IGNORED

Kitty Pictures

HerNameIsBuffy

My daughter came home and look what was waiting for her in her (unmade - don't judge) bed...

and

IMG_0562sm.jpg

This makes me so bummed I'm in my kitty free office when this is awaiting me at home...

IMG_0567sm.jpg

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

These photos really make me miss our little guy. They are adorable, HNIB!!

that reminds me of two of my brother's kitties. they loooove to snuggle and nap with each other.

These photos really make me miss our little guy. They are adorable, HNIB!!

Thanks! The orangish one laying butt to butt with the tummy exposer is Ginger. (spelled wrong, I know!) She was a stray who wandered into my work and my husband agreed to come and get her, take her to the vet to see if she was chipped, and if not take her to a no kill shelter. That was 3 years ago and as you can see she never made it to the shelter.

I work in manufacturing and she wandered into the factory and started jumping up on some press brakes and spot welding machines scaring the operators and then trying to find food in the trash. For the first couple of years she loved everyone in the family except me, and animals usually adore me (people not so much, but animals do probably because they know I prefer them to people) and she didn't seem to like me. Didn't hiss or claw, just avoided me and would basically meow at me to fuck off if I tried to pet her. Now she has warmed up to me a little bit but I'm still her person of last resort when she wants to snuggle.

I think it's because she smelled work on me - not that I smell but with their senses maybe she knows that where I go every day is where she was scared and hungry and alone...and I'm the one who caught her and put her in a carrier which she hated. The human headship is the one who brought her home, gave her treats, let her out and made her comfy. By the time I got home the lines were drawn. He was her chosen one and I was ...the other one who can also open cans.

The little gray guy is Sham-Wow and he's the eternal adoreable toddler. He naps all day so he can keep waking me up at night to play. if I ignore him he licks my eyebrows until I wake up...I adore cats but that's not something you can ignore! Ouch!

• Upvote 2

Purdy kitty! Cats are contortionist when it comes to sleeping positions.

That is awesome stuff. Cats are so cool. Here's my problem: dog lovers love dogs but often hate cats. Cat lovers love cats AND DOGS! Pisses me off, actually. You have to understand cats to love them. And dogs are pathetically happy to show their love (dependence?), while cats make you earn it, which is, obviously, more rewarding. :wink-kitty:

What that has to do with anything, I do not know. (I'm in the depths of despair that our Blue Jays are down two games to none. Shit! Or it could be the wine. Or both. :shifty: )

Here's my handsome guy. Clearly he made Pepsi his idol. (Although he loved KFC more!)

post-12112-14452000940969_thumb.jpeg

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

There's a video out on Huffington Post of cats vs. cucumbers where unsuspecting cats get startled by cucumbers;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sneaky-cucumbers-startle-unsuspecting-cats_56465306e4b0603773490b54

I informed my sister of this video.  She asked her husband if he could pick them up a cucumber on his way home.  We'll have to see how their two felines, particularly the younger boy cat, react to the cucumber.

• Upvote 1

I am unashamedly admitting that I watched that over and over yesterday. When I stopped by the grocery store salad bar for my lunch today, I ambled over and got a cucumber! I can't wait to get home to my furkids.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Tried it with my easily startled one and I should have caught it on video but I didn't expect it to work.  As in the video clips, my husband put down the cucumber next to her while she was eating.  A few seconds later she turned her head and caught sight of it.  She took 5 panicked steps backwards, jumped straight up into the air and vaulted the cucumber and touched down some 4 feet away and then hid for a good 20 minutes.  Impressive for a cat that weighs 18lbs.

Going to try it with the orange one tonight, this time I'll have the camera ready.  

• Upvote 3

This is my feline niece TK - she belongs to my brother and sister-in-law.  My sister-in-law found her at her old place when she was just a couple weeks old with her mama and siblings nowhere to be found.  She raised TK up to the young lady she is today.

Last night TK decided she wanted to go outside for a while and every time my sister-in-law tried to bring her back in she'd take off.  After about 45 minutes she came back in, spooked by something.  This is her post outside adventure last night.  Hopefully with all the snow that'll cure any go outside desires for a while.

IMG_6551.jpg

• Upvote 6

• 3 months later...

An Ames, Iowa cat was a bat little kitty - they received a 911 call but only had silence...

kwqc.com/2016/02/29/cops-respond-after-iowa-cat-calls-911/

“We call that a ‘hang up 911’ and always send an officer to [the location of the call],” a police spokesperson said.

The responding offer discovered that while the call originated from Ames Pet Hospital, none of the employees had dialed 911.

An investigation soon implicated ten-month-old Smudge the cat, a feline resident of the hospital who had stepped on a button pre-programmed to dial 911.

Ames Police posted on Facebook that the officer made Smudge promise to never call again “unless there is an emergency.”

And the pet hospital took a mug shot of their wayward feline...

Screen Shot 2016-02-29 at 8.41.59 PM.png

• Upvote 8

Well, we never had a cat that called the cops or 911 that I know of, but one of my daughters accidentally called the police when she was 2 or 3.  She was playing with the phone.  She may have accidentally called Japan when we were at a conference in Chicago around the same time.

• Upvote 1

a long time ago, i had a phone/answering machine combo that had a speaker-record button.  when the phone would ring, the cat would go to the phone and frequently step on the speaker button, which also recorded the call.  telemarketers would get very confused.  

then i had another phone that made the dog howl when it rang.  and the zebra finches like most cell phone ringtones.  it's just a big old noisy mess around here!!

• Upvote 3

That is adorable. I've never heard of a cat calling 911 before, mine usually just manages to rotate the screen on my laptop.

In less than 24 hours I shall be hugging this little guy again!

Cannot.  Wait.

Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 10.15.04 PM.png

• Upvote 9

That's a great face he's making. I also like the lopsided spot. I clicked on the thread though thinking it had something to do with religion. Cats get about equal billing at times :)

• Upvote 2

Down in St. Louis now.

Maggie and Marvel have been properly greeted and then hugged several times. 

Marvel's being his naughty self.

Maggie is feeling much better and attacking my backpack like she normally does.  Got a picture of her doing her best busted look.

IMG_8125.jpg

IMG_8133.jpg

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Kitty Pictures