IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the Shower Rack- Part 21

samurai_sarah

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That kid looks so much like Jim Bob, I just can't look at those photos lol. 

Oh gosh I knoooow. Every time I look at that kid I feel bad. He is the spitting image of Grandpa Boob.

Well, I think we can definitively say that the Dullards are not permanently returning to Danger America. Who puts up a tree in their home (this pic was taken at the Guesthouse) if they're not coming back?  They  should be leaving for Honduras today, not putting up trees. At worst, they go on the El Salvador mission that begins on the 10th, but it's now pretty certain that even if they do that, they'll be back. 

jill and israel with christmas tree dec 1.jpg

39 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Oh gosh I knoooow. Every time I look at that kid I feel bad. He is the spitting image of Grandpa Boob.

Not seeing it at all.  He's an adorable little blond kid and his personality may be very, very, different from his Grandpa's.

Come on folks.  Lay off the kids.:confusion-shrug:

Maybe Derrick should go back to Danger America and leave his family in Arkansas so that Jill can recover from the shower rack incident. No different that military families or families with one parent with out of state jobs.

Jill continues to be a Stage 5 Clinger. No way that an arrangement like that would ever work at this point in time. Maybe when she grows up a little she can actually go back. 

Derick has a business degree with an emphasis on Accounting. He can and should get a job in the US. Mission work does not suit his wife. He needs to man-up and do the hard, right thing.

Well, if that house that Jim Bob is remodeling is really meant to be a church, Derick may be hired on as its bookkeeper. Yet another way to keep his spawn under his thumb. 

Since it's now clear that the Dillards are not returning to Danger America anytime soon (would SOS even allow them on a missioncation now that they're not permanent employees any longer?), I should hope that Derick got a job, although that job is going to have to be part-time and conducive to filming schedules. 

Derick did some substitute teaching which is obviously part time and at his convenience. I think Izzy is adorable.

I'm ALL ABOUT DerJill's dramatic, racist, Trump-voting asses staying out of Central America forever. They're awful for putting on airs about serving the "indigenous believers" while supporting politicians who are openly prejudiced toward Latino people. Hope they enjoy their Bible classes!

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

Well, I think we can definitively say that the Dullards are not permanently returning to Danger America. Who puts up a tree in their home (this pic was taken at the Guesthouse) if they're not coming back?  They  should be leaving for Honduras today, not putting up trees. At worst, they go on the El Salvador mission that begins on the 10th, but it's now pretty certain that even if they do that, they'll be back. 

jill and israel with christmas tree dec 1.jpg

I thought that the Duggars don't do Christmas trees? Did someone already mention this. If so, I apologize.

I saw a recent (Thanksgiving)? picture of Jill from another angle in a "news" article. I won't comment on whether her belly seemed to have a significant "bump." 

But hypothetically speaking, if she were pregnant and several months along, what do you think would be her reasons for not sharing that with the public this time around? Waiting to confirm that the baby does not have side-effects Zika? Trying to fuel speculation to keep people interested? Tired of public backlash? 

1 hour ago, eandre31 said:

I thought that the Duggars don't do Christmas trees? Did someone already mention this. If so, I apologize

The Duggars may not but the Dillards obviously do. :D

Jill did say that if she became pregnant they wouldn't go back so....

Not speculating on her looking pregnant, just possibly being pregnant and therefore not going back to the Mission Field right now.

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Not seeing it at all.  He's an adorable little blond kid and his personality may be very, very, different from his Grandpa's.

Come on folks.  Lay off the kids.:confusion-shrug:

Who said anything about his personality? Personally I think Izzy seems like a spitfire and I love it. But if my grandpa was a douche I wouldn't want to look like him either. If Israel ever breaks free when he grows up (or before!) it would probably suck to be a physical reminder of the cult he came from. That's all I meant, speaking for me, not sure about the person I was responding to. But in any case, I won't comment further.

41 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Jill did say that if she became pregnant they wouldn't go back so....

Really?

And re: xmas trees...I thought that was a thing too! A Gothard anti-pagan thing...

24 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Really?

And re: xmas trees...I thought that was a thing too! A Gothard anti-pagan thing...

She said it during that end of season interview they did where Jeremy surprised Jinger.  The last episode before the wedding. She made a point of saying that they're trying to get pregnant.  

The Duggars followed Gothard but Derick didn't and probably grew up with a tree and Jill has to follow the headship's lead on this.

I'm probably late on this (newbie), but do we know for sure why Derick got that facial surgery? I'm assuming it's orthodontic shenanigans; I had a friend in high school who had that exact same procedure to bring her top jaw forward because it was too far receded into her head or something. I also recall that it was really intense, she had her mouth wired shut for a month, and was swollen for months afterward; sounds like something that wouldn't mix well with international travel. :/

This is news to me that the Duggars don't put up a Christmas tree. I could have sworn I remember seeing one in an old episode. Weird.

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Derick has a business degree with an emphasis on Accounting. He can and should get a job in the US. Mission work does not suit his wife. He needs to man-up and do the hard, right thing.

Derick likely grew up in a home where his mom would say something if she did not agree with major life choices like living in Central America. When she says she wants to go back he might actually believe her. He may not be a total douch, just clueless. Just speculation, giving the benifit of the doubt.  

24 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

This is news to me that the Duggars don't put up a Christmas tree. I could have sworn I remember seeing one in an old episode. Weird.

They put garlands everywhere, but I can't remember seeing an actual tree. 

5 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Derick likely grew up in a home where his mom would say something if she did not agree with major life choices like living in Central America. When she says she wants to go back he might actually believe her. He may not be a total douch, just clueless. Just speculation, giving the benifit of the doubt.  

Yeah, in an adult relationship, if a partner says they want to do this thing, or that thing, the other partner should take them at their work, because otherwise life is a hellish mess of trying parse what they really mean (shudders, I'm never doing that again).  And equally, having a partner second-guess everything you say is unhealthy too.

I totally get that it would be harder for Jill than for a lot of people, to say she doesn't want to go back, BUT if this is how she feels, she's not helping anyone by not speaking up.

But to jump on my own speculation bus:  I was wondering if her recent post about Nepalese bracelets means maybe they'd want to go back to Nepal instead?  She visited there, and he has history there, and people wouldn't expect her to learn the language...  I wouldn't be surprised if they tried a missioncation in a different part of the world...

9 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

She said it during that end of season interview they did where Jeremy surprised Jinger.  The last episode before the wedding. She made a point of saying that they're trying to get pregnant.  

The Duggars followed Gothard but Derick didn't and probably grew up with a tree and Jill has to follow the headship's lead on this.

Trying to get pregnant? That's not leaving it up to God ...

Anyway, I'm glad they seem to be staying. The Catholics in Sintral America are better off without them.

2 minutes ago, alba said:

Trying to get pregnant? That's not leaving it up to God ...

Anyway, I'm glad they seem to be staying. The Catholics in Sintral America are better off without them.

Yeah, I thought every time they had sweet fellowship they were trying to get pregnant. Or is that just Jim Boob and Mechelle?

Regarding Christmas trees.  They had them, then they stopped having them because there were too many small children and it wasn't safe/too much hassle.  I'm not sure if the Duggars themselves have done christmas trees recently, but it certainly wasn't banned/sinfull.  Jessa and Ben are on their second.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived