IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen- Part 2

samurai_sarah

This eye color stuff is very interesting! My 3 go: boys both dark brown like me, DD camo green verging to cat golden when angry (you'd better run and hide at that point!). Husband's eyes are grass green. GGrandGirl has my eyes (DIL's are green), Wild Child has hers. GrandBoy is blonde/blue like his dad. DN also has dark eyes; her two are dark/dark and blonde/blue.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

This eye color stuff is very interesting! My 3 go: boys both dark brown like me, DD camo green verging to cat golden when angry (you'd better run and hide at that point!). Husband's eyes are grass green. GGrandGirl has my eyes (DIL's are green), Wild Child has hers. GrandBoy is blonde/blue like his dad. DN also has dark eyes; her two are dark/dark and blonde/blue.

I think so too! My husband and I both have brown eyes, mine are very dark. All of our children have brown eyes save for one. His started out grey, turned blue then almost turquoise before settling into a greener hazel. They're beautiful. 

On 12/17/2016 at 0:14 AM, zygote373 said:

I understand the opposition to IVF since they would be creating some embryos that will not go on to be viable pregnancies (which, God-approved unprotected sex does that too, DON'T GET ME STARTED).

But I don't understand when fundies take "leave it up to the Lord" as "do nothing".  Doesn't He help those who help themselves, etc.? I would think that if they try fertility treatments, they would still believe God is the one who decides whether they work or not.

Not that logic is the foundation of fundamentalism.

To the bolded: That's a Benjamin Franklin quote (and Aesop and Algernon Sidney), not the Bible.

I'd be surprised if Michael and Brandon didn't pay a visit to Dr. Vick, who diagnosed and treated Erin's condition, or to another doctor who could order the appropriate tests.  I'm not suggesting this is the problem (assuming there is one), but it would have made sense for them to try to rule it out.

3 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

To the bolded: That's a Benjamin Franklin quote (and Aesop and Algernon Sidney), not the Bible.

I never thought it was a direct quote from the Bible, just a concept/theme. I grew up in the upper midwest with a lot of Lutherans who took heart to verses about hard work like 2 Thessalonians 3:10 (though I am an atheist).

Your comment prompted me to do some further googling, and I see that other sects do not agree with this interpretation.

Religion confuses me.

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'd be surprised if Michael and Brandon didn't pay a visit to Dr. Vick, who diagnosed and treated Erin's condition, or to another doctor who could order the appropriate tests.  I'm not suggesting this is the problem (assuming there is one), but it would have made sense for them to try to rule it out.

I thought they said that with Erin's condition they get the girls tested before marriage (sorry that sound so horrible, like checking a cat you are going to get from shelter). It might be a problem on Brandon's side and totally unrelated. I took their comment more like they have problems to conceive and that would be different from the clotting disorder.

I think the testing before marriage was a discussion we had here wondering if the would do that or wait. 

I think it depends on how deeply they are following the teachings of IBLP. Erin's situation is different in that she got pregnant, but struggled to maintain the pregnancy. Treating that is considered saving a life. What Brandon said in the one clip about it being God saying not now(or something like that) is pretty close to the teachings. IBLP also teaches that infertility can be caused not following weird rules. @halcionne once reviewed the Basic and Advanced textbooks for us. She shared a part about infertility.

34 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

IBLP also teaches that infertility can be caused not following weird rules. @halcionne once reviewed the Basic and Advanced textbooks for us. She shared a part about infertility.

I'd say Weird Rule #1 is to allow a creepy old perv to dictate the do's and don't's of one's sex life. 

And what happens when the rules don't lead to a prompt blessing?  Are there meetings with the parents to go over the details?  Written assignments and schedules?

If there's any couple I'd expect to be following "rules", it's Michael and Brandon.  Which suggests that the rules aren't helping.  Or helpful.

Their stupid rules are so contradictary, too. Isn't the wife supposed to put up whenever the husband feels like it? How could these two rules possibly go together (unless the husband really isn't into sex with his wife)?

On 12/18/2016 at 7:18 PM, KelseyAnn said:

Genes, as many have have said, are bizarre. Recessive genes are wild. 

I agree. My mother is a twin. She has blue eyes and red hair very pale skin. My aunt (her twin) has very dark brown eyes, nearly black hair and olive skin.  At school, no one even believed they were sisters.  But when you look at our family, my mother favours the maternal side and my aunt the paternal side. Genetics is such a funny thing. 

On 12/20/2016 at 1:22 PM, Dandruff said:

And what happens when the rules don't lead to a prompt blessing?  Are there meetings with the parents to go over the details?  Written assignments and schedules?

I think you are supposed to get elders to pray over your uterus and start looking for secret sins. There is a story on Recovering Grace(I think) from a couple who bought into IBLP's teachings on infertility and it took them around four or five years to catch on that Gothard didn't have the magic cure. 

Michael posted a picture on Instagram with her and Brandon's hands on her stomach, combined with a Christmas quote beginning with "unto us a child is born...". Maybe she is pregnant? It's not a blatant pregnancy announcement and they are frequently posting pictures of themselves posed,  but it seems like a subtle hint. 

I'm getting a little angry (with the humpers) on Michaela's behalf. Fundie leghumpers are supposed to take things literally, not read into them - she's quoting the bible, people! I don't think it's some secret tease. 

I just don't get why anyone thinks it's okay to ask a woman if she's pregnant, celebrity or no. If you wouldn't go up to a woman and ask her, "Hey, you look bloated today, are you shedding your uterine lining !!?? Is that why you're eating chocolate??" then why the eff is it okay to ask about ANYTHING else going on in that uterus?

Signed,

Angry, holiday-emotional infertile who is taking all of this a little too seriously. And needs more wine.

Honestly, when I saw her latest Instagram picture my first thought was "she looks pregnant". Not because of the text or his hands on her stomach, but because of her face. It looks fuller and a bit...different.

However it is very rude to ask imo.

They are reality tv stars (z-list I know). They need to realize that. They need to realize that people are going to ask questions and make comments, even insults. That's the price of fame and spreading their evil beliefs.

8 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

Honestly, when I saw her latest Instagram picture my first thought was "she looks pregnant". Not because of the text or his hands on her stomach, but because of her face. It looks fuller and a bit...different.

However it is very rude to ask imo.

Seconded. My immediate thought was her face looks MUCH fuller, compared to just a few weeks ago. Also, there's not a clear view of her stomach thanks to the blurred edges and Brandon's hand placement. 

Count me as suspicious. Hate to snark on her face looking fuller. She still looks very pretty, but something is noticeably different. 

I agree that it's rude to ask. But I will speculate freely. Your entire very public lifestyle is based on procreating, you pose like that, and choose that verse of all verses? Come on.

Let's face it: The comment section of pretty much every public figure's IG is a total shitshow. There's a lot unsupervised kids and all kinds people with no respect for personal boundaries on the internet. You don't have to deal with them if they just watch your show but as soon as you put yourself on SM those are the first ones to start bothering you. I have zero sympathy for them 

They did finally allowed an option that you can stop comments so that people can comment on your post. I'm wondering if she is pregnant but due to the struggles is actually waiting till after the first trimester is over?

8 hours ago, Adrienne83 said:

I also assume that she is pregnant due to her full face. I'd never say anything, but something is defiantly different.

I thought that too, then considered that she also could be on medication or have changed her diet -- maybe because she is pregnant or because it is a new stage in trying.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived