IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel- Part 5

samurai_sarah

worse!  she is retweeting an account filled with her own quotes (that often feel stolen, not attributed) that SHE created to share quotes on I believe. 

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, clueliss said:

worse!  she is retweeting an account filled with her own quotes (that often feel stolen, not attributed) that SHE created to share quotes on I believe. 

It's her and some guy with the same taste in "profound" quotes from himself. Probably the latest in the string of guys who are THE guy.

On 12/9/2016 at 11:21 AM, Palimpsest said:

Is she seriously claiming to have got 97 for that piece of pretentious bloviation.  It adds new meaning to her admission that she writes pleonastic prose.

Depending on the school, the professor and the purpose of the class, that could really be the grade. 

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

She is now filling her Twitter with her own quotes. Her quotes sound like various things you find on PInterest, where is probably where she found them. 

Wow, it's one thing to retweet silly Pinterest-y quotes. It's quite another level to retweet yourself... :pb_rollseyes:

On her instagram, she's got a pic of her at work in leggings, as a giveaway of a pair of the same brand of leggings. I don't know. Maybe I'm more of a prude than I thought, but it seems like your leggings show the crease of your butt cheeks, you should wear a long shirt. It just looks vulgar otherwise.

Oh my god guys! Raquel is already just like a therapist!!!!

Since being a barista for over a year, one huge part of my job that I've come to realize is that a barista is almost like a therapist. 

Somehow I think all this is just in her mind and people aren't telling her their life stories. It sounds like what she imagines being a barista is like, people coming in  and spending long times asking her advice, but the reality is that people order coffee and she does things like harasses police officers trying to get them to dance with her.

For example, I'm sitting here in bed, wearing an XXL men's hoodie, eating pizza, drinking pink moscato, and unwinding after a seven and a half hour work day and not getting home till 1am.

Bless her, she worked a whole 7 and a half hours! I will never get her obsession with hoodies, but on Twitter she posted a picture of her wearing only a hoodie. 

She takes constructive criticism well?

Didn't she write a blog post that said something to the effect that when people criticize your writing, just ignore it, it probably already is perfect because you wrote it from the heart?

Puts some pants on! 

There is decidely a not boyfriend of some sort roaming about that she's trying to attract with the pantless hoodie selfie. 

Do you guys ever do it? Tell your barista all about the sorrows and the trials of your life I mean?

The most I've ever said is, "one big latte to go please".

I don't drink coffee anymore, but when I did occasionally there was small talk about weather. I think it would have annoyed everyone if I slowed things down to discuss the my personal problems. 

I chat with my barista while they're making the coffee, because I've been going in there forever - but it's more asking how they are/funny little anecdotes/stuff that's happening locally.   I guess someone can mistake the whole "ugh what a terrible day" conversation as "being their therapist"...  IF they'd never actually experienced therapy!

On 12/12/2016 at 6:30 AM, Terrie said:

On her instagram, she's got a pic of her at work in leggings, as a giveaway of a pair of the same brand of leggings. I don't know. Maybe I'm more of a prude than I thought, but it seems like your leggings show the crease of your butt cheeks, you should wear a long shirt. It just looks vulgar otherwise.

How does one even go about getting a picture like that? Do you hand your phone to a co-worker and say "take a picture of the back of me."? 

I think she is full of shit on people asking her advice/seeing her as a therapist. At best, most people make small talk with her and maybe will occasionally bring up some problem in their lives.  There is a coffee place that I go to once or twice a week to meet with a work contact, the barista at the place is very friendly. About a month ago, I overheard her talking with another customer about the customer's ill son, the barista made a suggestion about a certain medication. That was the only time I've heard her giving any kind of advice to customers. The barista is in her 40s and from recent conversations with her, I know she she as a 19 year old daughter who recently joined the military. I can kind of see some customers with kids relating to her. I can't many customers turning to young Raquel for advice.

Well, it is Raquel. If she overheard another barista offer adivce to someone, she would twist it in her mind to make herself "like a therapist." 

Also, if a barista, even if they were a hipster "broista,"  tried to hug me, I would hit them. you just know if that actually happens that it's Raquel trying to be so cutesy, like when she asked a police officer customer to dance with her. 

Last night Raquel tweeted that someone she's crushing on (I'm going to read that as not boyfriend of some sort) direct messaged her yesterday.  

Of course he did - you posted a selfie of yourself in a hoodie and no pants all over the interwebs.

This reminds me of Raquel. (Though, I don't like the use of the r-word qat the end and I suspect even Raquel knows better).

Yeah, I can see Raquel as acting like a Manic Pixie Dream Girl, which is sometimes slightly tolerable in books and movies, but in real life makes you hate being around that person. 

On 12/12/2016 at 3:30 AM, Terrie said:

I sort of have the same opinion, but the younger generation (or two) doesn't seem to have the same visceral reaction that I do. I've seen leggings covered with long shirts in the fundie-light churches I've visited, but out there "in the world" I noticed quite a few "uncovered" leggings before the novelty wore off and I stopped noticing. 

I work with 2 from the younger generation who wearing leggings and shorter tops/sweaters.  I'm okay with it.  It looks fine on them. 

What did not look fine to me was the person I saw in cheap 'denim' leggings that appeared to be a size (or two) too small, stretched then enough I could see the color underwear she wore (and may have been happy she had underwear on).  

If you're going to wear them, then need to fit correctly.  

3 hours ago, refugee said:

I sort of have the same opinion, but the younger generation (or two) doesn't seem to have the same visceral reaction that I do. I've seen leggings covered with long shirts in the fundie-light churches I've visited, but out there "in the world" I noticed quite a few "uncovered" leggings before the novelty wore off and I stopped noticing. 

Yeah that me and my second daughter. I threatened to throw her leggings away at one point because that's all she wore, and it just looked weird paired with a short sweater to me. I hot over it and don't notice, but it took me a while.

On 12/13/2016 at 7:35 AM, formergothardite said:

How does one even go about getting a picture like that? Do you hand your phone to a co-worker and say "take a picture of the back of me."? 

Yes, but you probably also tell them to make sure to frame it a certain way and then you ask to see it when they've taken it and then you tell them to take it again from a different angle or somesuch (probably repeat several times) and then you go through all the filters asking them which one they like but then you pick a different one and completely ignore their opinion.

source: I may have lived through this scenario a time or ten thousand. 

I don't give a fuck what she wears...she could wear a garbage bag, she could be totally naked. I'm not gonna judge that.

What I will judge is how terrible she is. She is the worst.

She made a video while driving on snowy roads. No wonder she has had four accidents in a year. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived