IGNORED

Kitty Pictures

HerNameIsBuffy

My feline headship hates change and wouldn't appreciate changes to his water bowl.

• Upvote 1

I'll be getting some and putting a bit in a shot glass for my cat Princess. She prefers drinking out of a glass to her bowl. We can finally have some drinks and watch Bob Ross paint together. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I could see this possibly being a hit with cats, but only because it has catnip. 

I could also see this making it messy, I know my cats would make a mess with this.

• 2 weeks later...

Down in St. Louis now, visiting my sister, brother-in-law, and two of my favorite felines - Maggie and Marvel!

They're both doing ok but Marvel's a little stressed over the fireworks everyone is shooting off now.

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

• Upvote 6

And here's Marvel "hiding" while we were watching a movie.

IMG_0463.jpg

• Upvote 5

Nope, nothing to see here... move along.... :D

• Upvote 2

My sister sent this along of her little man Marvel, being all sleepy after a long day of troublemaking.

sleepy.jpg

• Upvote 27

Ok. This kitty needs a strong social media presence. He has Grumpy Cat potential. If only my feline headship would cooperate like Marvel.....

• Upvote 10

I feel like I'm cheating on my cats by how hard I'm squeeing for this little guy....soooo cute!

• Upvote 7

Thanks all.  I wish I could see the Marvel Man a few more times a year than I do now, so it makes me so happy when my sister shares pics or videos of the little Man.

• Upvote 1

I got back from my work trip to NYC the other day.  I stopped at my brothers to have a couple beers and to ask TK where she was hiding last week Saturday when I stopped to check on her while my brother and sister in law were out of town.  She was hidden real good, I looked every where I could think of and couldn't find her.

Needless to say TK was not amused that I came back.

IMG_0919.JPG

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

My sister had this photo up of the Marvel man up and his new favorite perch in the kitchen...

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 11.11.16 PM.png

• Upvote 21

"Look how high I am."  also "King I am King - because I am higher than you."  

• Upvote 9

Congratulations, Marvel, on your new skill!

Cats do like to get on top of the cupboards if the cabinets don't go all the way up to the ceiling.  

Our Snorpi used to like getting on top of the fridge.  My daughters and son-in-law changed out a shelf that he used as a way station and he could no longer make it.  He settled for getting into a corner of the countertop.  He was hidden away, but could keep tabs on what was going on.  There is probably still Snorpi fur on top of the fridge.

Earlier than that, my parents' cat, Wuzzy, like to sleep on top of their china cabinet.  One snowy day when Wuzzy was cozily ensconced on top of the cabinet, we heard a BOOM!  and saw a black furry cat hit the ceiling.  My cousin had been cutting down a tree near the house and it crashed into the roof.  The tree crashing into the house didn't stop Wuzzy from sleeping on top of the china cabinet although she was startled a bit.  Btw, Wuzzy had a brother that looked like her named Fuzzy.  Fuzzy, Wuzzy and Snorpi have all gone to the Bridge now, but they were all wonderful cats.

• Upvote 5

My feline headship, Eli, doesn't like to climb any higher than the top of the couch. He's more of a ground dweller. He has beaten my husband and I into submission enough to not need to look down on us.

• Upvote 12

Marvel's always been a bit of a climber, it doesn't do much good to hide things on tops of shelves or the like because he gets up there. 

• Upvote 3

Jackson Galaxy talks about how some cats are more secure in high places and some like to be in low places like under a bed or sofa.  He urges cat parents to find out which their cats are and to catify to satisfy their cats' needs:  tall cat trees for those that want to be high and lower hide-holes for the cats that like to be low.  Btw, Maine Coons and Norwegian Forest Cats like to be up high.

My ultimate high places cat was Molly who used to like to climb on the house and go up into the attic.  She'd sit in the hall waiting for us to pull the stairs down.  I even caught her sitting atop the chimney a couple of times.  She's with the other cats, playing and climbing at the Bridge.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Jackson Galaxy talks about how some cats are more secure in high places and some like to be in low places like under a bed or sofa.  He urges cat parents to find out which their cats are and to catify to satisfy their cats' needs:  tall cat trees for those that want to be high and lower hide-holes for the cats that like to be low.  Btw, Maine Coons and Norwegian Forest Cats like to be up high.

My ultimate high places cat was Molly who used to like to climb on the house and go up into the attic.  She'd sit in the hall waiting for us to pull the stairs down.  I even caught her sitting atop the chimney a couple of times.  She's with the other cats, playing and climbing at the Bridge.

My late fur niece Morgan was also a climber - but not as extensive a one as Marvel is.  She loved being on top of the fridge and kitchen cabinets.

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 1.24.14 PM.png

I remember one time when my sister and brother in law came up and brought her along because she was having issues being left alone for long periods of time.  (Maggie couldn't care less about being left alone).  Anyways we were out all day, going to a baseball game and we came home to find pictures Mom had taken of Morgan sitting on the fridge.  I think Mom didn't want Morgan up there but Morgan wasn't really paying attention to any suggestions to get down from the fridge.    

• Upvote 14

My sister found Marvel perched on a chair today, trying to catch that elusive brown tail.

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 10.54.09 PM.png

• Upvote 13

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Kitty Pictures