IGNORED

Lydia Coghlan Hinrichs Talks FJ

teachergirl

Lydia had never emerged from the amorphous mass of Coghlan progeny as an individual to me before this thread.  

14 hours ago, Bretta said:

C'mon, don't paint us with a broad brush, Lydia! Engage on the issues, don't get hung up on name-calling. Some things like abuse of power, irresponsible parenting, and downright abuse that go on in (our?) fundie circles are just plain wrong.

Perish the thought!  Even if she had been taught to think critically, she's far too busy making fun of us boasting about having made the cut and been snarked on here to all her friends.

I'd like to know what she and her cabal really think of the Fall of Doug and demise of Vision Forum.  It affected her family more than most.  Now the lawsuit has been settled let's hear from them.

2 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

What was weird to me was someone Like Dillon Grady commenting

"Welcome to the 'hated by FJ' club."  Hmm.  I don't ever remember posting about him let alone hating him.  Was he a former intern?  I can't remember, although I do remember being very protective of his mother.  So, Dillon, what do you think of Jen Fishburne these days?  Have you figured out who TW Eston is, and were you pals with my least favorite VF younger generation twerp of all - Nathaniel Darnell?

I suppose it's not weird that they are all coming out of the woodwork.  This is the next generation reaching adulthood - and if they want our attention for preaching hatred they can have it.  

I was so pissed when the Reconstructionist Theonomists' FB page went private.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

What was weird to me was someone Like Dillon Grady commenting....I think we have only ever talked about his wedding announcement and son being born as well as his wife's connection to Lourdes Torres.  Nothing bad or mean right?  I will also like to say this about them and in particular Lydia, things are going well right now but when you have two marginally employed people and no education and life happens and it will, things could go bad quickly.  These people seem to jump from job to job and nothing ever seems to be a solid job with insurance, benefits, etc.  You look at their job histories and they either cant hold on or  move on to another low wage job.  I will say it again, the saddest thing is to see all of them have the chance to expand their horizons and they never do. 

The Coghlans seem to have embraced wordliness a bit more than others, and I think that probably has to do with the implosion of VF. Perry and Kim seemed pretty bitter about the whole thing by the end. A shame that the adult kids, with the possible exception of Deanna, still lack the ability or interest to broaden their views.

8 minutes ago, withaj said:

..... A shame that the adult kids, with the possible exception of Deanna, still lack the ability or interest to broaden their views.

Patience, grasshopper. They all have the standard number of eyes and ears. Eventually, you may see some flickers of revelation among their young faces. 

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Lydia had never emerged from the amorphous mass of Coghlan progeny as an individual to me before this thread.  

Perish the thought!  Even if she had been taught to think critically, she's far too busy making fun of us boasting about having made the cut and been snarked on here to all her friends.

I'd like to know what she and her cabal really think of the Fall of Doug and demise of Vision Forum.  It affected her family more than most.  Now the lawsuit has been settled let's hear from them.

"Welcome to the 'hated by FJ' club."  Hmm.  I don't ever remember posting about him let alone hating him.  Was he a former intern?  I can't remember, although I do remember being very protective of his mother.  So, Dillon, what do you think of Jen Fishburne these days?  Have you figured out who TW Eston is, and were you pals with my least favorite VF younger generation twerp of all - Nathaniel Darnell?

I suppose it's not weird that they are all coming out of the woodwork.  This is the next generation reaching adulthood - and if they want our attention for preaching hatred they can have it.  

I was so pissed when the Reconstructionist Theonomists' FB page went private.

It is SO dead on that page. Posts are few and far between and most get no comments and only a couple of likes. You're not missing anything exciting anymore. 

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes, what do they think of it all, considering that Lydia & her new husband are working at dead-end jobs of shaky stability and few if any benefits? Then there's her father, cobbling together equally shaky employment to support the family.

Meanwhile, Justice hikes the Pacific Crest Trail, Joshua enjoys himself at Reformation Bible "College" & has fun using expensive camera equipment, and Liberty & her younger sisters travel to Europe and around the US with their singing gigs.

28 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

It is SO dead on that page. Posts are few and far between and most get no comments and only a couple of likes. You're not missing anything exciting anymore. 

Well, that makes me feel better, because like Palimpsest, I was just infuriated when they closed it. OMG, the insanity of that page back in the day. Power games, nasty gossip, long-standing feuds... It was like everything I'd ever dreamed of coming true-- and then being cruelly snatched away. 

I'm famous!!!! Wow, I'd like to thank my parents, for raising me to be such a hateful troll, and my husband, who encourages such awful behavior, and who could forget my cats, who are the only living beings ever to feel my affectionate touch since I've never met a human child. (Fun fact, like most feminists, I was never a child myself since I emerged fully formed from a pod, clutching a bottle of Chardonnay to my breast.)  And lastly, thank you to all the godless bitches here at FJ, may god have mercy on your souls.

Screenshot_2016-11-26-10-03-31.png

Dear Dillon: but you do have the time to read here and comment about us, regardless of the location. We are here discussing the dangers of your lifestyle, and laughing with one another when situations are depressing (see Rodrigues family educational neglect, for which we laugh at the parents, not the kids.) When nothing can be done outside of notifying authorities of any evident abuse, sharing a laugh at the perpetrators' expense is all reasonable people can do. We are pushing aside the feeling of helplessness that arises upon seeing large groups of children being mistreated. Why are we really here? To shine a light on the harm fundamentalism does. Please quit pointing fingers at us, and spend that time hugging your kids and loving them *unconditionally*. Now what was that verse about plank and eye?

Just now, 16strong said:

Dear Dillon: but you do have the time to read here and comment about us, regardless of the location. We are here discussing the dangers of your lifestyle, and laughing with one another when situations are depressing (see Rodrigues family educational neglect, for which we laugh at the parents, not the kids.) When nothing can be done outside of notifying authorities of any evident abuse, sharing a laugh at the perpetrators' expense is all reasonable people can do. We are pushing aside the feeling of helplessness that arises upon seeing large groups of children being mistreated. Why are we really here? To shine a light on the harm fundamentalism does. Please quit pointing fingers at us, and spend that time hugging your kids and loving them *unconditionally*. Now what was that verse about plank and eye?

Nah, he's too busy taking glamour selfies with bottles of cheap vodka!

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Yes, what do they think of it all, considering that Lydia & her new husband are working at dead-end jobs of shaky stability and few if any benefits? Then there's her father, cobbling together equally shaky employment to support the family.

Meanwhile, Justice hikes the Pacific Crest Trail, Joshua enjoys himself at Reformation Bible "College" & has fun using expensive camera equipment, and Liberty & her younger sisters travel to Europe and around the US with their singing gigs.

I hope they read this post carefully and consider the point you are making.  

So I just scrolled through a bit but got bored because the keep repeating the same thing over and over.

"Those people don't know me, they are mean and judgmental."

"yeah, they are mean and don't know what they are talking about, and mean, and judgmental."

"awww Lydia, don't feel bad, I think your GREAT!" (Which was the point of this whole post)

"yeah, they don't even know you, how mean."

"Lydia, I think your AWESOME!"

and it goes on like that the whole way.

What occurred to me was how arrogant they all are. I imagine when you are homeschooled and live a very isolated life you really don't know better. They get told how smart and wonderful and talented they are, and they believe it. 

My mom told me those things too. Then I would go to school and there were always people smarter than me. I was a good artist, but there were lots of good artists, and some way better than me. I realized there is always more to learn. I'm one among many. I need to keep up and work hard to be on top. It's fascinating to watch them.

20 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

So I just scrolled through a bit but got bored because the keep repeating the same thing over and over.

"Those people don't know me, they are mean and judgmental."

"yeah, they are mean and don't know what they are talking about, and mean, and judgmental."

"awww Lydia, don't feel bad, I think your GREAT!" (Which was the point of this whole post)

"yeah, they don't even know you, how mean."

"Lydia, I think your AWESOME!"

and it goes on like that the whole way.

What occurred to me was how arrogant they all are. I imagine when you are homeschooled and live a very isolated life you really don't know better. They get told how smart and wonderful and talented they are, and they believe it. 

My mom told me those things too. Then I would go to school and there were always people smarter than me. I was a good artist, but there were lots of good artists, and some way better than me. I realized there is always more to learn. I'm one among many. I need to keep up and work hard to be on top. It's fascinating to watch them.

They are often smug and very satisfied with themselves because they are the best christians. 

9 hours ago, teachergirl said:

What was weird to me was someone Like Dillon Grady commenting....I think we have only ever talked about his wedding announcement and son being born as well as his wife's connection to Lourdes Torres.  Nothing bad or mean right? 

I feel bad for him, he seems desperate for attention. I am embarrassed for him and his brown nosing of Lydia. Dill, tone it down, you are embarrassing yourself, and possibly your wife.

Oh, I knew it would come up eventually. Persecuted. 

You know, throughout history, the persecution of Christians wasn't a threat to their lives; they didn't have to hide or run or suffer atrocities. It was really just that those meanies around the world talked about them, without agreement.

Who the hell is Dillon? 

3 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Oh, I knew it would come up eventually. Persecuted. 

You know, throughout history, the persecution of Christians wasn't a threat to their lives; they didn't have to hide or run or suffer atrocities. It was really just that those meanies around the world talked about them, without agreement.

Who the hell is Dillon? 

Dillon is a mindless sycophant follower of Lydia. He really, really wants to be noticed and talked about. 

Well played Lydia. You got attention and head pats! Hope you feel special and important now!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Persecution sure has come a long way since the days of St. Stephen, eh?

He probably doesn't count since he was an evil Catholic.

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

I feel bad for him, he seems desperate for attention. I am embarrassed for him and his brown nosing of Lydia. Dill, tone it down, you are embarrassing yourself, and possibly your wife.

Wait you're saying this slice of cheese toast has a wife??!? :pb_lol:

His wife is Clara Matanful, sister of Nolan who was married to Lourdes Torres briefly.  They will have been married three years this January ( I think)  and have a 9 month old son named Gideon. Dillon is 24 and Clara just turned 22.

I read a bit and had to laugh when someone said do they want us to wait til 30 to have a baby? So many complications!

umm these women are having babies in their 20s, 30s and 40s!

4 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I hope they read this post carefully and consider the point you are making.  

They may read  and consider it but they sure as hell won't acknowledge the truth of it.

20 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

They may read  and consider it but they sure as hell won't acknowledge the truth of it.

Snark aside that post was profound. Maybe some good has come out of the lack of critical thinking skills they have. I would be so angry and depressed at the lack of justice. 

Archived