IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stevie, dear, let me get this straight: if a person enjoys a certain musical instrument and plays it well, it's an idol and needs to be removed. But when it's all about the Operation Fucking Christmas Child for the whole damn autumn (starting actually on July 4th with an inbred fund raising breakfast) that's not an idol but something were are treated on the blog over and over and over again. Yeah, right.

Count me in for the Jesse courting theory. It could be that his three sisters are actually the chaperones for him, not the other way around - can't bee too careful, there might be sinful hand-holding or even (gasp, shock) talking freely in private if no one's there to watch over young love.

What resources does Sarah have? Does she have non fundy family? It's not as easy to leave one's parents' house as all that, if the parents are unsupportive. Especially if they won't allow her to have a job where she has control of her own money, leaving would be next to impossible. 

6 minutes ago, Trynn said:

What resources does Sarah have? Does she have non fundy family? It's not as easy to leave one's parents' house as all that, if the parents are unsupportive. Especially if they won't allow her to have a job where she has control of her own money, leaving would be next to impossible. 

Thanks to Steve Sarah dosen't know much about the outside world.  He has brainwashed her do badly that even if she wanted to leave I don't think she has s place to go. 

I don't understand why it is ok for them them to volunteer for this religious organization but not others in their own area. It is obviously something they like doing and probably look forward to the change in schedule. I bet the would jump at the chance to volunteer near home regularly. Maybe Steve thinks it's not a good idea to volunteer where they are more likely to run into the same people in the grocery store, Home Depot, etc. Too much of a chance of building a friendship. 

I know it's all about everyone wanting to save the Maxwell women but I feel for Jesse too: He always seems like an afterthought. All the other precious son spots are taken, so he is just the spare. Jesse may have been the chaperone on the trip but he probably looked forward to being out of the house as well. 

Sarah has Teri's sister Tami and Steve's two sisters. At this point, she likely has a bank account she has some access to with her savings from the books. She could easily get her own bank account. I imagine that she's trusted enough to have access to her own records and IDs - she has been known to drive alone. 

But Steve's hold of her is just so complete that she can't leave. She can't think of herself as capable of doing so, because in her mind she is very much a child and not an adult. 

Did Poor have a chaperone when she went to see her "country" friend?

BTW anti-fast was great last nite.  Had sirloin steak and fried shrimp with side salad, steak fries washed down with Bud Light.

Tsk tsk ladies.. don't you know Starbucks basically funds gay witches who preform abortions?? :naughty:

Lol but seriously I would think Maxwells would boycott Starbucks due to their very liberal views? Anyhoo Gods I feel bad for the eldest. She's gonna be almost forty and no husband. .wow she's gonna be another Nancy Leigh demoss. Oh the plus side though Sarah Malley will be glad to chat with her as apparently her Prince Charming hasn't shown up either.

You know, you would think with Fundie movies like Princess Cut (marriage is the ultimate) and arseholes like Geoff Botkin with his 100 year plan, which is failing allready lol. You would think that daddy dearest's would be out there searching far and wide for a husband for their precious purity princesses? But no, I find that they just keep them locked away or the daughters have figured out what hopefully Jana Duggar has. The longer you wait, the less babehs. 

IMG_3870-1.jpg

Fuck that's an awful lot of prosteletising. Can't they just do nice things for people without it having to be all about jesus fucking christ? Wouldn't want to *gasp* make him an idol now, would we Stevo?

21 hours ago, Foudeb said:

Count me in for the Jesse courting theory. It could be that his three sisters are actually the chaperones for him, not the other way around - can't bee too careful, there might be sinful hand-holding or even (gasp, shock) talking freely in private if no one's there to watch over young love.

The Maxwells being the Maxwells though, I think they'd keep any courtships well under wraps.  The first thing most of us would know about anything would be a post announcing that one of the kids was married.  Thet were pretty damn careful to keeep the smallest hints off the blog last time.

The supposed need for a male chaperone seems to be a very big deal in some (but certainly not all) familes.  I saw a post where a twelve year old boy chaperoned his 50 yr old mother and his older sister on a trip across the state to visit his married sister and her in laws.  I've seen another where an 8 yo accompanied his mother and his older sisters (aged between mid teens and early twenties) for a 'girl's weekend' at the beach.

9 hours ago, uber frau said:

The Maxwells being the Maxwells though, I think they'd keep any courtships well under wraps.  The first thing most of us would know about anything would be a post announcing that one of the kids was married.  Thet were pretty damn careful to keeep the smallest hints off the blog last time.

The supposed need for a male chaperone seems to be a very big deal in some (but certainly not all) familes.  I saw a post where a twelve year old boy chaperoned his 50 yr old mother and his older sister on a trip across the state to visit his married sister and her in laws.  I've seen another where an 8 yo accompanied his mother and his older sisters (aged between mid teens and early twenties) for a 'girl's weekend' at the beach.

That's disturbing to say the least 

Only in Fundie Land could a child be saddled with adult responsibilities only to turn around and get treated like a child as an adult.

On 12/12/2016 at 7:58 PM, SPHASH said:

Only in Fundie Land could a child be saddled with adult responsibilities only to turn around and get treated like a child as an adult.

*Insert picture of soon to be 27 YO Jana Duggar*

New post up.  They went to a Christmas concert on Sunday.  Next Sunday they will be caterwauling through the neighborhood.  Thanks for the heads up Poor Sarah,  now the neighbors can turn out their lights and pretend their not home.

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  They went to a Christmas concert on Sunday.  Next Sunday they will be caterwauling through the neighborhood.  Thanks for the heads up Poor Sarah,  now the neighbors can turn out their lights and pretend their not home.

What do the neighbors think?  Harmless nuts?  Scary and to be actively avoided?  Are local businesses extra busy on caroling night?

3 hours ago, 16strong said:

Who is the person beside Jesse that is taking the photo?

I assumed they were still in Colorado (that's where they're doing the OCC thing I think, right?) so maybe it's a member of the family they're staying with?

14 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Heh. Turn about is fair play. The Maxwells turn out their lights and hide on Halloween; their neighbors do it to them at Christmas. 

There must be lots of dropping to the floor and crawling behind the sofa in that neighborhood. 

Meh. I wouldn't run & hide. I'd answer the door and say No Thanks.

I'd let them know they're not wanted instead of allowing them to think "oh, no one is home".

I am, however, completely over the whole 'show up at someone's door to sell your own agenda' thing, whether it's fundies of any religion or brand, sales, politics, whatever is floating someone else's boat. My door existing is not an invitation and I will tell you.

Getting older means I have done my time appeasing people and am not appeasing myself.

That said, apparently they do have neighbors who listen; we've seen pictures (year after year after year). Whether it's out of sympathy, not wanting to be rude or actual enjoyment is something we will never know.

I certainly wouldn't be so rude as to run and hide. Being the good Catholic I am:my_angel:, I would throw open the door widely and invite them in. I would introduce them to all my statues of our many saints. There's one for every day of the year - depending on their birthdays, I would bequeath them with a prayer card for their personal saint. Then i would sprinkle them liberally with holy water before asking them to pray 5 decades of the rosary with me - there's a special sorrowful decade  for Steve. As they are racing down the drive way, I could recite an act of contrition to absolve them of all their sins and guarantee their safe passage to Heaven - that would really piss Steve off:pb_lol:

Spoiler

On 12-12-2016 at 11:20 AM, uber frau said:

That is just so bizarre!! My brain is thinking so many things right now, I don't even know where to start :pufff:.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived