samurai_sarah

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Jill, Anna, and Jinger are all due within a couple months of one another they will just go ON and ON and ON about it ON Counting ON. 

I really hope they go with Matthew for this poor boy and don't saddle him with something weird. That's the last thing he needs. 

Well color me surprised!  It's FRIDAY!  Lots of WTF happens on a Friday on FJ but I was expecting someone fundie to join in to some topic and then flounce.

I just hope they don't choose a middle name so that the first name middle name combo is silly, like they did with poor Marcus. 

9 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

But she did give a month. I'm guessing she didn't lock down a date because of how late she went with Israel. I mean, she was due like March 24th (ish) and didn't give birth nearly 2 weeks. 

Anna and Josh usually at least announce the month. I don't think there was a date for Meredith, but I do remember them saying it would be in July. 

That's true but it's probably due to Josh being the father. 

All I could think when I saw the announcement was "oh no." Yeah. Not surprised but also disappointed as all get out. Definitely low-key though, no picture and no video, nothing to show how visibly pregnant Anna is or to show Josh to the public at all.

But they really kind of *do* have to make an announcement if they want to be at all in charge of their own publicity, so Anna's probably to the point where her pregnancy is getting obvious and if anyone saw her, took a picture, and shared it on social media it would get out ahead of them and their PR team AGAIN. At least this way they have some control over their message (as they see it)? I mean, it's not like they can simply fail to acknowledge that she's pregnant and having a baby forever...

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

That's true but it's probably due to Josh being the father. 

I agree, but I still find it odd. I'm thinking they won't announce the baby is born for a few weeks or even months afterward. 

1 minute ago, Pukingpearl said:

Miracle. Malachi. They're going to go weird on this one, I can feel it.

I could see Miracle if were going to be a girl, but they've said it's a boy and I have a hard time seeing them naming a boy Miracle. Much stranger things have happened in the fundie sphere though.

2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I just hope they don't choose a middle name so that the first name middle name combo is silly, like they did with poor Marcus. 

Oh Marcus!  I was naming the M kids off in my head and that's the name I could not remember. #toomanyMkids

It's probably quite sad to have to mention your husband's infidelities and sexual predation in your baby announcement. 

1 minute ago, metheglyn said:

I could see Miracle if were going to be a girl, but they've said it's a boy and I have a hard time seeing them naming a boy Miracle. Much stranger things have happened in the fundie sphere though.

I agree miracle is much more feminine, but this is the family that came up with Jinger. 

Ugghh I logged in and saw this topic was HOT, I knew there would be an announcement. 

Of course it was inevitable really and shouldn't be a surprise. But I did think they would try get this baby announcement lost by having another big announcement after it to overshadow interest and talk on it. Then when a new engagement and a new courtship was announced recently, I thought phew not just yet for Anna.  Oh well, there goes my theory on how they would handle the next baby announcement. 

On 3/5/2017 at 1:55 PM, bananabread said:

Mr. Bananabread is adamant that had Smuggar been born into a normal family, he would have been a jerky philandering frat boy, and that maybe after years of that he would have mellowed out and been a decent family man. I'm not sure if Smuggar's many faults are fixable, but I think some time to get it out of his system may have helped. I certainly knew people in college who were crazy wild for four years, then decided they'd had enough of that lifestyle and were ready to commit to a wife and family.

(This is of course only in reference to the adultery/Ashley Madison stuff, not his actions as a teenager. That's an entirely different issue.)

You know,my son said something very similar.He said that if Josh had not had such a sheltered life,he may not have molested his sisters,and if he had sown a few wild oats,maybe just , maybe ,he would have turned out a little different.But who knows?

Summary of today in a particular order...

1) Trump continues  (thanks Fundies) and won't shake hands with a woman leader (maybe it was the pantsuit?)

2) Kelly and Peter (WOW! guess there is more room in the closet to store stuff with 6!!! eleventy kids - and poor Kelly, I really feel so bad for her.)

3) Anna and Smugger expecting M5.  She's not going ANYWHERE!

I knew it would happen sooner or later, I hope for the sake of the kids they are happy. I wish them well, again mainly for the sake of those innocent children. Josh and Anna so far have picked nice names apart from the spelling of Mackynze and putting Marcus and Anthony together. I think Matthew, Max, Mason or Mitchell

I feel so very sad for Anna. I feel she may not be deliriously happy about this either. She is pregnant because that is the life she leads. Not because she made an educated informed decision to have another baby with this man. Deciding to stay with Josh meant more pregnancies because it's all or nothing with patriarchy (remember their sickening vows?) and now it has inevitably happened. 

By the the time I was pregnant with my last baby, my respect for my (now ex) husband had been so eroded by years of bullshit and various issues including his mental ill-health, I just couldn't muster up much excitement. But at the time I felt duty bound, and I got on with it. Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing, but I'll never forget that heavy feeling of responsibility that my baby's dad couldn't be relied on and this was not going to be easy. My heart breaks for her.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived