Abby too. I feel sorry for those kids receiving such a crap education.

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

That note is very oddly worded.

Stay back w(h)ere you are almost seems like a threat.

I guess since they expected Melanie to make dinner that means she's not on bed rest, at least not yet.  She's moving into her last trimester I think, right?

I sure hope they don't stick her with that sink full of dishes.

It strikes me how they're not even ashamed to put that note by a 9 yo up on the internet for everyone to see.

Surely everyone with a 9 yo will compare it to their own offspring and go, thank God I send them to public school, at least they're learning to write in between all those "atheism and abortion" classes public school is well-known for.

Then again they probably think slaves, pardon me, servants, don't need to write in the first place. Cooking, breeding and the occasional spot of cleaning and that's it.

I'm sorry, I've been out of the Maxwell loop but this one line from Sarah just knocked me into last week. 

Nathan was ordering in pizza tonight for Melanie (remember I told you he does those kinds of things?!)

Like...a person? Like a person who eats pizza sometimes? Like every average american? Like my boyfriend did just last week? Like I did probably 50 times in college?

But it's so thoughtful! He relieved her of wifely duties of making dinner. What a prince among men! Not that he made food, people with penises don't do that. But they can call other people and have them do it, and should be richly praised for that.

8 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Susan says:

December 17, 2016 at 4:25 pm

What a sweet blessed thing to do! And we adore the sign.

I hope Nathan didn’t forget to order the pizza!

Happy Christmas blessings
Susan 

>>>>>>>>>>>>
Pizza arrived just great!

:my_biggrin:

9 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Nathan ordered a pizza for dinner.  How exciting, Sarah.

Men of the world take note. Not women. Nathan does those kinds of things...what kinds, I presume picking up the phone & telling the person who answered that he wants pizza? It's not like it's something people do hundreds of times in their lives. Only that kind of guy does it.

Women, no pizza for you unless you have that kind of guy.

I swear to the Maxwell god, we have got to be being punk'd.

Also, I ordered pizza last night, as well as garlic bread, because I ama better woman than that kind of guy.

I get the horrible feeling that Abbi is going to be the Sarah of her family. She is only 9yrs old, but already acts older and seems to take on a lot of household duties and looking after her siblings. She always struck me as the serious one of the girls, as if she is desperately trying to act responsible and mature to earn the praise of the other grown ups. Soon she will be the oldest of 5 kids - how much freedom and education do you think she will have? I also think that Melanie is becoming more and more fundie. I had hope for this side of the Maxwell clan, but that is sadly fading

Definitely woke up from a nap because of a Maxwell nightmare I was having, which is a first for me. I went carroling at their home and they invited me in to their house and I tried to do my best to "keep sweet" over tea and dessert and speak about God but I had enough, and when I was getting up I burned myself with the tea and swore a ton, looked back and saw their faces in horror and walked out the front door. 

1 hour ago, Fluffles said:

I get the horrible feeling that Abbi is going to be the Sarah of her family. She is only 9yrs old, but already acts older and seems to take on a lot of household duties and looking after her siblings. She always struck me as the serious one of the girls, as if she is desperately trying to act responsible and mature to earn the praise of the other grown ups. Soon she will be the oldest of 5 kids - how much freedom and education do you think she will have? I also think that Melanie is becoming more and more fundie. I had hope for this side of the Maxwell clan, but that is sadly fading

I think she's more serious and more responsible probably out of necessity, sort of like Sarah. Abby has had to deal with a mother who has been on bedrest for at least 3 of her pregnancies since Abby was born so that's probably at least 18 months. 18 months of someone who is only 9 is a long time. Not unlike Sarah who had to deal with the kids and household while Teri "prayed away her depression". It's a sad history to be repeating. 

9 hours ago, kpmom said:

I guess since they expected Melanie to make dinner that means she's not on bed rest, at least not yet.  She's moving into her last trimester I think, right?

She's got a little over 11 weeks left, due 3/6/2017.

9 hours ago, Foudeb said:

It strikes me how they're not even ashamed to put that note by a 9 yo up on the internet for everyone to see.

Surely everyone with a 9 yo will compare it to their own offspring and go, thank God I send them to public school, at least they're learning to write in between all those "atheism and abortion" classes public school is well-known for.

Then again they probably think slaves, pardon me, servants, don't need to write in the first place. Cooking, breeding and the occasional spot of cleaning and that's it.

When I saw the note, I assumed one of the little girls had written it. Poor Abby! If this note is any indication, this kid is two grade levels behind where she should be.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived