IGNORED

Jill, Derick, Israel and the Shower Rack- Part 21

samurai_sarah

Thread title: If I recall correctly, it was the shower RACK that fell, not the shower rod. A shower rack would be more like a shelf for shampoos and things and often hangs from the shower head. It would make much more noise falling down.  I'm sometimes a very literal reader; sorry.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to Izzy's eye, that injury scares me. Seems awful close to the eyeball and I sincerely hope, as you said, they messed with the timing of the pix. Otherwise, GET THAT CHILD TO A DOCTOR STAT!!!

6 minutes ago, luxfilia said:

Thread title: If I recall correctly, it was the shower RACK that fell, not the shower rod. A shower rack would be more like a shelf for shampoos and things and often hangs from the shower head. It would make much more noise falling down.  I'm sometimes a very literal reader; sorry.

No worries. I'm ESL and welcome corrections. :)

6 hours ago, Terrier99 said:

In regards to Izzy's eye, that injury scares me. Seems awful close to the eyeball and I sincerely hope, as you said, they messed with the timing of the pix. Otherwise, GET THAT CHILD TO A DOCTOR STAT!!!

It may actually be a skin thing (like dermatitis), rather than an injury. Especially if Izzy keeps scratching, it might take a long time to go away. If that is the case, I do hope they've taken him to see a doctor.

It's definitely strange that they keep posting photos of Izzy with whatever it is (injury, rash) without addressing it. A lot of people are worrying about him, and it would be so easy to just say "Izzy has a little rash below his eye, but the doctor says it should go away on its own" or "Izzy fell and hurt himself a little, but he's all better now and it's healing nicely" or something. Just ignoring it seems very strange.

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

It may actually be a skin thing (like dermatitis), rather than an injury. Especially if Izzy keeps scratching, it might take a long time to go away. If that is the case, I do hope they've taken him to see a doctor.

It's definitely strange that they keep posting photos of Izzy with whatever it is (injury, rash) without addressing it. A lot of people are worrying about him, and it would be so easy to just say "Izzy has a little rash below his eye, but the doctor says it should go away on its own" or "Izzy fell and hurt himself a little, but he's all better now and it's healing nicely" or something. Just ignoring it seems very strange.

Even just a simple, "people ask a lot about Izzy's face...well, curious toddlers and head-height furniture don't always mix!" would suffice and allay people's concerns.

On 11/25/2016 at 5:13 PM, candygirl200413 said:

While I also read the article about Zika staying in the body, I was also thinking they still don't have jobs... and if they do have a baby with profound disabilities then I'm also like how would they even afford that?

It's simple: you just do what Jim Bob and Michelle did with Josie (whore out your medically fragile preemie to reality television the second she's born), plus add in a whole lot of grifting from fans (oh, look at us, we want to go be useless in El Salvador, and we needed money for that before, but now we need more because we have a profoundly disabled child!), and maybe get a book ghost-written/do a speaking tour about how godly and awesome you are for not getting an abortion and how your profoundly disabled child (whom you will never properly educate or teach coping skills/independence) teaches you to know God and stuff.

If Jill isn't pregnant, then she needs to reevaluate her clothing choices. The shirt she's wearing in this Thanksgiving picture looks like a maternity shirt. Or maybe it's just the bulk of the shirt with the bulk of the top. That shirt would look so much cuter with leggings. I just don't understand why a shirt like that and leggings would be considered soooo immodest. 

2 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

If Jill isn't pregnant, then she needs to reevaluate her clothing choices. The shirt she's wearing in this Thanksgiving picture looks like a maternity shirt. Or maybe it's just the bulk of the shirt with the bulk of the top. That shirt would look so much cuter with leggings. I just don't understand why a shirt like that and leggings would be considered soooo immodest. 

I mean, it's a tunic. Which is very in style right now. Derick has said outright that Jill is not pregnant, can we stop with this speculation? It's bordering on body shaming. The Duggars are not notorious for waiting to announce a pregnancy, I'm sure when Jill gets pregnant again she will let us know as soon as the stick is pink. 

45 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

I mean, it's a tunic. Which is very in style right now. Derick has said outright that Jill is not pregnant, can we stop with this speculation? It's bordering on body shaming. The Duggars are not notorious for waiting to announce a pregnancy, I'm sure when Jill gets pregnant again she will let us know as soon as the stick is pink. 

There's no body shaming going on here. I didn't say Jill looks bad. I said she looks pregnant. And I think that's fair game when this family has built their entire fame on their fertility. 

And I don't believe a word Derick says. The Duggars lie whenever it suits them. They always have. 

This whole "quit body shaming" them thing is getting a bit ridiculous. This is a snark board. And I'm in a forum about a family that not only obsessively talks about their fertility but has exploited it for money and fame. If they don't want people speculating about whether or not they're pregnant then they should stop using their fertility as a main plot on their show. 

The hand slapping every time someone thinks they're pregnant is really getting old. 

I think she looks pregnant, too, but.. I can't get past how she's clinging to Derick. The brother Dillards looks so much more comfortable with each other. Jill looks like she's holding onto a life preserver.

I think Jill experienced culture shock and just never got over it. Instead of familiarizing herself with the area she was in (which is one way to get over it), she walled herself up in their home and constantly lived in fear. She probably has no coping skills, and I wonder if she just didn't say anything to Derick because she must have a happy countenance at all times. The shower rack falling may have been an overreaction due to her constantly living in fear. That might explain the reaction of her sisters when she told the story on camera. They knew it was an overreaction to a non-threat, but in that moment in Central America in Jill's mind it was everything she feared coming true. 

If there were instances where they were legitimately fearing for their lives due to real threats, I would think they would've packed up their stuff and left. 

They said they don't even always have water. Or maybe it was hot water. Derick is obsessed. There are Catholics that need saving in Arkansas I'm sure. Ha ha. Jill is probably jealous of Deena getting to live in Arkansas. I find the whole missioncation thing insane. That is from my point of view. 

5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Even just a simple, "people ask a lot about Izzy's face...well, curious toddlers and head-height furniture don't always mix!" would suffice and allay people's concerns.

I think it would not stop the speculations.  People would then talk about how they are not careful enough, not mature enough, strange accidents, that they should not make fun of their child's injuries.... You get it. It is a complicated topic. They are somewhat of public personalities so of course their followers feel as it is their right to know, but then those followers are almost all complete strangers. I would not want to explain everything I post to random people who happen to follow me, but then I don't make money from exploiting me and my family on TV and social media. Long story short: in those cases they just can't win. 

I hope they know what they are doing and see a doctor if necessary. Sadly I think they will pray to Jeebus

2 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

There's no body shaming going on here. I didn't say Jill looks bad. I said she looks pregnant. And I think that's fair game when this family has built their entire fame on their fertility. 

And I don't believe a word Derick says. The Duggars lie whenever it suits them. They always have. 

This whole "quit body shaming" them thing is getting a bit ridiculous. This is a snark board. And I'm in a forum about a family that not only obsessively talks about their fertility but has exploited it for money and fame. If they don't want people speculating about whether or not they're pregnant then they should stop using their fertility as a main plot on their show. 

The hand slapping every time someone thinks they're pregnant is really getting old. 

I wasn't aware that we could comment on women's figures and say they look pregnant every 10 minutes but it's not body shaming because they are on TV. 

No, it's body shaming. Speculate all day because she's said she wants a mega family. But the second you say her stomach or body looks pregnant, you are body shaming and it's disgusting. All of the snark fodder on these people and you go for the most shallow of all. 

She could be gaining weight purely from being back in the states. I know when any of my friends and myself visited the states from Japan we would gain a few pounds from all the american food. We would get excited about that food item that we can't get back in Japan and eat it whenever we wanted. 

Heck, when we would move back to the states from Japan we would gain weight just from the differences in food. American food is HUGE and full of sodium and sugar. 

Don't know what the food differences are between where Jill and Derrick were and America but it could be a thing. 

I went to 6 countries apart from Japan and experienced similar portion sizes and foods

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I think she looks pregnant, too, but.. I can't get past how she's clinging to Derick. The brother Dillards looks so much more comfortable with each other. Jill looks like she's holding onto a life preserver.

What is wrong with standing up and putting your arms around each other? When did that stop being a common pose? Jeez. As for Jill, it my just be that she's wearing a lot of layers or she may be pregnant. Who knows? Duggars lie, it's their thing. 

In terms of Izzy.

This is not the first  eye/cheek boo-boo that he has sported in his 20 months on the planet. Maybe he is really precocious???  This could be another reason why Jill has seemingly changed in how she presents??? Some kids are just plain hard. 

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

In terms of Izzy.

This is not the first  eye/cheek boo-boo that he has sported in his 20 months on the planet. Maybe he is really precocious???  This could be another reason why Jill has seemingly changed in how she presents??? Some kids are just plain hard. 

I agree.  My youngest is 14 months and just about constantly has a goose egg bump on his head.  I'm not abusing him! Just yesterday he was walking, tripped over his own two feet and bashed his face into a wall.  But these people have parents who probably beat them growing up, so who knows??

I guess im not sure what the difference is between people saying one of the women look they could be pregnant and the also frequent commentmts that they are just gaining weight or its a "food baby" like why is that ok but saying they look potentially pregnant isnt? I think its a little confusing for people getting hand slapped for saying something that really has been common place on this board for many years. Also it seems like it only gets attention when its said about certain fundies and not others. 

Now i completely agree that pregnancy speculation can go WAY too far and creepy. Like people used to talk a lot about things like breast fullness etc and thats weird. Also my opinion is that its rude and inappropriate to go on their social media and make comments or ask personal questions. 

there are for sure higher forms of snark and more interesting conversation topics. Also i agree that its kind of pointless. We will find out eventually and can discuss it then. 

26 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

What is wrong with standing up and putting your arms around each other? When did that stop being a common pose? Jeez.

It just seems extreme to me. I would never paw my husband like that for a picture. My mileage varies, I guess.

I don't think Jill looks pregnant, and I don't think she's pawing Derick, but I do agree Jill's outfit is ill fitting.

Surely there is a fundie version of Stacey London.

7 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Them wearing skirts all the time isn't *all* about modesty. It's about separating themselves as women and being proud of it. Wearing pants is considered too "manly" and not appropriate for women.  

1 hour ago, meep said:

Them wearing skirts all the time isn't *all* about modesty. It's about separating themselves as women and being proud of it. Wearing pants is considered too "manly" and not appropriate for women.  

But Deena looks lovely in that photo. She is not immodest and looks more feminin then Jill, in my opinion. 

I wear maternity tops sometimes and I have 0 kids.  Some of them are quite cute, and I like having tops that have more room for my ample chest and a little looser in the waist.  

The issue with Jill's outfit, IMO, is that it isn't really appropriate for a holiday dinner.  It's the fundie version of a hoodie and sweatpants: oversized, baggy shirt and oversized, baggy skirt.  Which again, is fine.  I wear a version of that outfit ALL the time when I'm running errands, working in the yard, working around the house, having a lazy weekend, or whatever.  But for a holiday dinner, even a casual one, it really just looks sloppy.  You really should show your hosts/guests the honor of wearing clothes that actually fit (they can still be loose like Deena's), and not look like you just rolled out of a laundry pile.  Even Derrick, while casual, still looks groomed and is wearing clothes that fit.  

I dig Jill's more hippie, flowy, casual vibe.  It's very close to my own.  But you gotta make sure you don't cross the line into sloppy, and I think she definitely did here.  Some leggings and a shorter, more fitted skirt would have balanced the top out and made it look just fine.  Or a more fitted top with the same skirt.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived