IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel- Part 5

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Oh great, now she is tweeting a quote about how if he won't allow her to be the love of his life she will be the loss of his life. :roll:This is where she needs to have a friend who tells her that stuff like that doesn't make guys want to come back, it just makes them thankful for the breakup. 

As per usual, Raquel thinks she's all that and a bag of chips. :P

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Oh great, now she is tweeting a quote about how if he won't allow her to be the love of his life she will be the loss of his life. :roll:This is where she needs to have a friend who tells her that stuff like that doesn't make guys want to come back, it just makes them thankful for the breakup. 

It's not just desperate. It's creepy. You just know she's one of those people who is constantly checking her ex's FB, twitter, etc, to see if she was mentioned. 

uh where's she been??? plenty of human guys out there starting fights because they're jealous ...

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Maybe one of those rules books that I used to hate in the nineties... those that said you have to play hard to get and pretend not to be interested  in a guy even if you are,  don't call him first, always be the first to end the date or call, don't be too available, make him work toget you and not the other way around...

It was before Twitter but pretty sure they'd have said don't retweet lovesick quotes about him if they'd thought about it.

I thought the books were a bit sexist and annoying and they were definitely not how I met my husband but maybe some hints would  come in handy here.

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

uh where's she been??? plenty of human guys out there starting fights because they're jealous ...

And it's super creepy when they do. Violence and treating women like posessions are not good method to "win her back."

Her latest tweet: 

Stay away from people who make you believe you are "too hard to love".

My biggest frustration with Raquel is that she takes ever critique of her as an attack. Any attempt to help her grow is met with active resistence. You don't have to change every time someone says your behavior is less than ideal, but you should at least stop and consider if they have a point  or not.

On 21/01/2017 at 6:02 AM, Terrie said:

Her latest tweet: 

My biggest frustration with Raquel is that she takes ever critique of her as an attack. Any attempt to help her grow is met with active resistence. You don't have to change every time someone says your behavior is less than ideal, but you should at least stop and consider if they have a point  or not.

So true. She does actively resist personal growth and it's both bewildering and fascinating to watch. I can't believe there's a human being alive who is the same at 16 as they are at 21. Even fundie girls are often married by then, or working on projects, doing something with their lives (even if it is the Moody books). Raquel is doing the same stuff that she was at 16. The only thing that has changed is that she no longer lives at home (not by her choice) and that she has a job (again, not by her choice).

It's lonely at the top, so bring some friends

It is also lonely when you alienate everyone. 

Somebody come over and watch Glee with me. I'll make you food and provide cuddles

Her constant begging for a man to cuddle her is just sad. 

When your crush from middle school, who you haven't seen in two years, comes in to your work

According to her blog, this was one of the guys she was convinced would start courting her at 16 and marry her at 18 so that she could have a baby by 19. From the hearts she included with the tweet she still is hoping he will pay attention to her. 

Raquel is so desperate for male attention that she is really at risk for being preyed on by the wrong sort of guy. She is silly and selfish, but I do worry for her safety. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Raquel is so desperate for male attention that she is really at risk for being preyed on by the wrong sort of guy. She is silly and selfish, but I do worry for her safety. 

I have a cousin who, literally, I can't remember the last time she was single for more than 1 month since she was in high school. Her inability to define herself without a guy has led her into more than one unhealthy relationship, including one physically abusive one. Now, my cousin, to be blunt, is willing to put out, unlike Raquel, which alters the type of guys she attracts. Raquel's self-righteous view of religion and sex, combined with her extreme clinginess, actually does her a favor here. She latches onto "good, Christian boys" and demands full emotional commitment from them without giving much back. From what I've seen, she doesn't give much emotionally OR physically. So guys run off in search of greener, more willing pastures.

However, while she has some things that help buffer her, you're right that she is still at risk. Eventually, she's going to stumble across a guy willing to play whatever role he needs to get close to her. Raquel's naivity, her unwillingless to listen to what she  what she doesn't want to hear and her desperation are a toxic combination. As much as I sometimes want to bop her over the head with a laof of french bread while yelling "Grow up!" i certainly don't want her to fall victim to a predator of that type.

She definitely does herself a favour by giving nothing physically or emotionally, as far as keeping away predators. If the desperation keeps up though, eventually those standards might slip. I can see Raquel giving her heart away (and maybe a bit more, ick) to the first guy who will play along and dance in the rain with her, whether his intentions are good or not.

Yet another hair in the face selfie on her twitter, this time with her new iphone 7. I just figured out what all Raquel's little hair pose reminds me of -- Jessica Rabbit, who was, in turn, based on various 40's movie icons. Raquel is many things, but a 1940's bombshell is not one of them.

On 1/23/2017 at 4:00 AM, formergothardite said:

According to her blog, this was one of the guys she was convinced would start courting her at 16 and marry her at 18 so that she could have a baby by 19.

Whoa. Either you're rushing too fast to meet "the one" in time, or you're a failure cause you didn't meet "the one" by an arbitrary date... Those sort of uber-specific plans are just a recipe for personal and relationship disasters.

19 minutes ago, December said:

Whoa. Either you're rushing too fast to meet "the one" in time, or you're a failure cause you didn't meet "the one" by an arbitrary date... Those sort of uber-specific plans are just a recipe for personal and relationship disasters.

Yep, I used to think up crap like that, about the prom, marriage, babies, where I'd live, and what my husband would look/be like. 

I was 10.  

I think it was Raquel where someone said she must have played a game of MASH and taken it way too seriously. 

On 1/23/2017 at 6:00 AM, formergothardite said:

this was one of the guys she was convinced would start courting her at 16 and marry her at 18 so that she could have a baby by 19.

Did she actually phrase as he would court her, marry her, etc? Because there's odd is saying he would marry her, not they would get married. It's stuff that just happens to her, without any effort on her part.

On 1/25/2017 at 3:17 PM, Terrie said:

Did she actually phrase as he would court her, marry her, etc? Because there's odd is saying he would marry her, not they would get married. It's stuff that just happens to her, without any effort on her part.

I can't remember which post it was in, but she had her eyes on several guys in middle school and admitted she expected to have a courtship at 16, a marriage at 18 and a baby at 19. 

It sounds like another guy cut Raquel off or this might be the same guy she has been pining after. 

I just don't understand how we went from being best friends to you telling me "We shouldn't talk anymore".

Isn't it fascinating that every guy in Raquel's life ends up cutting her off completely? She seems to think it's normal for an ex-not-a-boyfriend or an ex-flirtation or even an ex-friend to block you and cut you out of their lives entirely.

The reason you went from 'best friends' to 'we shouldn't talk any more' are probably:

- You were never actually best friends

- You are an emotional vampire who takes and takes and never gives

- You place enormous expectations on other people that will always lead to them falling short

- You're obsessive and creepy once you zero in on another person

- You're vain, self-absorbed, entitled and you bitch about people online

- If people don't cut you off completely you'll keep passive-aggressively and obsessively contacting them

- You expect every male in your life to be 'the one', whether you're dating or not

I can think of more, but you get the idea.

Has Raquel ever met a metaphor she doesn't enjoy butchering? "Sometimes we run into brick walls in pursuit of our dreams. Dreams are like bricks!" 

Or maybe he won't need her or want her because she is creepy as hell. He probably won't regret getting her out of his life at all. 

If you won't let me love you

That really says it all, doesn't it? It's really all about having her needs met. She doesn't see these guys as people, just as things to meet her own needs. I have yet to see any proof that she is capable of a real, two-way relationship.

On 1/17/2017 at 9:01 AM, formergothardite said:

I want to tell you that your eyes captured me.  And I've never met anyone else with the same color as yours were.

Probably contact lenses.

On 1/26/2017 at 1:23 PM, formergothardite said:

can't remember which post it was in, but she had her eyes on several guys in middle school and admitted she expected to have a courtship at 16, a marriage at 18 and a baby at 19. 

From the Doug Wilson quote I read here recently, it sounds as if she might do well to hook up with a 22yo DW follower.

Okay, not "well", but if DW really said that all men should be married to a "cute, godly girl" by age 23, then it seems as if his followers would be prime material for someone like Raquel.

She should watch out, though, that he doesn't turn out to be a pedophile. Especially if an elder from DW's church introduces her to the guy.

(sorry, feeling kinda sour tonight. Usually Raquel makes me feel more sad than annoyed)

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Or maybe he won't need her or want her because she is creepy as hell. He probably won't regret getting her out of his life at all. 

"WHY WONT YOU LET ME BE THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE?!?"

Jesus God Raquel, you are not the love of EVERY man's life!! Good lord, girl, get a grip. 

If you can't fathom or accept that you are not THE RIGHT ONE for absolutely everyone, you need some serious help. 

From her latest blog

I recently got a text from someone who I considered very dear to me, saying that "we shouldn't talk anymore" and that it wasn't "anything personal".  No rhyme or reason.  It blindsided me for sure, but I've gotten to a point in my life where I just accept the actions of others without question.

From her twitter

I just don't understand how we went from being best friends to you telling me "We shouldn't talk anymore"... Like what is that?

So how did I handle that "friend" texting me that?  I went and removed them from my social medias.  Unfriended, unfollowed, deleted.  Not because I don't love them anymore and don't want to be in their life, but because they chose for me not to be.

I'm guessing they unfriended her first. 

I've been hurt and disappointed so many times.  I sometimes ask myself, "When will it all end?"  I guess I know the answer to that question but regardless, it still gets asked.

When everyone has a problem with you, the problem most likely isn't everyone else, it is you, Raquel. If you want it to end, stop being such a self involved little twit. 

And when someone chooses to not be a personal investor in my life, as I would gladly be in theirs, then they don't earn the right to know me. 

Maybe some people just want to be casual acquaintances. Raquel truly doesn't know how to be a friend and she is going to continue in this cycle of obsessing over a guy, having a guy cut her off, complaining that they wouldn't let her love them, until she learns how to treat others. She treats other people as things she owns. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived