IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen- Part 2

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

Someone on tumblr commented she's going to be talking about their troubles conceiving in the upcoming season.  I haven't seen the promo so I can't comment but it appears they're addressing it. I hope they didn't feel pressure to comment on it

That comes from an anonymous source who might be trolling. I have doubts that the info is reliable. Certainly wasn't in any promo.

Disclaimer: there likely is an issue and they very well might discuss it in the new season. I just don't buy an anonymous source confirming it like that.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

So she could possibly have the same condition that Erin has? Cause it also affects fertility right?

erin's condition makes it harder for her to carry a pregnancy to term without the use of a special cocktail of drugs. erin seems pretty fertile, having experienced 3 losses before conceiving carson, and then brooklyn.

Michael and Brandon, the lord is saying "no for now" because you need to be young and get to know each other before having kids right off the bat. 

Spoiler
3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

"There's gonna be a new sister"? Does he mean one of the boys is getting married or is he just referring to one of grandkids getting a new sister?

Spoiler

"There's gonna be a new sister"? Does he mean one of the boys is getting married or is he just referring to one of grandkids getting a new sister?

It's likely edited to appear that he was talking about a new courtship but given that the clip before is talking about being pregnant... and asking who is pregnant (Alyssa), it's likely she announced she was pregnant and having a girl.

1 minute ago, actuallyjessica said:

It's likely edited to appear that he was talking about a new courtship but given that the clip before is talking about being pregnant... and asking who is pregnant (Alyssa), it's likely she announced she was pregnant and having a girl.

Yeah I was thinking he was most likely referring to Allie getting a new sister.

Interesting! I kinda thought that they might want to deal with any possibly fertility issue quietly. I suppose though it's a way to get the humpers to stop asking if she's pregnant alllllllll the time.

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Interesting! I kinda thought that they might want to deal with any possibly fertility issue quietly. I suppose though it's a way to get the humpers to stop asking if she's pregnant alllllllll the time!

This is probably the only reason they addressed it. I much as judge Michael and Brandon for their beliefs, idt either of them really can handle the idea of complete strangers asking them such personal questions. There's a lot of possibilities for why they actively participate in the show, but neither of them would have expected these issues and I'm guessing they thought they could be like Alyssa and appear once in awhile (& not ruffle any feathers in the process) without getting too much attention. Whatever the issue may be, it's thrown a wrench in their plans for sure.

I am sad for M and B...how cruel that you got to raise your parents' kids because they reproduced like rabbits, but when it's your turn, problems.

Too bad the parents could not have had the "problems" once they had 8 kids.

21 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I am sad for M and B...how cruel that you got to raise your parents' kids because they reproduced like rabbits, but when it's your turn, problems.

Too bad the parents could not have had the "problems" once they had 8 kids.

I'm sorry that things are not going for M&B as they hoped as far as having a family.  But ITA on the above.  It's got to be particularly hard when you have come from a large family, helped raise that large family, you expect same for yourself and then it's not panning out.

That said, I think it's good that they have some time as a couple but at this point, not having conceived yet is overshadowing things a bit.

It seems that the video is not available.  The promo on the UP TV site doesn't include anything that sounds like what was described in this one.  :my_dodgy:

I guess fundies aren't permitted to seek a doctor's help to get pregnant. Is that correct?  But I wonder if the women casually share "old wive's" tips and secrets on how to conceive. I hope it's a simple solution and it resolves itself. It would be Michael's luck to be the one who remains childless.  

I think in this case the question is are Gothardites allowed to seek assistance and what is allowed.  I think with fundies it varies somewhat.  Most are opposed to IVF, but the less invasive the procedure, the more wiggle room can be found.  There is also the option of doing it and not telling anyone from the church.  

I understand the opposition to IVF since they would be creating some embryos that will not go on to be viable pregnancies (which, God-approved unprotected sex does that too, DON'T GET ME STARTED).

But I don't understand when fundies take "leave it up to the Lord" as "do nothing".  Doesn't He help those who help themselves, etc.? I would think that if they try fertility treatments, they would still believe God is the one who decides whether they work or not.

Not that logic is the foundation of fundamentalism.

7 hours ago, JMO said:

It seems that the video is not available.  The promo on the UP TV site doesn't include anything that sounds like what was described in this one.  :my_dodgy:

I didn't really pay all that much attention while I watched it, but basically Michael and Brandon were saying that they just assumed that you could have kids when you decided you wanted to have kids and that hasn't panned out for them. But they still think that this is God's timing. They were only shown for maybe 5 seconds.

The rest of the clip I remember even less of. Some kids say something about a "new sister," which we all assume is talking about Alyssa's pregnancy. Tori and Bobby have been together for a year, even though they are not courting, and Tori says they will get married (I assume when this scene is shown in full, she'll say something like "we'll get married eventually, but definitely not now" - otherwise that would be such a stupid spoiler). Really don't remember anything else of note.

As an infertile woman facing IVF in the new year, I hope against hope that (if that video is true) to come out and discuss it was Michaela's desire, and not pressure from the network or her parents wanting her to "give a good testimony."

No matter what, it is one of the hardest conversations to have with ANYONE, much less a million people on TV. It's been 26 months and I still can't talk about it openly and easily without falling apart. 

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

As an infertile woman facing IVF in the new year, I hope against hope that (if that video is true) to come out and discuss it was Michaela's desire, and not pressure from the network or her parents wanting her to "give a good testimony."

No matter what, it is one of the hardest conversations to have with ANYONE, much less a million people on TV. It's been 26 months and I still can't talk about it openly and easily without falling apart. 

I hope everything goes well in your next chapter.

I agree that it's the hardest conversation to have - it's why my husband and I stayed silent for over 4 years until we spoke up earlier in the year. It took us months until after we had our first loss to talk about our infertility journey because of the stigma, and that was after the hardest conversations I had with myself. I felt like I wasn't entitled to grieve or express our struggles to others (even inside of the TTC/Infertility community) because there was always somebody going through something worse, or somebody further along who lost their baby. So not only did I (and still do) face the internal struggle of being content what I am already fortunate enough to have, and hope that maybe, just maybe things will take a turn for the better. It's silly, but it's almost like by vocalising everything it makes it real and it makes the situation out of our control because if people know, it can be brought up by others whenever they like, and they may not always have the most supportive things to say.

I can only imagine these feelings would be more amplified if I was being influenced by fundamentalist religious standpoint which focuses heavily on being content and also placing importance on females only true worth as bringing children into the world via natural means.

On 12/9/2016 at 7:01 PM, princessmahina said:

Jessa's hair is naturally curly, but I think the rest of the four older girls have straight/wavy hair. 

Jinger's hair became super curly at puberty. She's talked about how she can't brush it or she'll get a 'fro. 

Most of the Duggar kids have blue eyes. Jessa's are definitely greenish with flecks of gold, ie. hazel. It's hard to tell with Jinger, but once you get past the raccoon eyes, you get blue. Jill? Very blue. Maybe one of the younger boys has hazel eyes, (James?), but other than that, all blue. I can't believe that there isn't a set of dominant brown eyes in the bunch. With 19 opportunities, 20 if Jill's hyperbole is to be believed, you'd think that there would be at least one outlier. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I can't believe that there isn't a set of dominant brown eyes in the bunch.

Well, Jim Bob and Michelle both have blue eyes. So neither of them has a brown eye gene to pass on.

If they DID have a kid with brown eyes Michelle would have some explaining to do......

2 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

Well, Jim Bob and Michelle both have blue eyes. So neither of them has a brown eye gene to pass on.

If they DID have a kid with brown eyes Michelle would have some explaining to do......

This is actually not true. While pretty uncommon it's completely possible for two blue eyed parents to have a brown eyed child. I have green eyes (which is also dominant to blue) even though both my parents have blue eyes. 

This explains how it happens:

http://genetics.thetech.org/how-blue-eyed-parents-can-have-brown-eyed-children

2 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

This is actually not true. While pretty uncommon it's completely possible for two blue eyed parents to have a brown eyed child.

Interesting, I didn't know that! I work in science so I should know better that the real story is more complicated than what I learned in high school biology.

5 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

This is actually not true. While pretty uncommon it's completely possible for two blue eyed parents to have a brown eyed child. I have green eyes (which is also dominant to blue) even though both my parents have blue eyes. 

Yes.  My blue eyed great-grandparents's oldest son had brown eyes.  My grandmother and her 2 younger brothers all got the blue eyes. I thought my grandmother didn't remember correctly but then found out it was possible after doing some research.   

18 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

That's because green eyes are a mutation, they can happen to anyone. My mom has blue and my dad has brown. 

Oldest brother, blue. Second oldest brother, blue. Older sister, blue. Older brother- brown.  Me- green as grass. Younger sister- brown. 

Genes, as many have have said, are bizarre. Recessive genes are wild. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived