IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel- Part 5

samurai_sarah

19 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Dear Raquel, 

I'm happy to read that you are busy working on your writing projects. Dare I hope that some day we will find out whatever happened to Zaquerie? 

You mean Xaquerie? He is described as " He's kind of like that educated, very mature, slightly condescending, super attractive dude who's a bit intimidating, ya know? " A bit of advice, Raquel. When it comes to adjectives, less is more. (When I checked her blog to confirm the spelling, I also notice that her picture of what her main character looks like is very much like her. What a shock).

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read her newest blog post, and all I can say is what the fuck.  Raquel wrote a wangst-filled rant about how very hard it is to be a writer.

You know what? The kind of writing she produces shouldn't be so difficult. The language is simplistic and the ideas are juvenile.  She doesn't appear to research.  She doesn't even have deadlines! 

Not only that, but in a past life I was a writer. Yes, producing the quality I wanted could sometimes be challenging. But Raquel needs to get back to me about what's hard in life once she's worked sixteen hour back to back shifts at a fast food place to pay her tuition,  or after she's spent all night researching for work the next morning.  Not sitting around, drinking wine, and doing google image searches for her perfect Xaquerie.

I understand her feelings on writing.  What I had a hard time mentally dealing with is the, shall we say 'fishing for compliments' bits.  You know where she talks about her writing not being very good.  Most, if not all, writers feel this.  Most do not take to their blog to covertly beg for compliments from people commenting things like 'i love your writing.'  

She's a far far better writer than a lot of fundies we follow (Poor Sarah Maxwell for instance). 

Writing isn't the teen-angst-ridden, misty-eyed circle-jerk she seems to think it is.  You need thick skin and diligent work ethic. She appears to have neither.  I just find her endlessly offensive, because to her, writing's not a profession, it's a way to look Super Special Snowflakey for her Internet followers. 

2 hours ago, xRoo said:

"Should I just not continue?"

The word you are looking for is stop, Raquel.

I wish I could upvote this x1000.

Raquel just tweeted that a family friend died and that she she could think of is that she is jealous. :my_confused:

I saw that.  I cringed.  I might be able to make the reach and understand what she was trying to say.  However, the word choices - especially in a such a public form as her twitter feed - is just all sorts of wrong.  (I think she was going in the direction of the platitude of 'oh, he's with God now'  - and I loathe platitudes.  When in doubt 'I'm so sorry' or 'my deepest sympathies' covers all sorts of ground)

Not to worry, Raquel, if you live long enough, you will die also.

I hope the loved ones of the deceased are believers because if not, that would be the worst condolences ever. "Ooh, I'm so happy he/she died and went to heaven, I want to do that soon."

7 hours ago, Ms Jess said:

Raquel is so popular that today is the first day in years that she has woken up to no notifications on her phone. 

Oh no, all her friends got raptured and she was left behind?

Dear Raquel - your hair did not flip itself all by itself across half of your face.  Stop blaming/thanking it and admit you're fishing for compliments again.

Her hair looked carefully styled. This is where having a group of real friends to tell her to knock it off with begging for compliments would come in handy, but Raquel cuts off anyone who criticizes her. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Her hair looked carefully styled. This is where having a group of real friends to tell her to knock it off with begging for compliments would come in handy, but Raquel cuts off anyone who criticizes her. 

Might explain why there were no notifications on her phone when she woke up. 

However, she made it 7 blog entries before returning to pontificating on "the guy" (who exactly "the guy" is seems to keep changing) and being coy as if her rambling blog posts will snag her a "true love." And hile the blog entry is frankly the worst sort of self-indulgent tripe we see from her, the long break between this and her last "gimme a guy" post gives me a sliver of hope that she may, eventually, grow up. 

Well this particular "He was afraid because he loved me" post was worse than normal. 

I want to tell you that I remembered the drink you ordered but I asked you to repeat it just so I could hear your voice again.

I want to tell you that I wished there hadn't been other customers in line behind you because I wanted you to stay as long as possible.

I want to tell you that your eyes captured me.  And I've never met anyone else with the same color as yours were.

I want to tell you that it took everything in me to not let the flush rise to my cheeks when our eyes found each other.

So a hot guy came in, Raquel pretended to be dumb, flirted with him and he asked her out.

I want to tell you that I believe you loved me, but that's what scared you the most.

Raquel quickly became an overly attached girlfriend who was convinced he loved her when in reality he just was not that into her.

I want to tell you that I don't hate you for the way you hurt me.

He broke up with her.

I want to tell you that there are countless times in my day that I pick up my phone to text or call you, but then remember that you took me out of your life

He blocked her number after she refused to accept he didn't want to date her.

And I titled this only some of the things I want to tell you because if you want to know the rest, maybe that will be enough to make you come back someday.

She is still convinced he broke up with her because he was afraid of his undying love for her and that this will be a Nicholas Sparks book where he comes rushing back one day. It will be raining and for some reason they won't go indoors. They will stand in the rain gazing at each other. He will say something like this:

“So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me… everyday.”

or

We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has only happened once, and that’s why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I’ll never forget a single moment of it.”*

They will kiss and dance in the rain. A Pinterest wedding will happen quickly followed by the perfect Pinterest pregnancy and baby. 

In real life this guy has probably already moved on and has found a different place to get coffee so he won't have to face the creepy woman he briefly dated. If he reads this he is going to thank his lucky stars he realized how crazy Raquel was. 

*Nicholas Sparks quotes

My guess is that this particular guy is the one she wrote this about. Right after that she posted a picture on Instagram about a guy sending her flowers at work. 

Also, she quotes Joel Osteen on her Instagram without crediting him. Someone asks if she wrote it and she has to admit she didn't, but then claims that there is no author credit for this quote.  Five seconds on Google will show who wrote it. Raquel is one lazy writer. 

8 hours ago, Terrie said:

Might explain why there were no notifications on her phone when she woke up. 

However, she made it 7 blog entries before returning to pontificating on "the guy" (who exactly "the guy" is seems to keep changing) and being coy as if her rambling blog posts will snag her a "true love." And hile the blog entry is frankly the worst sort of self-indulgent tripe we see from her, the long break between this and her last "gimme a guy" post gives me a sliver of hope that she may, eventually, grow up. 

Maybe she is able to write things other than search for romance stuff while she has a romance but once they break up it starts afresh.

They already broke up but everything was story book perfect and they were meant to be together? The reason they broke up was that he loved her so much and it spooked him? And he cut her off his life and doesn't text, doesn't call but he reads her blog and one day he's gonna come back to ask her what kinds of things she left unsaid  in her posts about him? 

Poor Raquel...  Heartbreak is hard to process but that one came across as just a tiny bit desperate.

If this is the guy that the 11:11 wishes that were not about him were about I don't wonder he ran away. It seems like a lot of pressure on a guy, expecting him to be some kind of a story book meant-to-be fulfilment of every thought  that Raquel happened to have before him even if it was about some other dude really. A bit like the letters  to the future husband. 

They already broke up but everything was story book perfect and they were meant to be together? The reason they broke up was that he loved her so much and it spooked him? And he cut her off his life and doesn't text, doesn't call but he reads her blog and one day he's gonna come back to ask her what kinds of things she left unsaid  in her posts about him? 
Poor Raquel...  Heartbreak is hard to process but that one came across as just a tiny bit desperate.
 If this is the guy that the 11:11 wishes that were not about him were about I don't wonder he ran away. It seems like a lot of pressure on a guy, expecting him to be some kind of a story book meant-to-be fulfilment of every thought  that Raquel happened to have before him even if it was about some other dude really. A bit like the letters  to the future husband. 

My exact thoughts.

13 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Maybe she is able to write things other than search for romance stuff while she has a romance but once they break up it starts afresh.

Hmmm, very possible. I guess we'll see if she returns to form or not. I do find it telling that every guy who breaks things off with Raquel breaks off all contact. I live in fear for the day she finds a guy who doesn't back away from her desperate neediness. That will be all kinds and flavors of unhealthy.

Oh great, now she is tweeting a quote about how if he won't allow her to be the love of his life she will be the loss of his life. :roll:This is where she needs to have a friend who tells her that stuff like that doesn't make guys want to come back, it just makes them thankful for the breakup. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived