IGNORED

Another Duggar courting- Joy and Austin, Pt3

SassyPants

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Regardless of what parents believe, what Joy & Austin, Jinger & Jeremy, Jill & Derrick, Jessa & Ben & Josh and Anna will form their own opinions. Josh & Anna may be done, hopefully Anna has said NO MORE babies or even Josh has said this, as four is more than enough.  Jill & Derrick are going to have a good spacing between Izzy & #2 at least 2 years, so who knows how many total they will have. I find it impossible to believe that all 4 of the married couples and the 1 courting couple will have 6, 8 or more kids.  I can see J & D and J& J with 3 or 4 kids each. I'd be more shocked than not if Anna gets pregnant in the next year.  I think if they have any more kids it won't be for a year or two at lest. Not sure about Joy & Austin yet but she is so young, I find it hard to see her having ANY kids yet.  Now Jessa, her I see having 10 or 12 kids more if possible. 

I agree with what you say about Jessa. I think she might be the one with the most kids in the future. I do think Josh and Anna will have  a "reconciliation baby" in 2017. But maybe they will be done with 5 kids.

Jill seems to have a spacing between kids and Jinger, who knows. Jeremy doesn't strike me as someone who need a lot of kids to validate his manliness or something.

Joy is very very young. I hope she waits until she is 20 or 21 to get married but I think she will get married in 2017 in the summer (still at 19) and I also think Joseph is getting married in 2017 to that mystery girl.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/25/2016 at 10:33 PM, CharlieInCharge said:

Does no one else find this incredibly suspect. I understand it's accepted by Guinness, but seriously? It's all based on one account from a monastery in the 1700s. I get including it with an asterisk or something, but there should be an entry for the most verifiable births or something in the more modern era with multiple sources. I've seen this referenced in actual academic articles and it bugs the heck out of me. Sorry, this is a personal vendetta that I've always wanted to share. 

I find this hard to believe as well. Multiple births are risky even today, yet we're supposed to believe that two women in the 1700s gave birth to many sets of multiples, including triplets and quadruplets, but only two of the children died before adulthood? I don't think so.

11 hours ago, Funwithfundies said:

So my 18 year old came home from college for Thanksgiving...with purple hair.  Every single extended family member got a kick out of it - even the politically conservative ones.  

Joy will never have the pleasure of doing something 'silly' like coloring her hair a crazy color on a whim.  Inevitable given the way she was  raised, of course, but it still makes me sad for her.

:thumbsup: This from the 59 year old guy who has looked like his avatar for the past 8 years, only changing colors for different occasions or causes..i.e. breast cancer, colon cancer as well as holidays. Will post a montage of my colors thru the years on "Are You There FJ" soon for Christmas!

On 11/24/2016 at 10:09 PM, Grimalkin said:

She must be a strong person. Long story short, something went wrong during my first delivery, and they did not know if my baby would make it. My first thought was fuck this I'm never doing this again. I don't think I would of either. (My eldest 

Jessa seems to take good care of herself and seems healthy. I think she could have a few more in rapid succession before it catches up with her.

Yep. This was.me. pre-kids I was im exceptional physical condition, had my 1st at 23 and then had my first 3 kids in 27 months. First 2,I coped well. #3 was a bit harder. Had one miscarriage and then 27 months after my 3rd, I had twins...high risk pregnancy with preemies and post partum hemorrhage and c-section complications. i almost died, the babies almost died. I said enough and had a tubal. 5 kids in 4.5 years, unhelpful abusove ex and zero family support. Oh and 5.moves in those 5 years as well ao no solid friend base. .The first.3, I did ok and I suspect  Jessa will be similar, it was preemie twins with a 2, 3 and 4 year old.that did me in. Jessa has more help and may do ok for a bit longer, but it will carch up eventuality, esp as there are fewer J-slaves left as they all get.married off.

7 hours ago, paulypepper said:

:thumbsup: This from the 59 year old guy who has looked like his avatar for the past 8 years, only changing colors for different occasions or causes..i.e. breast cancer, colon cancer as well as holidays. Will post a montage of my colors thru the years on "Are You There FJ" soon for Christmas!

Looking forward to it!  The only thing stopping my son from doing it again anytime soon was having his hair bleached first (his female friends did the whole bleach/color process, as he wouldn't have had a clue, lol).  He said that part was pretty uncomfortable...  :pb_surprised:

9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It just dawned on me that Joy's husband is older than Ben. :pb_lol:

I don't mean to wish heartache on anyone, but perhaps Joy's courtship will go the way of Josiah's.  I just can't believe she's ready to get married at that age. Get out of that house, sure.. married? I know people do..

I imagine it will be a quick courtship based on the time line of Maegen's. Also as others have mentioned I wonder as well what happened to Tyler and Arielle from the episode of World's Strictest Parents.

11 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It just dawned on me that Joy's husband is older than Ben. :pb_lol:

*Boyfriend. Please, let's not marry her off yet. My heart isn't ready.

On 11/24/2016 at 3:15 PM, nst said:

and what happens if it starts to affect her mood and mind like it did with her mother ?

I have to preface this by saying I personally have no children but I have heard from friends with kids that the pregnancy brain struggle is no joke. I read somewhere recently that it is because your brain shrinks during pregnancy and can take six months to go back to normal. Can anyone with more medical knowledge than me confirm this? If so I can't imagine the long term effects multiple successive preganancies so close together have had..

Ugh, the pregnancy brain struggle is real. I have no clue on the scientific background of pregnancy brain, but I made a lot of blunders while I was pregnant that I hadn't made before or since. I put orange juice in the cupboard instead of the fridge, I prepaid for gas and almost drove away without actually putting it in the tank, I parked my car in the garage and then didn't close the door. Seriously, it's bad. I can't imagine experiencing that absent mindedness constantly for years.

4 hours ago, infooverload said:

I imagine it will be a quick courtship based on the time line of Maegen's. Also as others have mentioned I wonder as well what happened to Tyler and Arielle from the episode of World's Strictest Parents.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

How long was Maegan's courtship?

I am of the opinion that if Jill has an easy second birth, she'll go back to the theory of many pregnancies. For once, a medical professional may have told her to cool it and she has, for now anyway. Her first birth was quite hard.

Yes I just stuck up for Jill. I need to go wash myself off, yuck!

To the people who keep saying "Maybe Joy and Austin will break their courtship" ummm, this is signed, sealed, and delivered people.  Joy is in the photo on Austin's family's camp website. It's a done deal. They're probably already engaged. They're just waiting to announce it. JB learned his lesson with the Josiah-Marge debacle. He won't let that happen again. It's bad for the family business. 

On 11/25/2016 at 8:02 AM, withaj said:

My grandfather was one of 10 surviving children, 15 total, including one set of twins. His mother married at age 15 in 1894 and had given birth 4 times by the time she was widowed, aged 19, in 1900. Remarried in 1906 aged 25 and had 11 more, the last in 1924 when she was 43. 

It exhausts me just thinking about it. Women are tough. I can't imagine putting my body through that, but I know there are plenty of women over the centuries who have borne that many children and lived to raise them. 

Quoting myself because I can't do math and the genealogist in me has to correct this information. She was 15 in 1894 when she married, 21 when she was widowed in 1900, 27 when she remarried in 1906, and 45 when she had her last child in 1924. And it was 16 children total, not 15. Whew!!

On another note, when I need a refresher on how many children it's physically possible for a woman to have, I look back to royal and noble families. They are a good frame of reference for this because 1) They were trying to ensure a robust line of succession, 2) Their issue is well-documented, unlike some of the alleged world records I have a lot of trouble believing, 3) Breastfeeding was considered vulgar and therefore there is no natural child spacing.

Queen Victoria's maternal lineage is particularly impressive. Specifically, her ggg-grandmother, Christine of Mecklenburg-Güstrow, aged 20-42, gave birth to 23 children, including 10 in the first 7 -- yes, seven -- years. Even her later pregnancies were typically only about 14 months apart. Now, dollars to donuts, none of these women were taking care of their own children, and it seems nuts to think about having that many in modern times as anything other than an intellectual exercise. Which is not a good reason to have children.

4 hours ago, emscm said:

I have to preface this by saying I personally have no children but I have heard from friends with kids that the pregnancy brain struggle is no joke. I read somewhere recently that it is because your brain shrinks during pregnancy and can take six months to go back to normal. Can anyone with more medical knowledge than me confirm this? If so I can't imagine the long term effects multiple successive preganancies so close together have had..

Pregosaurus Rex here. I'm 33 weeks at the moment and starting to get kind of uncomfortable.

Pregnancy rain is 100% real for me right now. I've literally forgotten what I'm saying in the middle of saying it and I've forgotten what I'm doing while I'm doing it. Also, pregnancy rage. It's real and you don't want it directed at you. 

The struggle is real guys. It's really real. 

Ugh pregnancy rage. One of my first pregnancy symptoms (after tender breasts and crazy dreams. I never get morning sickness), its like PMS on steroids. I'm terrible at forgetting things pregnant or not so thats normal. On many occassions i have desperately searched for my phone, only to find it in my hand. I once forgot my second born at my mom's house and drove almost all the way home before i noticed i was missing a kid (he was a few months old so that could have been sleep deprivation)

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Pregosaurus Rex here. I'm 33 weeks at the moment and starting to get kind of uncomfortable.

Pregnancy rain is 100% real for me right now. I've literally forgotten what I'm saying in the middle of saying it and I've forgotten what I'm doing while I'm doing it. Also, pregnancy rage. It's real and you don't want it directed at you. 

The struggle is real guys. It's really real. 

Yes pregnancy brain is very real, and don't get too excited about getting your brain back. Once you give birth you go from pregnancy brain to mommy brain, that too is a very legitimate thing.  I think my youngest was 8 before I felt like my brain was functioning 100%. Now I've got menopause brain. Being a woman can be a real bitch.

3 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Ugh, the pregnancy brain struggle is real. I have no clue on the scientific background of pregnancy brain, but I made a lot of blunders while I was pregnant that I hadn't made before or since. I put orange juice in the cupboard instead of the fridge, I prepaid for gas and almost drove away without actually putting it in the tank, I parked my car in the garage and then didn't close the door. Seriously, it's bad. I can't imagine experiencing that absent mindedness constantly for years.

God help me, I remember this so well!!!  During pregnancy, it wasn't bad at all, but after I gave birth, OMG.  I actually had to carry around a notebook and take notes on conversations that I would have because the second the conversation was over, I would LITERALLY forget every single thing that had been discussed.  The very worst part of it was that my obstetrician told me there was nothing she could do and I needed to see a psychiatrist.  Now I understand what a liar and a lazy doctor she was, but I hadn't been pregnant or had a baby before.  I had always prided myself on my clear mind and being able to think correctly and all of a sudden my mind wasn't working right and I knew it wasn't working right.  It was probably the worst thing I ever went through.  Fortunately I had a good husband who took me seriously and got me some xanax (I wasn't breastfeeding).  Have no idea where he got it and didn't care, because that pill saved my sanity.  I was finally able to calm my mind and think clearly again.  Even remembering all that hell is making me shake here.

3 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I am of the opinion that if Jill has an easy second birth, she'll go back to the theory of many pregnancies. For once, a medical professional may have told her to cool it and she has, for now anyway. Her first birth was quite hard.

Yes I just stuck up for Jill. I need to go wash myself off, yuck!

I had a long, protracted labor with a post dates infant, much like Jill. This was also my first baby.  My pregnancy also ended with a c-section d/t fetal distress. I was induced for over 24 hours, although unlike Jill's Izzy, my baby was not large @ 7 lbs even. I was given no post birth warning about when I could safely consider another pregnancy.

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I had a long, protracted labor with a post dates infant, much like Jill. This was also my first baby.  My pregnancy also ended with a c-section d/t fetal distress. I was induced for over 24 hours, although unlike Jill's Izzy, my baby was not large @ 7 lbs even. I was given no post birth warning about when I could safely consider another pregnancy.

I had the same thing only with a preterm baby (36 wks) my water broke, and I didn't go into labor and wasn't ready for labor, closed up tight, so I was given pitocen 4 hours after my water broke.  22 hours of labor 4 hours of pushing baby still not engaged in my pelvis finally figured I should have a c/section, my baby was 8 lbs even.  I was never verbally told to wait, but my discharge paper work said I should wait 6 months, ideally, before getting pregnant again.  My son was 18 months old when I got pregnant again and I was told after #2 at my 8 week check up to wait until my next doc visit to check my iron levels and have a trans vaginal u/s to my endometriosis, not sure if that would have been the case with JUST the low iron or not, I never got pg again hubby said no more kids.  

13 hours ago, Funwithfundies said:

Looking forward to it!  The only thing stopping my son from doing it again anytime soon was having his hair bleached first (his female friends did the whole bleach/color process, as he wouldn't have had a clue, lol).  He said that part was pretty uncomfortable...  :pb_surprised:

Bleaching first does make the color "pop" more, just don't keep it on longer to where you are uncomfortable. Shameless plug for a company I don't work for, I've always used "Splat" which has both the bleach and color in one box available at your neighborhood Walgreens. An extreme choice of colors that actually last as long as regular hair colors.:)

the bleaching process.... Beauty is pain. if you wait till your hair is really dirty the oil helps your scalp a bit. 

I think I saw somewhere else that it might be possible Jill has secondary infertility that is why they are staying extra long in the US for her to get tested.

I'm not holding out any hope that the Duggar girls-- biological or not-- will start using artificial birth control. What do I hope is for them to discover NFP (one of the more reliable methods) and space their children out more than their parents did. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived