IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel- Part 5

samurai_sarah

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

On Twitter Raquel is claiming that she was at a party talking to a guy and another guy came up and told them he wanted them to get married right then. 

I assume the alcohol was flowing freely...?

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, xRoo said:

She is drinking wine by herself and taking videos of herself dancing tonight. And apparently moving. Lots of eyerolling over here.

Why would anyone post a dancing selfie like that? Is she trying to give her reader motion sickness?

Does that mean that she's over whatever illness she had while working the other day?  I understand the need to go to work while sick to pay bills.  I've been there.  But to advertise that you were at work in a job touching things people consume while you were sick (and a cold qualifies) in just - ick.  

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Does that mean that she's over whatever illness she had while working the other day?  I understand the need to go to work while sick to pay bills.  I've been there.  But to advertise that you were at work in a job touching things people consume while you were sick (and a cold qualifies) in just - ick.  

Yeah, she acted like she was terrible sick with a cold. Not exactly something you want to hear from a person serving other people things they will eat/drink. 

But I'm guessing she wasn't nearly as sick as she claimed. 

I can't believe that a couple years ago, I argued that her attention-whoring was just a juvenile teenage phase and she'd grow out of it.  

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

But I'm guessing she wasn't nearly as sick as she claimed. 

Maybe her "illness" came out of a wine bottle. She does seem to be into wine lately. And no way the random "You two should get married" guy wasn't drunk.

Im willing to bet she gets a decent grade in the class and brags soon about passing it at all and how hard it was, and highlights her 97 one more time.

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

No word about her writing class after that first paper. It ends this week. 

Rachel's satisfaction with her easy A intro paper (which I only read about here because when it comes to student work, I give at the office), reminded me of an experience a couple of years ago.

I teach what's basically an "Improve Your Writing" class at a local university. One assignment is to take an already-written piece that you know has issues and figure out how to make it better. Students are supposed to zero in on one persistent problem in their writing, get feedback from me, find resources that are helpful for their own learning style, revise the paper, and then present to the class on the resources they used and the insights they gained.

So this young, avid reader and eager writer came to my office hours to say she couldn't figure out how to do the assignment because her writing was pretty much perfect. Sure enough, the paper she showed me had the commas in the right places and the subjects matched up with the verbs. I could imagine her AP English teacher's relief as she turned her attention to the kid who is still cranking out run-ons and fragments. The problem was that her writing was the verbal equivalent of the decor at Trump Tower--too much of everything. Too many phrases, too many clauses, too many adjectives, too many 50-dollar words gilded over not enough content.

The good thing was that she really did love language and communication more than she loved praise. We talked about pacing and about matching vocabulary to purpose, and she dove into her rewrite. She even wrote me a thank-you letter at the end of the quarter. I wish Rachel's comp teacher the same happy ending. I don't follow Rachel enough to know what I wish for her.

Based on her instagram post it sounds like she thought city lights make it impossible to see a single star at night. Is that the case anywhere? I lived in downtown portland and never had a problem seeing a lot of stars. You just cant see all of them....

18 minutes ago, xRoo said:

Based on her instagram post it sounds like she thought city lights make it impossible to see a single star at night. Is that the case anywhere? I lived in downtown portland and never had a problem seeing a lot of stars. You just cant see all of them....

Depends on how much ambient light. If you live in an area with a lot of light up signs,  street lamps, etc, you won't see much. Really, it's just an excuse for her to crow about how special she is and how much Jesus loves her, same as always.

Oh god, I finally read it. I teach a first year writing program at a university...That would get a C or B- here.

Her class is over. I hope someone asks her on ask.fm what grade she got and if she is going to take more next semester. Clearly her other papers didn't get such high grades or she would have made sure to tell the entire world. 

How many times has she moved this year? This is the third time since April, right? I wonder if she still has roommates. I bet she was a pain to live with. 

I don't know much about Raquel beyond her chronic immaturity, but I can't imagine how bad it would be to have someone like her for a roommate.  

My friends and I play a game when we have gripes about coworkers, neighbors, etc:  Would you rather be locked in a room for an entire day with _______ or _______?  Here's one-- Raquel, or John Shrader?

2 hours ago, catlady said:

My friends and I play a game when we have gripes about coworkers, neighbors, etc:  Would you rather be locked in a room for an entire day with _______ or _______?  Here's one-- Raquel, or John Shrader?

Ha!  Would you rather have to listen to Racquel on love and writing, or to Jill Rodriguez trying to sell you Plexus?

3 hours ago, catlady said:

I don't know much about Raquel beyond her chronic immaturity, but I can't imagine how bad it would be to have someone like her for a roommate.  

56 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Ha!  Would you rather have to listen to Racquel on love and writing, or to Jill Rodriguez trying to sell you Plexus?

These are hard! I think I would pick a day with John Shrader just so I could annoy him by continually bringing up the plane. I can't decide who would be worse to listen to Raquel or Jill Rod. 

Who would you rather have as a roommate for half a year, Raquel or Jill Rodriguez? 

Just now, formergothardite said:

Who would you rather have as a roommate for half a year, Raquel or Jill Rodriguez? 

Jill, because she'd be out on the road so much in the RV!  I'd just have to go and stay with friends when she was back :-D

Jill, I suspect, would also be big on keeping things clean. Raquel seems like the type who would just toss stuff everywhere. 

9 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'd need to hear Raquel's voice before deciding. Jill's would be a challenge.

I think for 6 months I'd take Jill too. She's a narcissist, but something of a neat freak and relatively more mature. But for a day, I'd take Raquel because she'd focus on herself where John would probably not shut up about what a sinner I am. 

Raquel's latest blog is about how hard 2016 has been and how she does all these things she shouldn't do, but it doesn't matter because of God's grace makes her perfect no matter what she does and she tries, kind of. God gave her a room closer to her job. No mention of her writing class. 

23 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

I'd need to hear Raquel's voice before deciding. Jill's would be a challenge.

Not sure what she means by God coming through "at the last minute" in this case. Was she being kicked out of her previous living arrangement? And if she thinks a last minute rescue is how it's supposed to work, well, that says more about her complete lack of planning than it does about her God.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived