Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
SassyPants

Another Duggar courting- Joy and Austin, Pt3

Recommended Posts

SassyPants
2 hours ago, alba said:

 


Alternatively, Jana has two options in life: stay at home, where her childcare responsibilities diminish every year now that her mother's uterus has shut up shop, or lose what little control she has over her body by being "joyfully available" to her husband and spending the next 15-20 years of her life constantly pregnant and being run ragged by a perpetually expanding brood.

Personally, I would 110% choose the former (or, you know, leaving the cult). No one can ever tell me that pregnancy and childbirth is a better option than, well, just about anything.

 

Pregnancy and childbirth are wonderful when they are your CHOICE. Look at Jessa, who has been PG for 16 months of her 24 months of married life. At just turned 24, that's a hell-of-a start. Can you even imagine? 

Find me the vomiting sweat pea.

Edited by SassyPants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alba
Pregnancy and childbirth are wonderful when they are your CHOICE. Look at Jessa, who has been PG for 16 months of her 24 months of married life. At just turned 24, that's a hell-of-a start. Can you even imagine? 
Find me the vomiting sweat pea.


Exactly! I didn't mean to imply pregnancy is across-the-board awful, just that for ME (and possibly Jana; frankly we don't know) it would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
Carm_88
29 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Pregnancy and childbirth are wonderful when they are your CHOICE. Look at Jessa, who has been PG for 16 months of her 24 months of married life. At just turned 24, that's a hell-of-a start. Can you even imagine? 

Find me the vomiting sweat pea.

Holy shit has she really been pregnant for that many months of her marriage? That's...well I hope there starts to be more space. That's all I'm going to say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nst

and what happens if it starts to affect her mood and mind like it did with her mother ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorruptionInc.

I remembered asking my mum how she would feel if she was pregnant 13.5 years of her life.

She politely looked at me like a complete weirdo and replied with "absolutely not!" 

While she didn't answer the question, her response spoke volumes.

Welcome to your life Jessa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenbutt

My mother in law delivered her first child at age 15 and her last at age 43 (Mr. Butt). She had 12 pregnancies, the first 6 kids were either stillborn or died before the age of three. Her last 7 kids are all happy and healthy to this day. I shudder to try and do the math about how many months she was pregnant in all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
Carm_88

My maternal grandmother had 14 pregnancies. That's a longgggg time pregnant. My paternal grandmother 11 pregnancies. I can't even think about it. That's a long time spent very uncomfortable. Now they each had some losses, SIDS and the like but still...:56247953c05d2_32(6):

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
donnal

Thank God for birth control! This all sounds awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chevreuil

GMIL is one of 16 (two or three did not make it to adulthood) she doesnt talk about what that was like, she does like to talk about what she was told when she had her babies (50s to 60s i think, she had 7 with one not making it to adulthood) like it was recommended not to pick them up too much or not to tickle them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grandmadugger

@amendgitan Nothing was said about how much he wouldn't make as a volunteer firefighter. The tone of the post that I was responding to was that he was just playing dress up. I was pointing out that vollies don't play dress up that they perform the same duties as their paid counterparts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
candygirl200413

My dad is 1 of 11 and my mom is 1 of 13, but my Dad was the only one to have twin siblings (both died but as adults and separately). My grandma on my mom's side is the only living grandparent and I've always just been just a tad curious because I know culturally especially in Eastern Africa it's usually always that you have many kids (but they both are essentially high class in their country so they had maids/cooks/etc.) Plus my parents and their siblings all went ot boarding school (again also during the 50s-60s so I'm assuming dirt cheap). But I just wonder because she got married at 18, Grandpa was 30 and had my aunt by 19 and stopped having kids by her 40s, so I just wonder how that was like always having babies with a majority of them being hospital births but know culturally it'd be rude to ask...

Also now understand why my parents wanted just 2 and ended up with a surprise twin birth :)

 

But damn I know some women truly enjoy being pregnant but with Jessa's smug self I wonder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
mango_fandango

Michelle's had 17 (counting the two sets of twins). Well, full term anyway. 18 if we count Jubilee. My uterus cowers in fear when I think about it. Not ever been pregnant, but I know it isn't easy. Putting yourself through it so many times sounds like an absolute nightmare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brogue
1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Michelle's had 17 (counting the two sets of twins). Well, full term anyway. 18 if we count Jubilee. My uterus cowers in fear when I think about it. Not ever been pregnant, but I know it isn't easy. Putting yourself through it so many times sounds like an absolute nightmare. 

Yeah, I've never been pregnant but that type of thought makes me want to cross my legs very tightly. That's a lot of time spent pregnant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
just_ordinary

Some women have really easy pregnancies. Some women love to be pregnant. Some men love it when their partners are pregnant. Some men are turned on by it. 

Some women even don't feel like their birth was hard or extremely painful. 

I can understand why some people don't mind a constant flow of pregnancies. (I definitely would)

The problem I see are the many children it produces. Nothing against big families. I know it can be done in a good way. But whether Jessa nor Ben have any good role models. They lack maturity (a lot of people their age is more mature than they are) and Jessa gives me emotionally unstable vibes. I could picture her changing her moods quickly and drastically. That is so hard for children to deal with. 

Edited because I realised that this is not the Seewald thread:

Same goes for Jill and Derick. Jury is still out for Jinger and Jeremy. I want to have hope for Joy. She got to be a Tomboy a long time. Living and working at the camp might be exactly what she wants (inside her narrow options). If they value her work at the camp, or GASP she and Austin get their head around we might see very few kids. I go for four. Two very fast and than some good spacing. They will stay fundie, but I don't see them promote it, aside the show. So no Instagram for these two. I can see a homeschool group.

Edited by just_ordinary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
Grimalkin
7 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

My mother in law delivered her first child at age 15 and her last at age 43 (Mr. Butt). She had 12 pregnancies, the first 6 kids were either stillborn or died before the age of three. Her last 7 kids are all happy and healthy to this day. I shudder to try and do the math about how many months she was pregnant in all.

     She must be a strong person. Long story short, something went wrong during my first delivery, and they did not know if my baby would make it. My first thought was fuck this I'm never doing this again. I don't think I would of either. (My eldest is now 18 and healthy).

 

46 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Some women have really easy pregnancies. Some women love to be pregnant. Some men love it when their partners are pregnant. Some men are turned on by it. 

Some women even don't feel like their birth was hard or extremely painful. 

I can understand why some people don't mind a constant flow of pregnancies. (I definitely would)

The problem I see are the many children it produces. Nothing against big families. I know it can be done in a good way. But whether Jessa nor Ben have any good role models. They lack maturity (a lot of people their age is more mature than they are) and Jessa gives me emotionally unstable vibes. I could picture her changing her moods quickly and drastically. That is so hard for children to deal with. 

Edited because I realised that this is not the Seewald thread:

Same goes for Jill and Derick. Jury is still out for Jinger and Jeremy. I want to have hope for Joy. She got to be a Tomboy a long time. Living and working at the camp might be exactly what she wants (inside her narrow options). If they value her work at the camp, or GASP she and Austin get their head around we might see very few kids. I go for four. Two very fast and than some good spacing. They will stay fundie, but I don't see them promote it, aside the show. So no Instagram for these two. I can see a homeschool group.

      I loved being pregnant during my first two pregnancies. I was in my early-mid twenties. My last two pregnancies were a totally different story, being pregnant in my thirties and chasing little one= exhaustion.

      Jessa seems to take good care of herself and seems healthy. I think she could have a few more in rapid succession before it catches up with her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
Gobbles

Oh wow, my Dad is a single child, my mother is a single child as well. My Grandma (mother) is a single child, my Grandma (mother) has two brothers, both without offspring. My other Grandparents are dead and I don't know that side of the family a lot. But also very few children. 

While having +10 children must be pretty exhausting, I would love to have at least one uncle or aunt and cousins. I miss that a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TShirtsLongSkirts

Yup, my grandma was one of 14 (according to my family tree research, it may have been up to 17 that I can't find record of!) and my grandad one of 10. In fact, if you look at my family tree you can see exactly where contraception became a bit more mainstream because suddenly everyone started having way fewer kids!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
withaj

My grandfather was one of 10 surviving children, 15 total, including one set of twins. His mother married at age 15 in 1894 and had given birth 4 times by the time she was widowed, aged 19, in 1900. Remarried in 1906 aged 25 and had 11 more, the last in 1924 when she was 43. 

It exhausts me just thinking about it. Women are tough. I can't imagine putting my body through that, but I know there are plenty of women over the centuries who have borne that many children and lived to raise them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mischievous
LadyCrow1313
22 minutes ago, withaj said:

My grandfather was one of 10 surviving children, 15 total, including one set of twins. His mother married at age 15 in 1894 and had given birth 4 times by the time she was widowed, aged 19, in 1900. Remarried in 1906 aged 25 and had 11 more, the last in 1924 when she was 43. 

It exhausts me just thinking about it. Women are tough. I can't imagine putting my body through that, but I know there are plenty of women over the centuries who have borne that many children and lived to raise them. 

Wasn't there a woman in Russia (or thereabouts) that has the world record for having the most children? If memory serves, I think she had an insane number (63), & a bunch were multiple births, too. Also IIRC, not all of them lived past infancy/birth (but a good number of them did). This was during the 1800's (?), I think.

And yes, I know there's ways I can verify this, but I like to occasionally only use my noggin for remembering facts & such things (& I try to keep the cheating down to a dull roar).  :my_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alba
Wasn't there a woman in Russia (or thereabouts) that has the world record for having the most children? If memory serves, I think she had an insane number (63), & a bunch were multiple births, too. Also IIRC, not all of them lived past infancy/birth (but a good number of them did). This was during the 1800's (?), I think.
And yes, I know there's ways I can verify this, but I like to occasionally only use my noggin for remembering facts & such things (& I try to keep the cheating down to a dull roar).  :my_cool:


Google tells me you're correct, but it was the 1700s, not 1800s. She was "only" pregnant 27 times, though. And THEN her husband went on to have a further 18 children (8 pregnancies) with his second wife.

Linky: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-prolific-mother-ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mischievous
LadyCrow1313
1 minute ago, alba said:

 

 


Google tells me you're correct, but it was the 1700s, not 1800s. She was "only" pregnant 27 times, though. And THEN her husband went on to have a further 18 children (8 pregnancies) with his second wife.

Linky: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-prolific-mother-ever

 

Wow! Thanks for the clarification on that. Talk about major sexy times. :output_eeMbjt:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freedom_for_all
19 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

My mother in law delivered her first child at age 15 and her last at age 43 (Mr. Butt). She had 12 pregnancies, the first 6 kids were either stillborn or died before the age of three. Her last 7 kids are all happy and healthy to this day. I shudder to try and do the math about how many months she was pregnant in all.

 

Oh wow! That must have been rough on not only her body but also her spirit. I can't imagine losing that many kids. If I may ask, when was she having these kids? 

13 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Some women have really easy pregnancies. Some women love to be pregnant. Some men love it when their partners are pregnant. Some men are turned on by it. 

Some women even don't feel like their birth was hard or extremely painful. 

I can understand why some people don't mind a constant flow of pregnancies. (I definitely would)

The problem I see are the many children it produces. Nothing against big families. I know it can be done in a good way. But whether Jessa nor Ben have any good role models. They lack maturity (a lot of people their age is more mature than they are) and Jessa gives me emotionally unstable vibes. I could picture her changing her moods quickly and drastically. That is so hard for children to deal with. 

Edited because I realised that this is not the Seewald thread:

Same goes for Jill and Derick. Jury is still out for Jinger and Jeremy. I want to have hope for Joy. She got to be a Tomboy a long time. Living and working at the camp might be exactly what she wants (inside her narrow options). If they value her work at the camp, or GASP she and Austin get their head around we might see very few kids. I go for four. Two very fast and than some good spacing. They will stay fundie, but I don't see them promote it, aside the show. So no Instagram for these two. I can see a homeschool group.

 

Agreed with Joy and Austen. I'm hopeful since he is one of two but so was Derek. I have wondered if JimBoob just REALLY likes Meechelle when she is pregnant but who knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenbutt

@freedom_for_allProbably in the early 1920's. She was living in rural Oklahoma, in a shack with a dirt floor as all "sooners" did. There was no town, no doctor and obviously no birth control. When I became pregnant I talked to her about it, wanting to know if there was something she knew about. I wonder to this day about Rh factor, pertussis, and pneumonia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nastyhobbitses
18 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Michelle's had 17 (counting the two sets of twins). Well, full term anyway. 18 if we count Jubilee. My uterus cowers in fear when I think about it. Not ever been pregnant, but I know it isn't easy. Putting yourself through it so many times sounds like an absolute nightmare. 

I just start doing Kegels whenever I think about how many times she's been pregnant/given birth. Her poor pelvic floor muscles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×