IGNORED

Lydia Coghlan Hinrichs Talks FJ

teachergirl

So you all need to check out Lydia Coughlan Henirichs FB page....She isn't mad about us but boy oh boy do her and all of her fundie friends have something to say about us...I thought about joining in but thought why bother? Critical thinking isn't their strong suit.....

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What am I doing wrong? I can't find her on FB. Can you give us an idea of what people are saying? I'm assuming it isn't nice. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I am terrible at linking but I will try...I think I spelled her name wrong...it is Lydia Hinrich and she gets everyone to chime in from Benjamin Serven to Mallory Sergeant....

12 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

I am terrible at linking but I will try...I think I spelled her name wrong...it is Lydia Hinrich and she gets everyone to chime in from Benjamin Serven to Mallory Sergeant....

Audrey Botkin gave an eyeroll, lol. 

We knew they all read here. At least Lydia's dad outright said Lydia likes the attention! Haha. Many of them do. That's why they have blogs and social media out the wazoo. We would have nothing to talk about if they all made their social media private, didn't makes blogs or YouTube videos, and didn't go on tv. 

So we hate homeschoolers and Christians. Well, that is rather awkward since we have  homeschooling members, Christian members and homeschooling Christians members. I'm pretty sure we have members who have past connections to VF too. 

The one person Melissa seems to think no one here has ever cared for children. Do they realize this is a diverse place where lots of members have children? 

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

At least Lydia's dad outright said Lydia likes the attention!

It does sound like she enjoys the attention and wanted us to read it. She could easily make her profile private and ask all her friends and relatives to make sure they don't post public info about her, but she doesn't. 

20 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So we hate homeschoolers and Christians. Well, that is rather awkward since we have  homeschooling members, Christian members and homeschooling Christians members. I'm pretty sure we have members who have past connections to VF too. 

The one person Melissa seems to think no one here has ever cared for children. Do they realize this is a diverse place where lots of members have children? 

It does sound like she enjoys the attention and wanted us to read it. She could easily make her profile private and ask all her friends and relatives to make sure they don't post public info about her, but she doesn't. 

The fundies who don't post all the mundane details of their lives online are rarely talked about on FJ. Michael Bates is pretty private although she comes from not private parents. She doesn't post much of anything and we rarely snark on her anymore. I mean, Lydia's own mother just posted a picture of her baby right out of the womb on her public FB page. 

And as for Lydia, well she is only 20 and alot like those of us were when we were that young. I thought I knew everything and the problem, she is 20, with very limited life, school and work experience despite what they try and sell us.  It is normal to be defensive about your lifestyle and I am sure it is very true she had a good childhood.  The fact remains Ms.Lydia and her husband will change tremendously and just like her sister, may find a in a few years things have changed.  I think most of us would hold to that we would want our children to wait to get married that young without knowing who we are, want we want and to see more of life.

3 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

And as for Lydia, well she is only 20 and alot like those of us were when we were that young. I thought I knew everything and the problem, she is 20, with very limited life, school and work experience despite what they try and sell us.  It is normal to be defensive about your lifestyle and I am sure it is very true she had a good childhood.  The fact remains Ms.Lydia and her husband will change tremendously and just like her sister, may find a in a few years things have changed.  I think most of us would hold to that we would want our children to wait to get married that young without knowing who we are, want we want and to see more of life.

Someone on her post said we all want people to have kids in their 30s and 40s, lol! I bet that the majority of posters here had at least one kid in their 20s (if they are 30+). I wanted to have my first in my 20s but it didn't work out that way. All of my family members And most of my friends had at least one kid in their 20s. A lot in their early 20s like the fundies. They really paint fJ with one broad brush. At least we differentiate the types of fundie groups ;-)

10 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

Having an education is an asset. Lots of people don't have an education, but they still get far - that's true! The difference is that fundies are PROUD when they don't have an education (or a legitimate, accredited education) and they often encourage others to do the same.

Maybe it works for you, {name fundie}, in your context. Maybe you're happy and financially secure. Think for a moment what devastating consequences bad advice can have on a young person, especially a girl's, future. Think of all the things (happiness, spirituality), that you're directly or indirectly promising people and what happens when they they aren't happy and thriving, when they're miserable and desperate . At the very least, it's misleading, at the worst, deliberately socially, financially, intellectually paralyzing. 

I swear to god, I have spent my entire life caring for other people's children even though I never had my own. So fuck that shit. 

A friend of mine had her first two children (fraternal twins) at 33 and now has, count them, seven biological children. Another friend has four and the first was born when she was 34. So what the fuck are they talking about there, too? 

Actually, the only people I know that had major complications or had children with genetic issues had them in their 20s. Yes, anecdotes are not evidence, but having babies at 20 instead of 30 is no guarantee for anything. 

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The fundies who don't post all the mundane details of their lives online are rarely talked about on FJ. Michael Bates is pretty private although she comes from not private parents. She doesn't post much of anything and we rarely snark on her anymore. I mean, Lydia's own mother just posted a picture of her baby right out of the womb on her public FB page. 

Even Spanky seems to be hiding his wedding pictures (damn him!) and instructing his friends and followers to do the same. It can be done... if that's what they truly want. 

12 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I swear to god, I have spent my entire life caring for other people's children even though I never had my own. So fuck that shit. 

A friend of mine had her first two children (fraternal twins) at 33 and now has, count them, seven biological children. Another friend has four and the first was born when she was 34. So what the fuck are they talking about there, too? 

Actually, the only people I know that had major complications or had children with genetic issues had them in their 20s. Yes, anecdotes are not evidence, but having babies at 20 instead of 30 is no guarantee for anything. 

What's funny is that her mother just had a baby in her 40s. All the fundies we talk about have babies in their 20s, 30s, AND 40s. So it's hilarious how they are talking about it negatively.

Just so's you know Lydia, I'm a Christian, a former homeschooler (which I loved doing), was actively trying in my 20's, although I had my only child in my early 30's, and I love kids hugely. Also, I'm a proud opponent of fundamentalism. 

So many flashbacks to my childhood and teen years, when I was surrounded by fundie-lites who proclaimed their godly superiority at the top of their lungs but took extreme offense to anyone being even slightly critical of them or their behavior. As my mamaw always said, "If you don't start none, there won't be none." In other words, if you don't run around with a holier-than-thou, look-at-me attitude and criticizing everyone who is different from you, then you'll probably avoid getting made fun of on snark sites. It's not like fundies are the only ones who get snarked on; GOMI is almost entirely dedicated to mocking (often non-religious) lifestyle and fitness bloggers, ONTD is for celebrities, Wonkette is for politicians, and so on. 

If they all collectively made their blogs private/invite-only, locked down their facebooks and instagrams, and stopped appearing on TV, what would we have to make fun of? 

(Hint: nothing.)

So what's more important to you, fundies? The attention you get from putting your business all over the internet, or not getting made fun of? 

Of course some of them read here. Hell, Ken Alexander even stopped by to try to put us in our place. That didn't go as as he planned. There have been others, but I can't recall their names.

Obsessively hate!  Hahaha, hilarious.

Love the comment about how a "well trained body" doesn't have problems with pregnancy/birth over someone who waits until their (get out the smelling salts) thirties. Yeah no. I'd rather deliver a primipara (first time mum) in their mid thirties than a grand-multipara (5+ births) in their twenties or thirties. I find the potential scariness from them (haemorrhage, uterine inversion and  so on) worse than a first time mum.  Given I'm a human and not a baby making machine my future health is important, not just the kind of pregnancy/birth I have.  Having a lot of babies non-stop is not a good thing for your body. And yeah, shortsighted criticising women who have babies late when they do that too!

Speaking of Ben Serven: He appears on Jordan Niednagel's most recent blogpost.  Jordan's another one who I imagine reads here, since he used to invite friends and foes to comment on his blog.  Doesn't seem to have the same wording now, whachagonnado.

Anywho, back to Ben Serven, who is shown doing some semi-heavy lifting at a recent Niednagel event.  Funny thing is, Mrs. B. Serven, the lovely Micaela, is not shown.  Only one dark-haired beauty per generation per blog, Jordie? 

That said, I do really love the photo on Ben's FB of his and Micaela's and the baby's hands. 

Mercy, the chorus of indignation! Persecution!! Alert the media!!!

"Who are these evil poeple (sic)?! Why do they know your name and stuff about you Lydia Hinrichs?"

Uhhh...perhaps because Lydia, her family, and so many others of their ilk have chosen to fly their patriarchy/SOTDRT/teen marriage/militant fecundity flag in a public, "I DARE you to knock this chip off my shoulder!" way?

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

My cousin was in her mid-30's when she got married and was in a hurry to have children because she worried it would be too late to have the three kids she wanted. About 6-7 years later she has just had her fourth, who was unplanned. :pb_lol:

Like you said, there are no guarantees. I have a friend who wanted to have kids in her early 20's but, sadly, found out that she was already going through menopause and would never be able to have biological children.

Of course they read here. They're obsessed with knowing what others think & say of them, and that goes double for FJ.

And no, Lydia, you're wrong, but then "graduates" of the SOTDRT frequently lack reading comprehension.

Hi, Benjamin Serven  - since you read here, here's a strong suggestion for you & your wife: Don't have any more kids until you acquire a basic understanding of human growth and development, including age-appropriate behavior in church  for an 8-month-old versus, say an 8-year-old. 

They're just a bunch of angry trolls that obsessively hate homeschoolers, christians, anyone that had any kind of connection to vf. They love to twist the truth.

This cracked me up since I'm a Christian and a Christian who (gasp) homeschooled my kids throughout elementary school, albeit for secular reasons. 

I'll accept the "angry troll" label, though. Mostly, I hate abusers and anyone who supports or promotes abuse. 

Archived