IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel- Part 5

samurai_sarah

My only take on that blog entry was 'she hates complaining' - unless she is complaining.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, is her bucket list for real? So many of the things on it are passive, not active. And some of them are just weirdly specific - like have a scarf collection of 16 scarves. WTF?

I have sixteen scarves and I had no intention of ever collecting them.

Does that mean I'm cool like Raquel?

On 1/2/2017 at 0:19 PM, formergothardite said:

Her class is over. I hope someone asks her on ask.fm what grade she got and if she is going to take more next semester. Clearly her other papers didn't get such high grades or she would have made sure to tell the entire world. 

How many times has she moved this year? This is the third time since April, right? I wonder if she still has roommates. I bet she was a pain to live with. 

Between her immaturity, selfishness, and self-absorption, she'd be an absolute nightmare of a roommate. I also think that her constant moving isn't necessarily her getting kicked out, but her constantly being indecisive and flighty, and making housing decisions without thinking through what she actually needs (commute time, the cost of rent/upkeep, etc.).

11 hours ago, Ms Jess said:

Uh, is her bucket list for real? So many of the things on it are passive, not active. And some of them are just weirdly specific - like have a scarf collection of 16 scarves. WTF?

Her bucket list has always been ridiculous. Does she still have things like "have a blue eyed child" on it?

She has been a bit defensive lately and I'm guessing it is a combination of dealing with constructive criticism from her writing course and people in real life suggesting that she isn't making the best life choices. 

On twitter, she says she needs a cuddle buddy for "survival" because it's only 28 degrees. :my_dodgy: Um, here, have a sweater, you fragile, fragile flower. (It was -8 this morning where I am).

I will give her credit for this, though. Her last 5 blog entries have NOT been about her desperation for a guy and a relationship. I believe this is a record for her.

On twitter, she says she needs a cuddle buddy for "survival" because it's only 28 degrees. :my_dodgy: Um, here, have a sweater, you fragile, fragile flower. (It was -8 this morning where I am).
I will give her credit for this, though. Her last 5 blog entries have NOT been about her desperation for a guy and a relationship. I believe this is a record for her.

Good point! Well done, Raquel!!

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Her bucket list has always been ridiculous. Does she still have things like "have a blue eyed child" on it?

She has been a bit defensive lately and I'm guessing it is a combination of dealing with constructive criticism from her writing course and people in real life suggesting that she isn't making the best life choices. 

Yes, yes, it does. Also order pizza by phone and have it delivered. 

10 minutes ago, Ms Jess said:

Also order pizza by phone and have it delivered. 

Oh goodness! I didn't remember that one! I don't think she has ever gotten the concept of what a bucket list is. 

I also remember one of her bucket list items was to have all four of her grandparents at her wedding.  I think many teens or adults who do have all four grandparents alive probably hoped for something like that.

Some of my "favorites" from her bucket list (aside from the nonsense of a blue-eyed child):

• "Hug a baby polar bear" -- also known as "Get emergency treatment for an animal bite."
  • "go skinny-dipping" -- because Raquel can rewrite the rules on appropriate Christian behavior however she wants, 'cause God loves her extra-special

• "throw a bottle with a note into the sea" -- Littering is awesome!

On 1/5/2017 at 7:44 PM, Ms Jess said:

Given her genetic background, I think she would need to adopt to get a blue eyed child. 

Yeah. And also, what a fucking weird thing to have on a bucket list. Who the fuck thinks of something like that?

New Blog Entry which she's titled Erratic Prose.  Okay, but it looked like babble about what she's been up to and not erratic prose.  

I'd be oh 'golly your directional skills rock!' only I came of age long before GPS or the internet and had to find my way around hunting for addresses on a foldout map to get to job interviews and such.  

I'm defining her 'schedule not full enough' as I can't make my rent payment on the money they're giving me/hours I'm getting so I bucked up and took a second job.  To which I'm going to say good for her (and she is far more employed than any Duggar so there's that)

I'd be more impressed had she found the library and checked books out than spend money on them.  Although this was something I had to learn myself as a book lover on limited means with credit card and student loan debt.

As for Apple Music meh.  And I've labeled that as an unnecessary expense given what we've seen of her income/spending/praying for God to deliver whatever it is she 'needs' into her lap.  

You may think I'm a good writer.  You may picture me in a romantic scene, thinking up whatever words you read and enjoy reading and typing them away without a care in the world. 

Gotta go hide until I stop laughing. 

I find freedom in expressing myself with passion and purpose through beautiful, beautiful words.

Or in Raquel's case mediocre words. 

I write because I can't imagine not being able to write something and send it out onto the worldwide web to somehow, magically find someone and touch their soul. 

She truly views herself as this astounding, amazing writer. 

And if you're still reading this, then I have done well.

.With her standards every member here has done great with writing because lots of people read their words. 

I have to wonder - if she had gone to public school, been forced to write essays like the rest of us.  And book reports etc.  Would her self-perception as this gifted writer be so firm,  or would she have had her spirit crushed in Junior High as I did while fighting to get C's?  

2 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Would her self-perception as this gifted writer be so firm,  or would she have had her spirit crushed in Junior High as I did while fighting to get C's?  

I think she would probably have a more realistic view of herself and life in general. 

On 1/5/2017 at 7:39 AM, Terrie said:

To be fair, that is fairly cold for the area of the country she's in.

On 1/5/2017 at 10:31 PM, lilwriter85 said:

I also remember one of her bucket list items was to have all four of her grandparents at her wedding.  I think many teens or adults who do have all four grandparents alive probably hoped for something like that.

It's a sweet sentiment, and nice if it happens to work out for people.

Though maybe not the best fit for a "bucket list" cause it's not like the person has any control over it! Well, assuming they don't rush to marry whoever as fast as possible just so their wedding can include someone, or they are married by a certain age, etc.

15 hours ago, December said:

Which is why I suggested a sweater. Though, it would be funny if someone responded to her "I need  cuddle buddy" by putting ice cold feet on her. :D 

17 hours ago, December said:

It's a sweet sentiment, and nice if it happens to work out for people.

Though maybe not the best fit for a "bucket list" cause it's not like the person has any control over it! Well, assuming they don't rush to marry whoever as fast as possible just so their wedding can include someone, or they are married by a certain age, etc.

Maybe that is what she is saying? She needs to get married asap, her mother's father is close to 100yrs old. 

I've been working on various writing projects for the last three hours.  And the above picture is much prettier than the reality at the moment.  I'm just sitting on my bed, wearing a Blazer v-neck, with an almost empty glass of wine nearby.  My eyes feel bloodshot from staring at this laptop screen for so long.  And my fingers are slightly achy from the constant typing.
But I still feel like I didn't achieve all that I wanted to.
I didn't get as much writing done as I wish I had.
I don't feel like everything I wrote was good.
I want to do better.
I wish I did better.
Sometimes I wonder why I still do it.  Or attempt to, anyway.
Are these words even coherent?  Did I convey my thoughts well?  Did I edit out all of my mistakes?

Dear Raquel, 

I'm happy to read that you are busy working on your writing projects. Dare I hope that some day we will find out whatever happened to Zaquerie? 

It wasn't easy to write today, and so you wonder why you still do it? Seriously? You're not happy with everything that you wrote and that makes you think, ooh what's the point, I could just quit? 

No writer ever got it all right the first time. That's what  reviewing  and editing is for. 

If you're not happy with what you wrote and feel like it lacks coherence, I have some suggestions: 

1. maybe you could concentrate on just one project at a time. I can imagine it might be difficult to divide your thoughts between several different projects within the space of three hours. 

2. If you get bloodshot eyes and achy fingers, it might be worth it to take more breaks. You can still think about what you're going to write but no need to stare at the screen all the time. Or try a dictation app. 

3. If you find it hard to edit, maybe you could sleep on it and come back and edit when you're sober.  Or find a reviewer who will give you honest feedback, and not just the flattering, "your words touched my soul", kind. 

4. I'm not really sure what the V-neck blazer has to do with it. What should a writer be wearing? 

5. Yes, I read all the way through to the end. You're welcome. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived